Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should BitBet refund snackman's 10 BTC? (and all other victims' losses)
Yes - 212 (74.6%)
No - 72 (25.4%)
Total Voters: 284

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC)  (Read 58144 times)
deivid

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:03:22 PM

I'm not going to stop until we get our money back.
You're just going to gain a reputation of blackmailing services that do not owe you anything, like your friend snackman. Good job!

What you do not understand is that acting like a retard and going all "theft", demanding things that are not yours anymore, are only making things worse.
If I was running BitBet, you can be sure I would never give anything to you, in fear of encouraging more scammers like you to act that way. If it was asked nicely, in a "I made a mistake" way? I would immediately refund you, minus the usual fee.

I asked nicely, in various emails and I waited patiently. I'm not a rude person. They rejected to refund me all times.
Do you expect me to just accept the situation and to be quiet? I'm defending my money like you would do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:53:28 PM

Do you expect me to just accept the situation and to be quiet?

The expectation is that you learn from your mistakes. Other than that, you can be as loud as you wish, tho it does cross into ridiculous after a while.

I'm defending my money like you would do.

The idea is to defend afore rather than after. In the better words of our esteemed leader,

All this aside, non-enforced contracts, contracts which the participants uphold out of their own free will rather than at the behest of some third party or by the point of the sword of some blind demigoddess are a thoroughly fascinating turn of events. For one, they are fundamentally human, they’re one step up on the stairwell of freedom. Do it if you think it’s right is certainly a lot more empowering, civilised and overall good than “do it or else”. For the other, they allow all the enforcing to happen before the actual contract is entered into. Old contracts contain unknown future costs, nobody can ever tell you exactly how much will you have to pay in legal fees to recoup this five hundred owed on whatever deal. GPG Contracts don’t have any future costs at all. The cost of enforcing one after the fact is always going to be zero, pretty much because there’s never going to be anything you need (or indeed can) do.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

All this aside, non-enforced contracts, contracts which the participants uphold out of their own free will rather than at the behest of some third party or by the point of the sword of some blind demigoddess are a thoroughly fascinating turn of events. For one, they are fundamentally human, they’re one step up on the stairwell of freedom. Do it if you think it’s right is certainly a lot more empowering, civilised and overall good than “do it or else”. For the other, they allow all the enforcing to happen before the actual contract is entered into. Old contracts contain unknown future costs, nobody can ever tell you exactly how much will you have to pay in legal fees to recoup this five hundred owed on whatever deal. GPG Contracts don’t have any future costs at all. The cost of enforcing one after the fact is always going to be zero, pretty much because there’s never going to be anything you need (or indeed can) do.

Did you write that? `the point of the sword of some blind demigoddess are a thoroughly fascinating turn of events` lmao.
It sounds like it was written by a machine trying to imitate human writing. The prose is awful and has no relevance to the discussion here. Nobody is signing any contract when they use bitbet. You seem to have this misdirected sense of entitlement and perverse belief that a FAQ constitutes a legally binding agreement between parties. You`re objectively wrong regardless of all these inane, meandering articles you keep referencing to.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

Did you write that? `the point of the sword of some blind demigoddess are a thoroughly fascinating turn of events` lmao.
It sounds like it was written by a machine trying to imitate human writing. The prose is awful and has no relevance to the discussion here. Nobody is signing any contract when they use bitbet. You seem to have this misdirected sense of entitlement and perverse belief that a FAQ constitutes a legally binding agreement between parties. You`re objectively wrong regardless of all these inane, meandering articles you keep referencing to.

They don't care about being wrong. They care about $7000. That's how small time they are.

Both of the scam threads could've been great advertising for a great service but instead they've been small time, a shit service but they've got their 7k. As I said fairly early, they are bottom feeders.

The op was a naive fool dealing with these people in the first place imho. They make almost 50% of their money tricking naive/ignorant people out of their money. Feel sorry for the op but he's never going to get his money back. The operators of the site made it clear they see all deposits as fools sending them money. They could have various warning re bets but they literally banked on people not reading their faq.

They are scum, nothing more nothing less.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:45:23 PM

Please direct all further refund requests to BitBet's authorized refund handling agent, Mr. David Thorne, esq.

These aren't being handled by Ms. Helen Waite anymore?

I heard if you wanted a refund you should go to Helen Waite.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:26:50 AM

As your literacy blossoms you may come to discover that generally when you don't understand a text it's not really the author's fault.

These aren't being handled by Ms. Helen Waite anymore?

I heard if you wanted a refund you should go to Helen Waite.

Page three stuff? This thread is becoming a sort of lulz Mecca is it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:29:50 AM

I'm seriously only reading pages 1, 3, and 12 of this stuff
muasktak10

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:38:46 AM

I'm seriously only reading pages 1, 3, and 12 of this stuff
Are you not able to read? Most people here won't read through all 12 pages. And I did, and that's why I made the comment I did. Did you read that?

I find two good things coming from this thread, that proves in my mind bitbet is a smalltime scam operation.

This thread is 4th on google, and with numerous threads of similar accusations right underneath it.
The company will not refund such a small amount of money. Good companies go through arbitration and have a settlement, not drag whole entire communities through the mud and smear every person who doesn't bow down to your illegal practice.

So enjoy your $7000, maybe the fbi will come busting down your door. who knows?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:20:44 AM

maybe the fbi will come busting down your door. who knows?

Well, the way the US is run these days, maybe it'll come busting down your door. Even odds.

such a small amount of money

Funny you should say that.

Good companies go through arbitration and have a settlement

Exactly. It's here.

not drag whole entire communities

You are very much confused as to what "whole communities" means. Hint: it's not you. It's not the other idiot and his coupla socks.

muasktak10

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:06:40 AM

Well, the way the US is run these days, maybe it'll come busting down your door. Even odds.

Exactly. It's here.

You are very much confused as to what "whole communities" means. Hint: it's not you. It's not the other idiot and his coupla socks.
Good thing I'm not talking about you.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:07:03 AM

Exactly. It's here.

lulz, i think ill start a bet on bitbet.us, like the multiple ones I have in the past with zero issues.
snackman (OP)

Activity: 260

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:23:11 PM

Exactly. It's here.

lulz, i think ill start a bet on bitbet.us, like the multiple ones I have in the past with zero issues.
Whether or not you've had issues with bitbet in the past, they did steal from me, and to support them is to support thieves.

JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:26:35 PM

I vote yes!

and if your nit picky and would like to change your subject its 11k now that btc has risen
kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:15:57 AM

I vote yes!

and if your nit picky and would like to change your subject its 11k now that btc has risen

You don't get to vote about what happens to other people's money.

This thread in a nutshell:

1) snackman attempts to scam the holders of a contract on Bitbet.us by betting after the contract closes. snackman sends his BTC to Bitbet.us, putting his coins in their control to be handled by the rules of the service.
2) snackman's BTC do not arrive before the bet is resolved and are kept by Bitbet.us, as is the policy of the service.
3) snackman creates 13 pages of butthurt on Bitcointalk and creates a poll that means something only in his own head. Refuses to take any responsibility for himself in regards to reading the rules or attempting to scam other users on Bitbet.us.

I do not hold any shares of S.BBET but after reading this thread I wish I did.

コピペ copypaste
snackman (OP)

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:25:38 AM

I vote yes!

You don't get to vote about what happens to other people's money.

This thread in a nutshell:

1) snackman attempts to scam the holders of a contract on Bitbet.us by betting after the contract closes. snackman sends his BTC to Bitbet.us, putting his coins in their control to be handled by the rules of the service.
2) snackman's BTC do not arrive before the bet is resolved and are kept by Bitbet.us, as is the policy of the service.
3) snackman creates 13 pages of butthurt on Bitcointalk and creates a poll that means something only in his own head. Refuses to take any responsibility for himself in regards to reading the rules or attempting to scam other users on Bitbet.us.

The policy is ridiculous - BitBet rewards itself for its inability to craft a proper, fair betting system by stealing.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:27:34 AM

Judging by how the price has been going, you're not the only one.

kopipe

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:31:42 AM

The policy is ridiculous - BitBet rewards itself for its inability to craft a proper, fair betting system by stealing.

By sending your BTC you accepted the contract, however ridiculous you think it is. It really is that simple. A scam is when a contract is broken. There is no scam here because no contract was ever broken. MPEX/BBET did exactly what they said they would do and did not back down even with mounting pressure from people using their emotions as an argument, which is very admirable to their shareholders.

This is exactly how a company dealing in BTC should behave.

コピペ copypaste
snackman (OP)

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:39:17 AM

By sending your BTC you accepted the contract, however ridiculous you think it is. It really is that simple. A scam is when a contract is broken. There is no scam here because no contract was ever broken. MPEX/BBET did exactly what they said they would do and did not back down even with mounting pressure from people using their emotions as an argument, which is very admirable to their shareholders.

This is exactly how a company dealing in BTC should behave.

An FAQ is not a contract. It is a scam because no service was rendered to me and my bitcoin was stolen. I have not used emotions as my argument, only the fact that BitBet has done no work to deserve my 10 bitcoin.

kopipe

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:45:07 AM

An FAQ is not a contract. It is a scam because no service was rendered to me and my bitcoin was stolen. I have not used emotions as my argument, only the fact that BitBet has done no work to deserve my 10 bitcoin.

Actually, in the world of Bitcoin, where there are no chargebacks or other ways to "idiot proof" the system, any information the service makes publicly available is part of the contract you accept when you send coins to their public key. I'm curious what else you think the contract should be. You do realize the Bitcoin protocol has no way to make sure you read (or even see) a contract before you make a transaction? Therefore it is your, and only your, responsibility to read all information about a service before you send it your coins.

The service laid out in their terms was rendered to you. The service was having your coins distributed among S.BBET's shareholders. That might not be the service you expected, but that's what they said they would do before you sent the transaction.

Just admit your error and move on and let this die. It is obvious there is no way they will refund you and any uninvolved observer can see you were trying to cheat the other bet contract holders and were dealt with reasonably purusant to the terms you agreed to.

コピペ copypaste
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:45:40 AM

That's actually exactly opposite of how things work. You've done no work to deserve a return on your 10 BTC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: