Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet hack  (Read 501 times)
Dmcuibap

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:49:22 PM

Luckily that i didnt use Myether Wallet since, Im only using Metamask for Token and ETH transfer. Very bad news for cryptocurry world. Hope this wont happen again in the future. Over $17k USD ETH stolen and much Token also.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:58:21 PM

The DND server has been compromised. This isn't the problem for only MEW, but many other websites as well. Actually, the havker was able to shift traffic to the malicious website. He was also able to hijacks amazon traffic for 2 hrs.

It is better to not access MyEtherWallet.com for the time being. If anyone still wants to access his funds, you can try Metamask, Exodus or idex for coin transfers. Never ignore the certificate warning that google gives.
NOAHCOINOfficial

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 06:59:47 PM

Also have read the news about hacking MEW. Think it's better no to use it for some time till everything gets clear
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:15:42 PM

I do not have complete information on the hack, but I heard that it involved DNS. Now I hear you that exchanges are very risky, but lately with all the hacks I am not sure, as you hear more people's wallet getting hacked than exchange accounts.
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

I've read that those who use myetherwallet with Metamask weren't concerned by this hack.
Isn't it majority of MEW users that use Metamask?
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:22:48 PM

I almost become a victim of the hack, when I tried to use the wallet yesterday when I noticed the way the site was performing then I changed to mycrypto.com, I have said before that the main threat to the space is hacker not the governments that people keep talking about, the of hacks now is very sophisticated
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:25:59 PM

Well, it was very unfortunate for the people who lost their funds. Last time I checked the hacker managed to get around 216 ETH and maybe the number is more now but everyone is made aware which is good to know.
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:28:42 PM

It seems that someone has successfully hacked MyEtherWallet and has stolen some people’s tokens. Mine seem to be fine for now.

Has anyone lost any Etherium or tokens and does anyone know how the hack was perpetrated?

This is potentially a major security risk because we all know that keeping coins on an exchange is a high risk. Now using MyEtherWallet may also be risky.
The DNS server was hacked indeed,but it was fixed by the team behind myetherwallet as soon as the issue occured,all of the DNS are fixed and should be working properly clearly that hackers are good because they wont get those DNS if they are amature hackers.It seems they have stolen millions of dollars of ethereum from different people.

AlGovorov

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:30:26 PM

This simply could not be, to might have broken into. Probably got on some website which is similar or go in a purse in the wrong place or someone spied on.
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

How many times have we read on the forum about hacking wallets ... Why do not people use security rules? Even Metamask is safer, in my opinion ... And it's better to buy a hardware purse once and safely store tokens, do not enter private keys!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

What the hell is going on? Too often they cracked MEW. I'm starting to worry about my tokens.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

myetherwallet hack is most unfortunate and fud news it will definitely affect the entire market sentiment of erc20 tokens
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 07:54:39 PM

I keep my money on 3 different purses. also I use Ladger Nano S to log in MEW.
but this does not give me full confidence. I plan to buy an additional laptop for offline transactions
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

It was hacked indeed,the DNS server from google was hijacked by those pro hackers who managed to redirect users from legit myetherwallet.com to their phishing site,which is why those people who have logged in their wallets with their private keys are hacked because these hackers did a perfect timing ,to have those ethereums.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Larochka

Activity: 196

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM

Recently, the hacking of this wallet has increased. How to save your cryptocurrency now? Using hardware wallets also does not save you from breaking into DNS and switching to phishing sites. Who thinks anything about this, how to secure their ethers and ERC-20 tokens?  Huh

LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

Their official Twitter account says:

It seeds that everything is now back to normal, BUT PLEASE STAY SAFE and read/share this guide: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/security/myetherwallet-protips-how-not-to-get-scammed-during-ico.html
I recommend reading this article.

After all this, I'd definitely recommend a hardware wallet just in case
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:22:50 PM

This is why you should be using a hardware wallet.

Positivebetting
willoweb

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:44:46 PM

I think that the trezor or nano s will solve all the problems with access to the wallets of the most common cryptocurrencies and erc-20 tokens.

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:47:01 PM

I think that the trezor or nano s will solve all the problems with access to the wallets of the most common cryptocurrencies and erc-20 tokens.

This is why i'd recommend a hardware wallet always. can never be too safe.
carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:50:22 PM

It seems that someone has successfully hacked MyEtherWallet and has stolen some people’s tokens. Mine seem to be fine for now.

Has anyone lost any Etherium or tokens and does anyone know how the hack was perpetrated?

This is potentially a major security risk because we all know that keeping coins on an exchange is a high risk. Now using MyEtherWallet may also be risky.

Hopefully it's not true. Recently, I have been reading lots of articles and claims that myetherwallet is not safe anymore, and that many hackers have cracked how you invade and steal coins that are held in e-wallet sponsored by it. However, I think that it is still one of the best wallet around to hold coins, I still have not seen any reliable and true accounts of hacked myetherwallets except those that have been scammed or victimized through shady enrollments like scam airdrops. Thus, I would still believe that the people behind this wallet would do something to safeguard the coins of the many people using it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: