Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:09:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy is unsafe  (Read 4121 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:43:54 AM

As i post this, i have been logged onto two seperate accounts each with significant balances and i've posted in the chatbox as proof. i even have a screenshot of a guys' account, i suggest you withdraw your funds quickly, not everyone is as honest as me. @ Cryptsy, i expect a big deposit in my account for not tampering with these accounts and funds and ruining your reputation in the process.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:47:43 AM

hm

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:50:27 AM

...and did cryptsy reply to your post ?

...are you sure about your right procedure about security ?

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:00:18 AM

i tried waiting for a mod to come online, got bored. everytime i click support, it jus greys out and has that circle thing with no change. tried accesing my account a third time and ended up in another one.

i've given up on logging into to MY ACCOUNT for now, lest i end up in a very tempting account, or end up with access to the whole exchanges btc wallet...because then i'd have a new BMW.
stas

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:03:24 AM

As i post this, i have been logged onto two seperate accounts each with significant balances and i've posted in the chatbox as proof. i even have a screenshot of a guys' account, i suggest you withdraw your funds quickly, not everyone is as honest as me. @ Cryptsy, i expect a big deposit in my account for not tampering with these accounts and funds and ruining your reputation in the process.

So, let us see some screenshots.

lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:04:18 AM

So, let us see some screenshots.

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:17:03 AM

I can access my own account only.

Maybe I should try logging out and see if I can get into a rich account Grin

JL0z

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:17:55 AM

barwizi,

Do you access the internet from behind a proxy server?  Or just from a home internet connection?  I have heard of some problems with picking up the wrong or outdated webpage when using proxies, but haven't heard about what you just had happen.  I did read in the chatbox when you apparently were logged on as jopeto650.  I also clicked on the Support button and it comes up ok.  Alternatively you can just choose Support from the top menu.

I agree that it should not be possible to do what you just did.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:27:13 AM

i tried waiting for a mod to come online, got bored. everytime i click support, it jus greys out and has that circle thing with no change. tried accesing my account a third time and ended up in another one.

i've given up on logging into to MY ACCOUNT for now, lest i end up in a very tempting account, or end up with access to the whole exchanges btc wallet...because then i'd have a new BMW.

Post a screen shot of this jopeto account with a "significant" balance.  Or is this like when you said you were opening a crypto bank in South Africa?   Roll Eyes
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:42:46 AM

Post a screen shot of this jopeto account with a "significant" balance.  Or is this like when you said you were opening a crypto bank in South Africa?   Roll Eyes

You mean, Nigeria, right?

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:56:50 AM

once i get a response from cryptst i'll post it.  tho i really have lil to prove since you already know the chat name meaning u wer logged on or hv bn told about it by those who were.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:49:01 PM

@ Cryptsy, i expect a big deposit in my account for not tampering with these accounts and funds and ruining your reputation in the process.

ummm sounds exactly like you ARE already trying to ruin their reputation, not the first post from you with a 'something better be in it for me' attitude.

markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:55:49 PM

once i get a response from cryptst i'll post it.  tho i really have lil to prove since you already know the chat name meaning u wer logged on or hv bn told about it by those who were.

Yu have given us no reason to believe this ridiculous claim, without screenshots, or other proof.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:37:58 PM

As far as being logged into multiple accounts, possible but not likely. Cryptsy is composed of security amateurs but not that amateur.

The best thing anyone can do is simply move their coins to a personal wallet. It doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't manipulate the market and just keeps everything safe.

I do however foresee some serious "technical issues" that may result in a massive loss of coins combined with an inability to reach the site when the new UI is rolled out  Cheesy

Best practice for ANY exchange, keep your coins in your own wallet and what ever happens doesn't affect you at all.

~BCX~
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:42:11 PM

As far as being logged into multiple accounts, possible but not likely. Cryptsy is composed of security amateurs but not that amateur.

The best thing anyone can do is simply move their coins to a personal wallet. It doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't manipulate the market and just keeps everything safe.

I do however foresee some serious "technical issues" that may result in a massive loss of coins combined with an inability to reach the site when the new UI is rolled out  Cheesy

Best practice for ANY exchange, keep your coins in your own wallet and what ever happens doesn't affect you at all.

~BCX~
or keep it at something established like bitstamp.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:39:01 PM

Yu have given us no reason to believe this ridiculous claim, without screenshots, or other proof.

i'm sure this already confirms it

Post a screen shot of this jopeto account with a "significant" balance.  Or is this like when you said you were opening a crypto bank in South Africa?   Roll Eyes

but it would be unfair to just post the guys account without hearing the full story from cryptsy. i got the auto response and an email, to which i've asked a few questions, once i get my response i'll link it.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:38:09 PM

but it would be unfair to just post the guys account without hearing the full story from cryptsy. i got the auto response and an email, to which i've asked a few questions, once i get my response i'll link it.

Fair ? ? ?

~BCX~
snawdog

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:02:10 PM

Absolutely Cryptsy is safe.
I was there when this occurred,and it was addressed nearly immediately..Seems over-blown by a hater to me.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:55:52 PM

Absolutely Cryptsy is safe.
I was there when this occurred,and it was addressed nearly immediately..Seems over-blown by a hater to me.
it was addressed by who? do tell us, and what time that happened.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:09:16 AM

~BCX~

agree with bcx here

smart practice is to never keep a significant amount of your crypto wealth on any online source. only ever keep on any exchange what you're currently trading.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: