Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Application been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.  (Read 720 times)
joshuajones02 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:43:51 AM

I've been having a hard couple of days as I haven't been able to get my system running, I've made progress but now I'm getting this error and I'm not sure what to do

Application miner.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

I disabled Windows Defender antivirus using GPedit (not sure if thats all I needed)

and from researching I've seen people have had success by disabling SLI but I can't access the control panel to turn it off because I don't use a monitor and the main display is IGD

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:56:32 AM

What Application ? if gaming and you over clocked the card for mining reset it back to defaults then reboot the PC to be safe, then try .. or turn off any soft ware that controls the Card for mining, an any auto restarts with windows and reboot to be safe, then try.

when I play wow i get that on my every day PC, i use from time to time for mining , if I forget to set it back to defaults before I log into wow or profile with after burner i might have set up for wow.

A few other Application's that use the PC like games will do it to .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:58:41 AM

sorry

Application miner.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

I dont use this computer for gaming, strictly for mining. It has a fresh win 10 pro os on it and no OC settings set, just 80% TDP and fans set

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:03:34 AM

in that case make sure your Virtual memory is on and at least set to auto other wise no idea why unless you have the DEP set wrong after a clean install .. i have three rigs I use for nothing but mining with a Striped version of win 10 pro on each  with a custom made install.wim Installed with a SSD USB drive ..even on my gmaing PC i Strip[ down the install.wim file i hate all the BS i don't need and won't ever use .

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:09:40 AM

I changed to boot to the 1080 ti card instead of IGD, so intels crap isnt loaded... hoping maybe that'll fix it? I'll check virtual memory.. what do i do with DEP?

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:11:15 AM

Yeah VM is set to auto, only a 2944 MB created tho, but I have 16 gb of ram on this rig

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:12:44 AM

make sure it's not the block list it's in same area as the virtual setting other wise no idea it doesn't sound like a driver issue .

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:14:03 AM

block list?

It says its on for essential windows programs and services only

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:20:24 AM

Well, its been running strong for about 15 minutes now.. it should either happen again real soon or it was something to do with intel's display settings from the IGD display setting. Only thing I changed was booting it up using the 1080 ti as a display lol

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:21:37 AM

yea being up were the Virtual memory setting are if there is nothing set on the Date execution Prevention tab your OK or may be a bad windows install, may be set the VM to 16000 GB,to test it. the Mining software is messed up, get a new copy etc ...

sense you just said that there might be a setting in the mb's Bios that either needs to be turned on or off. like you said.

Glad to see you might have it ...

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:25:28 AM

rgr, thank you. I will try those next. Its still running strong *knock on wood*

I think the change from IGD to PCIe graphics seriously fixed it. It had to of been something in the IGD Intel Graphics settings, because nothing else was changed.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:29:12 AM

unless your cpu has on board video yea or the main PCIe slot it filled with a card that can cause it been there done that lol ..

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:54:00 AM

yeah its working now, definitely was the issue *knock on wood*. I'll confirm tomorrow morning, but earlier it wouldn't run for anything longer than 10 - 15 minutes before giving that error.

joshuajones02 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:22:12 PM

Alright well that error is no longer coming up, as far as I can see but the computer is still crashing after a couple of hours

nhirsch

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

I had same problem.  noticed also intermittent pcie slots were not booting up.   decided to unplug 4 cards out of 8 to see if I had same problem.   In pulling out SATA cable from power supply, noticed one pin had melted!   Put in new sata cable in spare sata connector and everything worked!    RMAd the EVGA 1600 P2 supply back.  Replaced with EVGA 1600 T2 and all is working since.  Never thought it could have been hardware power issue but saw/remembered somewhere someone else replaced SATA cable to fix it afterward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: