Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required]  (Read 207938 times)
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:31:58 PM

I want to connecting pywallet into wallet.dat, then appear the message

Code:
C:\Users\adi\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin>pywallet.py --wallet="wallet.dat"

'ecdsa' package is not installed, pywallet won't be able to sign/verify messages
A mandatory option is missing

why  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:23:24 AM

Code:

'ecdsa' package is not installed, pywallet won't be able to sign/verify messages

why  Huh

"ecdsa" package is needed to sign/verify messages. If you don't sign/verify messages, it isn't needed. IMHO using localhost is better. Try doing it. I haven't played with Pywallet for sometime now. So I don't remember commands. You can get it by running pywallet.py --help.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:06:26 PM

Code:

why  Huh

"ecdsa" package is needed to sign/verify messages. If you don't sign/verify messages, it isn't needed. IMHO using localhost is better. Try doing it. I haven't played with Pywallet for sometime now. So I don't remember commands. You can get it by running pywallet.py --help.

It is missing the ecdsa.py 'package' : https://github.com/warner/python-ecdsa  you should download it and put it in the python folder (C:\Python27\Lib).
You can find the package also here : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ecdsa/0.13
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 01:48:03 PM

Code:

why  Huh

The first message about 'ecdsa' isn't the big problem, the second one about 'A mandatory option is missing' is a problem. pywallet is expecting another '--some-option' at the command line to tell it what to do.... so the question is what would you like pywallet to do?

(Also, like MZ said just above, --help gives you a list of all things it can do, one of which you need to add after --wallet="wallet.dat")
lontivero

Activity: 164
Merit: 126

Amazing times are coming

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:45:11 PM

I am sure this is an great bitcoin wallet but why do python developers call everything pyxxxx? I mean, a chess game is called pychess instead of CrazyBishop, SuperSquare, MikaTal or pow8_2? Once, when I was looking for a calculator I found pycalc. What if everybody do the samething? we would end with jcalc, ncalc, scalacalc, rubycalc, calc++ and so on.

Why do you think the language is important?
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:48:38 PM

Will this work on mac?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 05:50:37 PM

Will this work on mac?

Yes. It's written in Python.

P.S. From Github pywallet repo:

Dependencies for Mac OS X:
 1. Install MacPorts from http://www.macports.org/
 2. sudo port install python27 py27-twisted py27-pip py-bsddb python_select
 3. sudo port select --set python python27
 4. sudo easy_install ecdsa

stayerc

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:30:10 PM

Hi, when I'm trying to run pywallet.py, I get following error
Code:
stayerc@C855-arch:~/.bitcoin$ ./pywallet.py --web
  File "./pywallet.py", line 852
    _p = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFC2FL
                                                                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Please help
matsmyth

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:37:23 PM

can anyone tell me what the "--otherversion=" parameter would be for gridcoin? or how to find it?
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 03:43:17 PM

Does anyone know how to use this tool to recover Namecoin private keys from a corrupted encrypted wallet?

I've already tried to run the following command but everything it returns are Bitcoin public and private keys.
sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --namecoin --recov_device /dev/sdb --recov_size 16Gio --recov_outputdir /home/username/Desktop/recovery

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:31:34 PM

I am sure this is an great bitcoin wallet but why do python developers call everything pyxxxx? I mean, a chess game is called pychess instead of CrazyBishop, SuperSquare, MikaTal or pow8_2? Once, when I was looking for a calculator I found pycalc. What if everybody do the samething? we would end with jcalc, ncalc, scalacalc, rubycalc, calc++ and so on.

Why do you think the language is important?

I know this is old but 1) I didn't choose the name (I continued the development after joric "disappeared") and 2) there is JCalc

Hi, when I'm trying to run pywallet.py, I get following error
Code:
stayerc@C855-arch:~/.bitcoin$ ./pywallet.py --web
  File "./pywallet.py", line 852
    _p = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFC2FL
                                                                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Please help
Pywallet requires Python 2, not 3

Does anyone know how to use this tool to recover Namecoin private keys from a corrupted encrypted wallet?

I've already tried to run the following command but everything it returns are Bitcoin public and private keys.
sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --namecoin --recov_device /dev/sdb --recov_size 16Gio --recov_outputdir /home/username/Desktop/recovery
If the wallet is recent I'm afraid you may not be able to recover it (wallet format has changed since I last updated Pywallet)

But if it did return public/private keys then you may be lucky
In this case this should be rather easy to translate them into Namecoin, but before, do you know how to import a private key into a Namecoin wallet?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:16:27 PM

Hey jackjack, you're alive! Smiley

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:58:17 PM

Hey jackjack, you're alive! Smiley
Yes I am  Smiley
Still a few weeks left before I can come back for real!

BTW I'm looking at the code I produced and I'm kinda ashamed of this ugly code, it's obvious I used pywallet to learn Python  Grin
That makes me wonder, is it still useful to have something like an updated pywallet? Because I see that the bitcoin clients have included many features and I don't know (I couldn't follow Bitcoin news for months) exactly which ones

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:52:09 PM

Yes I am  Smiley

BTW I'm looking at the code I produced and I'm kinda ashamed of this ugly code, it's obvious I used pywallet to learn Python  Grin
That makes me wonder, is it still useful to have something like an updated pywallet? Because I see that the bitcoin clients have included many features and I don't know (I couldn't follow Bitcoin news for months) exactly which ones

It's good to have an updated pywallet. I would like pywallet to extract private keys in bulk from altcoins that don't have the "dumpwallet" command. To generate a bunch of addresses. Multi-sigs. ... Or if you really hate your ugly code to do it over from scratch (using the old code as a "guide".)

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:50:46 PM

Yes I am  Smiley

It's good to have an updated pywallet. I would like pywallet to extract private keys in bulk from altcoins that don't have the "dumpwallet" command. To generate a bunch of addresses. Multi-sigs. ... Or if you really hate your ugly code to do it over from scratch (using the old code as a "guide".)

I have a rewritten pywallet lying around, I'll have to find it and update it with the features it misses

racezefi

Activity: 80
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:38:05 AM

Yes I am  Smiley

I have a rewritten pywallet lying around, I'll have to find it and update it with the features it misses

Hey man, if you could do it, I'd greatly appreciate it, you'd make my life much easier!
BitcoinNewsBR

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 12:40:41 PM

Someone who knows how to use Pywallet could help solve my issue? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1728263.msg17294891#msg17294891

Reward: 2 BTC
qvqgg

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:12:15 PM

Pywallet responds with 'Error with Dump Page'. What should I do ?
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:30:38 PM

Pywallet responds with 'Error with Dump Page'. What should I do ?
If it's a recent wallet it's because pywallet can't read them
It will handle them in the next version, no ETA though (a few weeks maybe)

sachalamp

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:50:56 AM

Hello, I'm getting this error when I try to install. I did manage to install it 2 years ago on win 8, but now I am running windows 10.

http://imgur.com/8VIP52R

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: