Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required]  (Read 207931 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:39:50 AM

Hello, I'm getting this error when I try to install. I did manage to install it 2 years ago on win 8, but now I am running windows 10.

http://imgur.com/8VIP52R

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

The problem is that the installation file you use is quite old and must be updated

Instead do that:
It would be easier to install WinPython (choose 32 or 64bit depending on your computer: https://sourceforge.net/projects/winpython/files/WinPython_2.7/2.7.12.4/)
  • Go where you installed it
  • Launch "WinPython Command Prompt.exe"
  • Execute this: python -m pip install twisted ecdsa
  • Then: python C:\path\to\pywallet.py

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sachalamp

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:03:10 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 01:33:01 PM by sachalamp

Thank you for answering. I ultimately managed to get the initial version install, i have no idea how though. I scratched it and installed Winpython as you said. It installed the twisted and ecsda package, however i'm still getting an error i used to get before installing twisted and ecsda:

http://imgur.com/a/LvJqf

*ecdsa is installed, if i run python -m pip install ecdsa i get the message that "requirement already satisfied. ecdsa in ...."

tried installing crypto package from here: https://cryptography.io/en/latest/installation/

doesn't solve the problem.

tried installing pycrypto 2.6 as detailed here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycrypto

and i'm getting this error:

http://imgur.com/a/SLz9N

tried fixing the chmod error with MinGW https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/?source=typ_redirect

also tried fixing this according to this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycrypto/+bug/1084871  and this fix: https://github.com/dlitz/pycrypto/commit/68cce56d91a8b96b685d97c937a78b061afbc834

but it's not working

Basically I have no idea what i'm doing.

When i run pywallet.py nothing happens, i can't connect to localhost and i can't run even the simplest of commands like pywallet.py --version

What i need it for is to try recovering a corrupted wallet, so the only lines i'm interested in are --recover and --dumpwallet (i think).

* if i try to run the .bat file it opens cmd and then closes it, localhost can't be accessed by browser.

* tried running everything in d: instead of c: to bypass possible admin limitations, even though i'm logged as admin
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:28:32 PM

Actually you don't need twisted and ecdsa if it's just for recovery, so just go back to the state where you had the first 'error' (it's not an error actually, it just warns you that some features won't work)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sachalamp

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:28:45 PM

I'm doing something wrong because i can't get the program to run.

any command i'm launching only returns the [options] tab. Even if i run --version, it's the same deal.

i tried running

pywallet.py --recover --recovsize 30.1Gio --wallet.dat --recover.dat

pywallet.py --recover --recovsize 30.1Gio --wallet.dat --recover

pywallet.py --recover --recovsize 30.1Gio --wallet.dat --recover.txt

and switching to Mio from Gio.

I tried running the web module and my browser fails to locate localhost.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:35:55 PM

I'm sorry it's not clear enough, the recover part it's not in the web interface, it's only usable from the command line

Try this to see if it's really broken:
python pywallet.py  --info --importprivkey=5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAnchuDf

sachalamp

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

Thank you for all your help so far an sorry for wasting time with beginner mistakes, I don't know programming.

You example worked, which prompted me to correct the lines i was running to:

python pywallet.py --recover --recov_size 30.1Gio --recov_device c:\python27\wallet.dat --recov_outputdir c:\python27\recover

Which worked but found 0 possible wallets, 0 encrypted keys and 0 unencrypted keys, which I guess means I lost the btc I had there. The only thing that feels off is that the wallet.dat file is 150kb, larger than an empty wallet. I don't remember if I had used a passkey but I think pywallet would've notified me if I did.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

Yeah that's strange, did you try scanning the whole C: partition?
Where does this file come from?
(yes it would have seen the encrypted keys if you had used a passkey)

sachalamp

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

wallet.dat comes from another computer, which windows 7 or 8 at that time "refreshed" (because something went bad and it couldn't boot), which theoretically should've left everything except the system files intact.

When I saw that Bitcoin Core was reset and had started to update from scratch after the windows refresh, I used different recovery programs to find the former wallet. Which I then transferred to another computer that I am using now.

I tried scanning c: and the same thing happens http://imgur.com/a/w2wlC
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:46:35 PM

Unfortunately I'm rather sure your current wallet.dat doesn't contain any key
You can send me your wallet if you're ok with me taking a look at it as a last resort

Do you still havethe computer bitcoin was on? It may still contain parts of your wallet

Btw, no need to scan C: in your new computer according to the events
If you scan C: (if you can scan the old computer), you must use the size of C:

sachalamp

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:54:14 PM

I figured scanning c: would not do anything in this situation but did so anyway just in case.

I'm currently trying to scan the older hdd to it's full size although i assume that since it was formatted and used for storage it is very unlikely to still contain data from 2014.

In case that doesn't work, if you could look at the .dat file i'd appreciate it. Can you link me an email please?
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

There's a really tiny chance it may work but yeah don't have too high expectations  Sad

sachalamp

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:36:04 PM

I managed to finally get the old HDD so that I can run the script on it. To my surprise, after being formatted and used (so new files having been written) it found 10 keys, which is about right I guess, I had very few transactions. Sadly, after dumping them to check the balance on them in txt file using your instructions from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285947.msg3074581#msg3074581

they seem to be on 0 balance on all addresses.

So I guess that's that, even though I find it kind of strange, perhaps it recovered the new wallet Bitcoin Core created after the windows refresh?

I would like you to have a look if you want to, I can send you the initial wallet file I recovered with Icare Data Recovery back in 2014 and from which pywallet extracted 0 addresses and the new wallet created by pywallet (with 10 keys) after scanning the old hard drive. I need your email for it though, I couldn't find it.

Thank you anyway for this program and for your kind assistance so far.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:29:51 PM

Sorry to hear that
Even a new wallet has 100 keys so I'm not surprised you don't find anything on the 10 you found Sad
See PM for my email

eduncan911

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 07:30:25 PM

Hello JackJack.

I have some old wallet.dat files from early 2014 I am trying to get the PrivateKeys from - and only the private keys.  They are from Bitcoin-QT (Windows version).

All wallets have a passphrase.

I am now on OSX.

When I run pywallet.py, with the correct passphrase, I get a Segment Dump error - with no stacktrace.

Code:
$ ./pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=data/ --wallet=wallet-9.dat
# moving wallet-9.dat to its own data9/wallet.dat
$ ./pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=data9/

Both of these give the segment fault and crashes.

Also tried the web interface, same error.

NOTE: I am disconnected from the Internet when running the pywallet.py script.

Here's the version I am on:

Code:
$ git remote -v
origin  git@github.com:jackjack-jj/pywallet.git (fetch)
origin  git@github.com:jackjack-jj/pywallet.git (push)
$ git log
commit b52c955f8c93a75745166ebf281448016e1f22e2
Merge: 069ef00 7c847c1
Author: jackjack-jj <jackjack-jj@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 8 20:59:58 2014 +0200

Merge pull request #11 from gurnec/crypto-fixes

Fix wallet creation bugs related to crypto

Using virtualenv for python2.7, I installed:

Code:
$ brew info berkeley-db 
$ YES_I_HAVE_THE_RIGHT_TO_USE_THIS_BERKELEY_DB_VERSION=1 BERKELEYDB_DIR=/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db/6.2.23 pip2 install bsddb3
$ pip2 install Twisted

Code:
$ python2 -V
Python 2.7.13

$ pip2 freeze
appdirs==1.4.0
attrs==16.3.0
Automat==0.5.0
bsddb3==6.2.4
constantly==15.1.0
ecdsa==0.13
futures==3.0.5
greenlet==0.4.12
incremental==16.10.1
mccabe==0.6.1
mercurial==4.1.1
msgpack-python==0.4.8
neovim==0.1.13
packaging==16.8
pbr==2.0.0
pycodestyle==2.3.1
pydocstyle==1.1.1
pyflakes==1.5.0
pylama==7.3.3
pyparsing==2.1.10
six==1.10.0
stevedore==1.21.0
trollius==2.1
Twisted==17.1.0
virtualenv==15.1.0
virtualenv-clone==0.2.6
virtualenvwrapper==4.7.2
zope.interface==4.3.3

Not sure how to move forward from here.

I can open the wallet.dat files, all of them, with an old Bitcoin-QT wallet I have on a disconnected-from-the-net Windows Virtual Machine.  So, I know the wallet.dat files are valid.

Thanks!

BTC: 131Zt92zoA7XUfkLhm1p2FwSP3tAxE43vf
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:00:56 PM

Can't you just dump the private key from the QT wallet?

eduncan911

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 11:56:45 PM

Too many public keys...  each requires the dumpprivkey entry. 

Would rather script it using this tool across my many wallet.dat files.

BTC: 131Zt92zoA7XUfkLhm1p2FwSP3tAxE43vf
Sammo619

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:43:59 PM

Hi..... HELP.
I have a corrupted, unrecoverable wallet.dat file.

I can't get any of this working.

Now at the
Instead do that:
It would be easier to install WinPython (choose 32 or 64bit depending on your computer: https://sourceforge.net/projects/winpython/files/WinPython_2.7/2.7.12.4/)
Go where you installed it
Launch "WinPython Command Prompt.exe"
Execute this: python -m pip install twisted ecdsa
Then: python C:\path\to\pywallet.py
Stage.

and I get this:

File "pywallet.py", line 852
    _p = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFC2FL
                                                                           ^

I doubt I can get my wallet back as its been overwritten, but undelete software can still locate the old file, but recovery of it leaves a corrupt file.

This seems my only slim chance but I have no idea what I am doing.
PLEASE HELP
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 06:49:11 PM

Too many public keys...  each requires the dumpprivkey entry. 

Would rather script it using this tool across my many wallet.dat files.

You can dump all priv keys from a wallet.dat using

Code:
dumpwallet "filename"

Dumps all wallet keys in a human-readable format.

Arguments:
1. "filename"    (string, required) The filename

Examples:
> bitcoin-cli dumpwallet "test"
> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "dumpwallet", "params": ["test"] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:8332/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:48:36 AM

Hello JackJack.

I have some old wallet.dat files from early 2014 I am trying to get the PrivateKeys from - and only the private keys.  They are from Bitcoin-QT (Windows version).

All wallets have a passphrase.

I am now on OSX.

When I run pywallet.py, with the correct passphrase, I get a Segment Dump error - with no stacktrace.

Code:
$ ./pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=data/ --wallet=wallet-9.dat
# moving wallet-9.dat to its own data9/wallet.dat
$ ./pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=data9/

Both of these give the segment fault and crashes.

Also tried the web interface, same error.

NOTE: I am disconnected from the Internet when running the pywallet.py script.

Here's the version I am on:

Code:
$ git remote -v
origin  git@github.com:jackjack-jj/pywallet.git (fetch)
origin  git@github.com:jackjack-jj/pywallet.git (push)
$ git log
commit b52c955f8c93a75745166ebf281448016e1f22e2
Merge: 069ef00 7c847c1
Author: jackjack-jj <jackjack-jj@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 8 20:59:58 2014 +0200

Merge pull request #11 from gurnec/crypto-fixes

Fix wallet creation bugs related to crypto

Using virtualenv for python2.7, I installed:

Not sure how to move forward from here.

I can open the wallet.dat files, all of them, with an old Bitcoin-QT wallet I have on a disconnected-from-the-net Windows Virtual Machine.  So, I know the wallet.dat files are valid.

Thanks!
Sadly I don't know OSX, I'll check where this error can come from
In the mean time you should try the method of shorena (the dumpwallet command)
By the way, how big is the wallet?

Hi..... HELP.
I have a corrupted, unrecoverable wallet.dat file.

I can't get any of this working.

Now at the
Instead do that:
Go where you installed it
Launch "WinPython Command Prompt.exe"
Execute this: python -m pip install twisted ecdsa
Then: python C:\path\to\pywallet.py
Stage.

and I get this:

File "pywallet.py", line 852
    _p = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFC2FL
                                                                           ^

I doubt I can get my wallet back as its been overwritten, but undelete software can still locate the old file, but recovery of it leaves a corrupt file.

This seems my only slim chance but I have no idea what I am doing.
PLEASE HELP

Please provide the complete error message

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:44:18 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 06:28:09 PM by edgar

hi jack,

PM'd you yesterday but i imagine your inbox is overflowing with 'please help'

ive a ppc wallet i managed to partially recover with some help, but i never used a password/phrase so no idea why i have encrypted privkeys..

},
        {
            "addr": "PUYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxczt",
            "compressed": true,
            "encrypted_privkey": "64949033adc7ca15de0cefac43a196a21dd410adab8b91271c45dbf722e7d644e00165ca488d920 97ff4fe6cd2083972",
            "pubkey": "021b66d33c146e9ea7d390b581d934bd5699c113c36f355dc0e90ec27a408433e0",
            "reserve": 1
        },

can you please advise? ive spent ages trying to sort this

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: