Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 02:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubbles a good thing?  (Read 402 times)
sergio-faucetbitcoin

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 11:06:56 AM

I think it can have good and bad sides. Bubbles are attracts lots of new users and investors, and that's maybe the only times the mainstream medias talk about Bitcoin. But bubbles like that can also scare serious investors.

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:41:21 AM

So we hear bitcoin is a bubble over and over. I was reading a book regarding bubbles and his take on them were fascinating. His argument was that the biggest leaps in innovation come through the speculation, exuberance and floods of money that bubbles produce.

Once popped we are left with cheap infrastructure that can be snapped at a huge discount with companies with the same goal. Because the costs are so much cheaper it makes it was easier to operate long term.

We are also left with what he calls infrastructure of the mind. With all the hype and competition we see during bubbles the levels of marketing and advertising we see leave an imprint in the average consumers mind and this mental infrastructure doesn't disappear when the bubble bursts and once the pieces are picked up this is when you see the true valuable businesses appear out of the ashes!

Does this argument have any value in your opinion?
It is a very different point of view on bubbles and quite interesting though!

But I still don't find bubbles this fascinating! Tongue

The point of mental infrastructure is quite good. This is so true in fact and I have experienced it too, that is why I can relate to it pretty well!
bellakrstna

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:02:31 PM

bubble is not a good thing. the later peoples who join bitcoin will be on disadvantage because it will burst.
bitcoin is not a bubble. peoples who new to join bitcoin will be gain earnings later.
balu06

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:48:20 PM

Well, bubble is a good thing for trader. Easy cycle of money which can benefit them greatly. But it is also a disadvantage for holder which wait for the price to increase in a long run.
meqnurgn

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:57:00 PM

It depends on which angle you explain, usually bubbles are bad, because it will cause everyone to lose money and sometimes lose a lot of money. But from the development of the community, it is also beneficial to analyze bubbles. It is true that bubbles can cause more concern and investment.
Daisy Smith

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:04:42 PM

Actually I think Bitcoin is quite similar to a bubble, it can pop anytime without any prediction. However, if we know the way it run, we can earn a lot of money. Sometimes, bubbles can be a good thing.
Hairpin

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:50:05 AM

Depends on your perspective. Bubbles bring attention and investors to an idea that would otherwise not have seen the light of day. It will certainly make room to breed innovation and champion progress. They can also provide lots of opportunity for profit (for those who like to take risks). For some, bubbles create doubt and insecurity. This proves that no one has a crystal ball and can predict how the markets perform.
sate_padang

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

Yes it is true and I think your argument has a very good value, because I also feel that bubbles are very good for bitcoin trading, because we can sell at the peak of the bubble and we get a lot of profits and buy back when the price goes down as it is today .
Sensus.Network

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:06:31 AM

Bubbles are a good thing if you are on the right side of it .
Kethek

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:17:20 AM

indeed bubbles are good but you have to be careful not to fall asleep with bigger bubbles, because once the bubbles are too big the bubbles will break, and will make new bubbles again, that's the price of crypto
blacksnapper94

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

bubble? I do not think it's good enough because the bubble was initially fun because it could have gained more and more profits but could have a very bad effect of eliminating all the assets we had, when the bubble burst, and it was not fair.
standley940

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:32:11 PM

That bubble is a good thing if you can use it to get more out of your profits. if bitcoin decreases, just buy more coins and sell if you want to get a lot of profit.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:34:51 PM

That bubble is a good thing if you can use it to get more out of your profits. if bitcoin decreases, just buy more coins and sell if you want to get a lot of profit.

Do you even know what does that bubble means? I don't think that the "bubble" you are saying is the bubble that we are talking about here since you are like using bubble as a word synonym to dump which is not right. Bitcoin is not a bubble, though it is a digital currency that is so volatile and that is being taken advantage of those people who invested on it.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

Once a bubble burst the price will surely be deflated and that is not a good thing if you've invested large capital in that coin or asset and you are still holding that particular cryptocurrency large portion of your valued capital will lose, the only good thing I see is that when it burst price will surely decrease rapidly making its price cheap and affordable in short you can accumulate tons of it and wait the recovery to happen.
marlo1001

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:46:16 AM

We can tell that bitcoin is a bubble over and over, but while there are still people who made their dreams come true, it is worthy!

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:55:34 AM

So we hear bitcoin is a bubble over and over. I was reading a book regarding bubbles and his take on them were fascinating. His argument was that the biggest leaps in innovation come through the speculation, exuberance and floods of money that bubbles produce.

Once popped we are left with cheap infrastructure that can be snapped at a huge discount with companies with the same goal. Because the costs are so much cheaper it makes it was easier to operate long term.

We are also left with what he calls infrastructure of the mind. With all the hype and competition we see during bubbles the levels of marketing and advertising we see leave an imprint in the average consumers mind and this mental infrastructure doesn't disappear when the bubble bursts and once the pieces are picked up this is when you see the true valuable businesses appear out of the ashes!

Does this argument have any value in your opinion?

I think Bubble is a good thing. it allows you to buy it cheap then when bitcoin grows the value of your money is multiplied. It also good for day trading, they can gain profit from bubble.
coinriver

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:27:45 AM

Where there is a bubble, there is a huge gain.
EzzNju

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:34:48 AM

Most definately bitcoin was a bubble,up to now av never understood how bitcoin derives its value,and I also believe that's y bitcoin is highly volatile and unpredictable,soon you start to hear people commiting suicide after losing so much..lucky are those who made there money..
franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:53:26 PM

in another new, real estate is long time being considered as bubble, too. and you see for now? it's had a stable place in the market, same to bitcoin.

For me bubble bitcoin is good because we can buy in a low price and and we can gain a money if the price will goes up again the price so investors waiting that time because buying bitcoin and hold it in longtetm way and i heard many times many investors become rich because of bitcoin.
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:02:57 PM

I think that bubbles are neutral, it can be a good thing and a bad thing also, I mean if the price goes cheaper then people can take advantage of it since the price is cheaper you can easily buy bitcoins, then if the bubble continually rises then I think people can take advantage of it once again since the price is going higher so as your holdings rise also, so I really think for some people it is good and for some people it is a bad thing.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███