Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Myetherwallet  (Read 1099 times)
ayi nora

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

Blue0x.com

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:25:17 PM

I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.
Please what are the best alternatives to securing tokens while storing them.
I want advice on the best alternatives to Myetherwallet
I have a suggestion, you use metamask if you ask for a better platform than myetherwallet, it is very accurate and trustworthy, I use metamask from the first until now.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:36:28 PM

I am using metamask extension,it blocks phishing sites in your browser,encrypts your private keys in your wallet when you are using dex or decentralized exchanges such as etherdelta and fork delta,this is the best wallet as of now as mew wallet has some issues from the past few days,DNS servers was hacked and it isnt a good thing for the users,as the trust were lost already.

marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.

Your coins are stored in the Blockchain Sir. The wallet only contains keys which you use to access your coins on the Blockchain. Try using imtoken or MetaMask or get hardware wallets to be safer... MEW is just a way to access your coins on the Blockchain

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:43:41 PM

We do not secure anyone online. The security we take, the safest we have if hackers wish they could take our information. Spend time in vain to find out alternatives.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:46:26 PM

I prefer using metamask extension,you can easily create wallets using this extension,it is acting as a browser protection as the same time it encrypts your private keys using the mask,you wont need to put your private keys manually when you are using decentralized exchanges which is why it is much safer than any other wallet,you can also import your existing mew wallet to your metamask.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:51:42 PM

I like a lot Eidoo, it's a smartphone wallet but you can also join ICOs through it and there is an exchange incoming. Other good apps are Cypher Browser or imToken.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:22:29 PM

I prefer using metamask extension,you can easily create wallets using this extension,it is acting as a browser protection as the same time it encrypts your private keys using the mask,you wont need to put your private keys manually when you are using decentralized exchanges which is why it is much safer than any other wallet,you can also import your existing mew wallet to your metamask.
+1 for metamask extension,it is the perfect wallet alternative for myetherwallet,metamask can also be used together with mew,or in a hardwallet like ledger nano s or trezor which is why it is recommended to use this extension as it is an added protection to your wallet,can act as phishing blocking extension and at the same time,a wallet for erc20 tokens and ethereum.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

Yeah that DNS hack was really unfortunate. You have many options though as to how to make your tokens more secure like using hardware wallet and accessing your MEW thru Metamask. I heard Blue Wallet is also good, you may check that one out too.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:52:48 PM

Do use hardwallets if you dont find mew wallet as a secure wallet of your tokens and eth,that is the only place to hide or store your coins with fully secured features,it isnt costly as you think i prefer ledger nano s i have been using this hardwallet for years that is why im sure that this is secured asf.Most importantly use metamask extension to protect your private keys from phishing sites.

Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:20:30 PM

People described here all possible and various ways to make the storage of coins safer.
But you have to understand that hackers can find ways to steal anything. Keep your investments in different wallets.
In my opinion this is the only way to maximally secure at least a portion of the cryptocurrency.
jack hand

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:21:41 PM

One online wallet similar to MyEtherWallet is metamask which is quite good also just set a powerful password so that you wont be easily hacked. But still i trust mew other than the others.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:14:20 PM

Well, I use Metamask and I can tell you that it is much, MUCH better. Also, it seems safer, because you don't have to enter your private key anywhere, just click a button to log in with Metamask, seems much safer and transactions are much easier.

Hardware wallet is the safest option, it costs $100 or so, but it is worth its price, especially if you own a solid amount of coins. Personally I use Trezor, but Ledger nano is also nice.
feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:22:06 PM

Well, I use Metamask and I can tell you that it is much, MUCH better. Also, it seems safer, because you don't have to enter your private key anywhere, just click a button to log in with Metamask, seems much safer and transactions are much easier.

Hardware wallet is the safest option, it costs $100 or so, but it is worth its price, especially if you own a solid amount of coins. Personally I use Trezor, but Ledger nano is also nice.
MyEtherWallet is different from other traditional web wallets.It is an open-source wallet, with no third-party servers, where you can write and access smart contracts. It has an inbuilt BTC to ETH (and vice-versa) swap facility. You can also connect your Trezor or Ledger Nano S to access your funds in MyEther’s browser environment.
$Darkloard$

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:00:22 PM

Many mistakenly believe that the purses of the Etherium store ether or tokens. In fact, ether and tokens are stored in the locker, and the purse of the Etherium is just a bunch of keys, this application that serves as the main user interface. Alternative Metamask and hardware wallets Ledger and TREZOR.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 07:07:40 PM

To be completely safe just buy yourself a hardware wallet such as ledger nano s or trezor than depend on online wallets like myetherwallet.The point is that there are unscrupulous people who spend endless hours a day trying to find vulnerabilities in such online wallets and so you are never really safe from such people.So just get a hardware wallet and you can sleep in peace when the internet is even burning

vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:14:08 PM

You can download app mycrypto or use their online wallet.Its almost the same like myetherwallet .i think the team split into two because there so many new users
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:22:21 PM

Metamask is definitely the second best option. It is easy to use and token follow. It even allows you to buy Ethereum by credit card. There are extra features like tracking multiple wallets on the same account. It is very useful to be able to set the GAS limit while buying, buying, transferring, receiving and sending to Ethereum. Although I have security issues from time to time, I think it's easy to use.

Actually, the Eidoo wallet is also very handy, but I have read in a few places and heard that every token does not come in Edioo wallet. For this reason I have never used it. But the number of people who use it increases day by day.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:58:44 PM

MyEtherWallet is different from other traditional web wallets.It is an open-source wallet, with no third-party servers, where you can write and access smart contracts. It has an inbuilt BTC to ETH (and vice-versa) swap facility. You can also connect your Trezor or Ledger Nano S to access your funds in MyEther’s browser environment.
This is what most people dont know about MEW compared to other traditional online wallets which it is open source and thats the goodness of using this wallet.You can able to make transfer into hardware wallets too with ease.There are alternative like metamask but im still using MEW eversince the only thing you should really worry about is on to input safe your keys which you should really be aware on the safest possible steps not for someone to get you seed or key.Once exposed then expect it would really compromise that one.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:28:22 PM

For online wallets, imtoken and Metamask remains the best. But if you are a big trader or plan to hold tokens for long. Get a cold wallet, Trezor or ledger will do

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:09:15 PM

myetherwallet is particularly vulnerable to hacker attacks if it is not careful to secure private keys and even randomly assigns private keys to other people the possibility of a token owned can be easily stolen by someone. besides myetherwallet I usually use coinomi available in playstore to store my tokens, maybe it could be an alternative means.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: