Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:33:12 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Actually, we want to spend a huge amount of money for our priorities but since there are a lot of things that we want to purchase for our own endeavor then we tend to use some of our income for things that are unnecessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:40:39 PM

Yes, I am familiar with this scenario, but the thing that always sync in my mind is my dreams. Whenever I think of it, i won't buy any unnecessary or unimportant things that may block those things that I must to buy. I will just focus for the things that can help my future.

I think most of the time no matter how I tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things every time I see something I really like even if I do not need it I can not resist buying it that makes me regret it later . Are you familiar with this situation?
I do not know if it's just me or someone else who also experienced it. I always set financial goals, set spending limits and strive to save
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:14:23 PM

If I see the situation I think you need someone who can help you to control your self and someone who can remind you not to spend money on something that is not important because spend much money for something that you don't need is really not good for your financial stability set aside at least 20% of your income for savings or you can use 20% of your income for investing on crypto.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:10:15 PM

Yes. I always spend money for those unnecessary things and forgot about the important things i need the most. i always set goals of my expenses for the day and end up ignoring it. I cannot control myself to spend on things that i want and not on my needs.
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:10:51 PM

I mainly just assume money I'm investing is already gone and not available to be used on other meaningless things.  If you do that from the start it's hard to look at wasteful purchases as anything but a waste.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:30:19 PM

It is sometimes important to allow yourself to spend a little money on unnecessary things. This is a good way to feel better. But of course if you do not have a lot of money then you need to spend them responsible and prudent. For example, do not go to the store without a clear list of necessary purchases. It is also important to maintain a list of all costs.
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:39:38 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
You're really wise when it comes in handling money but always make sure that you're happy because sometimes we need to give time to ourselves and make ourselves happy. You know what when I'm not yet in bitcoin I don't have any money to buy the things I want but since I entered it I buy now the things I want but I have limitations in spending my money.

Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:47:23 PM

I maintain a very tight budget and put my excess money locked away to prevent spending it.
I think its an internal thing. You have to either really love accumulating money,or really hate spending it- to have a natural affinity for not wasting money. I am an extremely frugal person, bu when I try to teach others irl, they end up reverting because they never really wanted to save the money more than they wanted to buy random waste.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:10:30 PM

Always try to think of your goal every time you are spending a huge amount of money if you really need that thing, we all have goal in our life and in order to reach that achievement then we need to sacrifice some things in our life.
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:33:30 PM

you can try to write every spending down in a letter or notebook and keep your data, so when you look at the things you have bought and analyze them you can prevent them from buying in the future.
bib24

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:14:43 PM

It’s so tempting to shop and find something you like even we really don’t need, especially if you can afford to buy. It always happens to me every time I went out, it so hard but I manage to resist. I kept on reminding myself that I need to spend my money wisely since I already experience hardship in life. 

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:17:04 PM

sometimes we also need entertainment even if the stuff is not too useful there is no harm in buying it once.
but if you do not want to rely on this situation you must continually apply money management, where you should consistently apply spending, saving and income.
just remember this sentence for the beginning: spend what's left after saving. Grin
Omnipotent1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:19:30 PM

I'm familiar with the situation, but not just with spending. It's a matter of focus, and what I do is free association to distract myself. If I want a cheeseburger, I'll start saying everything that comes to my mind, until finally I've forgotten about cheeseburger.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:27:19 PM

I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
You are saying that you are an shopaholic, just consider meeting a Psychologist and asking for their help is the best solution to get rid of that compulsive habit. I am not familiar with this situation simply because i am not a shopaholic. Tongue I do not set limits and regret for my spending's, i just like to balance things out rather than just planning.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:44:03 PM

You are not the one feel that but if you are responsible to yourself you can avoid the spending like that.  If you manage well what you have your life will be good. Dont spend to the things that your not need much better save it in the bank than to spend it or if you invest it to crypto so it will grow. The only thing need of people is be responsible to anything especially to your decisions.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:56:12 AM

I save my money and not look at them all the time and I am raised by my parents with a self discipline in me so whenever I see some thing some luxurious things to buy I controlled my emotion in buuing those. I think about what will happen if I buy that, if I can really benefit in that maybe it will just waste my money. But whenever I really need it I buy it. But I always limit myself so if you can do that just save you money into you wallet and do not look at it until you forget you have money so you will not spend it.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:06:20 AM

It is a matter of habit only. If it's already become a habit so it is very difficult to be eliminated. Maybe just by changing the perception of the road only, and it will not be easy.

I agree with you. in my case, in order for me not to spend my money in unimportant things is that I will prioritize the things I must buy every salary day so I cannot spend it to unimportant things. If I have money left, I usually just save it in my coin bank or sometimes in my separate purse.
If something was really unimportant, no one would spend even a penny on it. I think, even such a thought wont cross his mind. Why would anyone buy something that has no importance at all? The point is being a human we have desires and temptations. But first we need to fill our basic needs for surviving in this world. These should be given priority and fulfilled first. Then comes saving.
Bastok

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:22:00 AM

I have a few simple things that I do, firstly whenever I decide I want to buy something I always wait a period of time after that initial decision, let's say 2 weeks, if after 2 weeks I still want it then I ask myself why I really need it and if it will improve my life, if the answer is yes then I'll buy it.

We had similar way of deciding to buy a things. Only that i dont wait for two weeks. It only took me  30 mins or an hour to decide to buy . First , i have to think on how important should i buy a particular stuff. Second, have to identify if it is a need or just want. Lastly, if it is worth it to spend a money for a particular thing and my budget is enough to spend it.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

That's because of over excitement guys specially the user of bitcoin would be cash out a big amount for the first time. So they don't think in the future because they felt that Bitcoin can provide every time they want to spend.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:55:06 AM

I used to like it too but after I try this way I'm far from hungry eyes
1. if you want to spend whether it's to market, mole or other market before I go always make a list first, take notes of things that need it and bring enough money
2. open the website shop on line only if it really needs
3.mencatat requirement per every wisdom skalian budgeted funds for expenditure controlled
good luck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: