Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:21:12 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

I already exprience this several times, while if you have more money left in your wallet or in your atm account you will buy anything you wanted to buy even though not needed to you, but when your wallet is in trouble or in few amount of money left this is the time that you can think that you are not a wise spender and you will regret it and sell it to your friends a thing that is not needed to you in lower price.
There is a difference between needs and wants. Buying things that you don’t need means those were that you wanted to have and whenever there is enough money in the account, it is hard to resist oneself from enjoying such stuff. If you ask me, this is actually good because our lives should involve an element of fun too. Make it worth living. But before that, do savings and it is a must.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:28:20 PM

If you are in for a long term plan/investment like bitcoin or ethereum, then spending your crypto assets could never be so easy. And yet, as a challenge, you can invest in crypto now and then locked it for several years before you open it back.

pernah ada

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:56:56 PM

for me how to distance myself from things that are not important, we must be able to control our ambitions and always remember about the future of the family.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:09:24 PM

this is similar such as me that when i saw unimportant things then sometimes i was tempting to buy even though those things is unnecesarry but indeed to managing expenditure and income we have to dicipline to ourself because we can't achieve our goals if we don't have dicipline to do so  
Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:16:20 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
I can't deny myself that same feeling and to resist it is hard specially when there is a peer pressure. What I usually do when I am struggling in this situation i remember my goals, my priorities, and the others who do not have an opportunity than me that struggling their lives to survive. From this very moment I realized onece again how to focus on what things that are really important than spending to something that helps nothing.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

This happens with many people, but not everyone can afford, what he likes. So you need to rejoice that you, including those who can make money for any whim  Wink

cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:18:24 PM

Almost all of people are experienced this kind of situation specially  the thing we spotted most likely used for celebrity of course we got it right? But eventualy they realized that sometimes all things they got are not necessarily important.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

To keep myself from spending on unimportant things i always think the consequences after i buy it because sometimes it is very hard to spend or buy unimportant things especially if all of your friends had that thing, so you could not deny it. It's better to think multiple times before you buy it and have a self control.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1488
Merit: 320

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 04:30:11 PM

I can't deny myself that same feeling and to resist it is hard specially when there is a peer pressure. What I usually do when I am struggling in this situation i remember my goals, my priorities, and the others who do not have an opportunity than me that struggling their lives to survive. From this very moment I realized onece again how to focus on what things that are really important than spending to something that helps nothing.

You must always know and be aware of your financial situation. Have a list of priorities and write them on paper.

And always plan to buy something in advance.

It is probably good idea to carry just enough money for things you planed, so it would be impossible to buy more then you expected.

Sier86

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

X-Block.io

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

i was familiar with this situation , now im good with this, i think  you just need to wait 1-2 days before buying and then get back to this, if you still think you need it then buy

X-Block.io
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:39:22 PM

It helps not to have an ATM card, debit or credit card. If cash/credit is easily obtainable it will probably cause someone to spend more.

Internet shopping is easy, convenient and often supports free shipping which can make saving difficult.

How a person spends their time is probably the biggest factor. If friends always go out and spend money that makes things tough. This might sound unnatural but finding things to do that doesn't involve spending cash could be one of the easiest ways to save. When I was around 18 I managed to save about $10,000. I didn't have any real financial goals and made no real effort to save. I hung out at a skatepark almost everyday for maybe a few years & didn't spend much on things which normally deplete someone's savings.

I guess for those with saving goals what might work best is finding things they enjoy to occupy their time where they don't spend much?
I love the idea you’ve given dude. Thanks. But i think it is not just going out that temos us to buy, most of the time it is the internet advertisements and the catalogs too. But you are right one has to be disciplined enough. It is also most of the time seeing from celebrities what is treding and wanting to have the same.

syntaxerror2019

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:54:41 PM

In order to keep myself from spending on unimportant things, I make sure to have a list of what are my priorities first. First in the list are the basic needs to live like food, clothing, shelter and anything within it. I also remind myself to save money if I have extra ones than spending things to unimportant things. But then, there are cheat days, sometimes I just spoil mysef and buy anything that’ll make me happy.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 6751

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:05:45 PM

My suggestion is don't even go to the websites. Never go browsing through a retailer, or some kind of online store.
I'm not a huge spender on my "wants", but I find this to be excellent advice.  It's a given that when I start browsing eBay, I'm going to end up spending money on something--and it's 90% of the time something I really don't need.  So I do my best not to pull up the eBay app just to look at nice things that I'd like to own.

One of the best things I've ever done is to give up owning an automobile.  I did that about four years ago and I've never regretted it.  I've saved so much money by doing this, and I've gotten some damn good exercise in the process.  The money I've saved means more money to invest in stocks and bitcoin, which is usually what I do with it.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:29:13 PM

It helps not to have an ATM card, debit or credit card. If cash/credit is easily obtainable it will probably cause someone to spend more.

Internet shopping is easy, convenient and often supports free shipping which can make saving difficult.

How a person spends their time is probably the biggest factor. If friends always go out and spend money that makes things tough. This might sound unnatural but finding things to do that doesn't involve spending cash could be one of the easiest ways to save. When I was around 18 I managed to save about $10,000. I didn't have any real financial goals and made no real effort to save. I hung out at a skatepark almost everyday for maybe a few years & didn't spend much on things which normally deplete someone's savings.

I guess for those with saving goals what might work best is finding things they enjoy to occupy their time where they don't spend much?
I love the idea you’ve given dude. Thanks. But i think it is not just going out that temos us to buy, most of the time it is the internet advertisements and the catalogs too. But you are right one has to be disciplined enough. It is also most of the time seeing from celebrities what is treding and wanting to have the same.
Yes, I agree that credit card is a main factors that makes a person tempted to spend more like if he/she is on the department store, so it is good to avoid credit card and think that buying unnecessary things is not a practical way of living, but I understand that every people have different concept about the importance of things and they have different weigh for them, therefore we are all different in terms of spending for the things that we believe its important.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:31:04 PM

For me it's really easy. I don't need many things. I've been raised in a rather poor family for the standards. My parents had enough to live by and raise me, a car a summer house, but we never travelled a lot, didn't have new electronics or appliances, only the necessary clothes, nothing extravagant. I was taught to save up and learned to never live on credit and spend only my own money. I've learned to sell old stuff on auctions and never hoard things that I don't use. If something lies covered in dust it means that you aren't using it and don't need it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:22:13 PM

What you describe is not for the faint at heart. You're talking about self control, self discipline. It is hard to put away money for investing. Especially if you live paycheck ro paycheck. It will take resilience and a very strong willpower to resist the temptation.
It's almost as if the money is talking, saying "hey, let's go shopping"!

Reatim

Activity: 2772
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

What you describe is not for the faint at heart. You're talking about self control, self discipline. It is hard to put away money for investing. Especially if you live paycheck ro paycheck. It will take resilience and a very strong willpower to resist the temptation.
It's almost as if the money is talking, saying "hey, let's go shopping"!

I agree. This is a very tricky questions because we all know that its human nature to buy new things. Not only that what if your children goes to you and ask if you can bought something for him/her? Will you say no to your kids? I doubt it.

Its gonna be mentally tough and you really need a lot of self discipline. Maybe if you will just write down first those things that you need to settle and prioritize before you can "indulge" on buying for yourself or for your family.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
genocide

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:40:38 PM

Well, I manage my money by budgeting my expenses and have the allocated amount for each type of expense. I usually spend for the things I needed rather than the things I wanted. My mother teached me a lot with regards to budgeting for my future so that when time comes that I have my own family, it is very easy for me to budget everything, even my time.
imapd

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

cave canem!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:43:45 PM

Just remembering all the useful things and all the important things I can buy instead of this. So it helps a lot to set your money in a place you want.

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:45:42 PM

I have a different case, tho' I can't resist myself from buying these things, but I only buy what makes me fully, or happy, and I think I don't regret that at all. Economically, it is not good to buy these units, but you need to reward yourself and buy things that makes your heart hurt so good. I don't have a memory that I regret buying that thing. I think it's a habit, if you are buying things that you will regret later then you are buying things that is unimportant to you and that is really bad mentally, you will just empty your pockets and then frown at the same time. You must use your $$ on needs or on the things that can make your day complete.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: