Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:52:26 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Spending to much for the unimportant things is the one of the reason.. You to become a poor and bankrupt as well. To keep ourselves not to spend to much for those unimportant things is a way you to become a rich one. You should have to set limitations for buying the unimportant and the important things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:04:35 AM

Same thing happens to me everytime I have my money and whenever I go to malls. After buying unnecessary things, I also regret. But now I am trying to alot my money on my necessities. I try to distribute and allocate my money to fit my budget. And if theres an extra, thats the time I used it for my me time.
Planning what we would like to expense for and not on unimportant things to buy. Now, its difficult to earn good moneys so for us to be secured in neae future much better to save and invest on bitcoin so that we can get good lifestyle.
One of the best thing which can help you from staying away from spending the extra money is to open another account in the bank and put all the extra amount into that account.

Keep only that much of money with yourself which can help you in meeting all your needs and nothing extra. Do not make even a single transaction from that saving account and that will help you in avoiding extra money on useless things.
Tagabukid69

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:59:17 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
My ultimate goal is to save and support my family,
Spending money to waste would be the biggest challenge since i am materialistic, but for the sake of my family, I personally sacrifice myself, just to escape from spending unnecessary things,
I used to make a list for my daily expenses, all my hard earnings, 40% will go to savings. I consider discipline and commitment is very important for my success.

OTPPAY.IO   ▅  OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS  ▅   OTPPAY.IO
PRIVATE SALE IS ON. LIMITED UPTO 35M TOKENS WITH 100% BONUS.
rysheeer

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:27:11 PM

I don't usually buy things that are not relevant to my life because I really prioritize my needs but if I have enough money to buy my wants, then why should I stop myself from buying it? But if my money is enough for my needs, my way to keep spending things that aren't important is to tell myself that I can always find it whenever I have money to buy it.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:23:01 PM

I'm very familiar with this situation. I don't have control to myself when I see items that are % on sale. But good thing I was able to overcome this habit by thinking that I have to fight against this type of mentality as I grow older when I see my savings I got not that much and that makes me want to save more and starts to ignore those things that I really like but it's not that important. Right now, I'm only buying things that I need and of course bills come first.
Apparently, most of us have been there one way or the other and it would only take some level of control of our finances to be able to shed off those things that are unimportant from our lists.

Firstly, I have emphasized this before in other threads, a lot of people do not know how powerful a budget can be, it takes a lot trying to draw up a budget and eliminating some things just to catch up, but with budget and sticking to it, you will always find yourself do things in a proper and easy way and you will think you are even richer than you are.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
aboveboard

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:29:28 PM

In my work as a consumer psychologist and author, I’ve read countless studies about consumer behavior, and I’ve conducted plenty of research on my own, interviewing hundreds of shoppers about how, when, and why they shop. Here’s what I’ve learned about how to avoid piling up too much stuff and how to stop making unnecessary, excessive, and ultimately unsatisfying purchases.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:14:28 PM

People have to budget and leave within their means.There are some people who will like to buy everything that they see around in the market,supermarket etc.Am not being gender bias here but the truth is that ladies buy unimportant  things than men.So if your lady likes buying a lot then you have to romantically hold her hand as you walk around whenever you out or to the supermarket.It will look romantic but in reality you are saving your wallet a lot of money.

Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:19:05 PM

Before going to malls and before buying things I keep on asking myself if are these things really important or are these what we need most? Some people often buy stuff because of the craving contact or just to relief from boredom that make them regret later. We should buy things for the right reason.
shiki3226

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:28:00 PM

Being able to distinguish your wants from your needs is one good skill that we can learn to be more effective and wise in spending our money.

i_iz_vins

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:26:30 AM

Since I am just a student, my parents give me daily allowance. To prevent myself to buy things that I want, I leave part of my allowance to our home and only bring an amount that I need. I usually bring money for transportation fare, food, and extra money.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:44:03 AM

In this case the attitude of discipline is very important to be able to control themselves from waste, where we think twice when will use our money, for example when we will buy an item, then we will think how important the goods we will buy it, well if the goods not so important we will not automatically buy the item. one of the ways I'm doing.
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:00:44 PM

Its hard to control ourselves when temptation comes. So we need to be satisfied on what we have. So that we don't need to buy things that we don't really need.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:08:16 PM

It is enough to buy only those things which are really necessary. And those benefit from which can be received further.

I usually have a budget and stick to it. My monthly earnings are being divided according to what is necessary to buy. Whenever there is an extra money due to extra income or work overtime i use this to buy at least some things i love or for my children. Everything should be think twice before spending becs. it is not easy to acquire money.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:13:13 PM

I feel you bro, I also feel the same way. I sometimes forget my priorities because I'm tempted to buy things that suddenly attract my interest. Like this time, I'm now tempted and going to buy a new shirt, shoes and cap for my OJT deployment this upcoming 3rd week of this month. Though that is not necesaary at all since I already have lots of shirts and shoes, I still can't resist to do so.

This behavior of mine started right after my first btc wthdrawal because I feel that I'm now more financially secured; the fact that I can now earn some good money by my own compare before that I'm just a teenager who depends on my mom's pension.

But anyway, I think overspending is still okay as long as it came from your savings and not from your budget. You should know your limitations at the same time.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:25:42 PM

It is enough to buy only those things which are really necessary. And those benefit from which can be received further.

I usually have a budget and stick to it. My monthly earnings are being divided according to what is necessary to buy. Whenever there is an extra money due to extra income or work overtime i use this to buy at least some things i love or for my children. Everything should be think twice before spending becs. it is not easy to acquire money.
Learn to share. I’m not talking about the explosion of “sharing economy” businesses that facilitate things like car-sharing and bike-sharing. I’m talking about the old-fashioned DIY method of buying something with a friend or neighbor and owning it jointly.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:27:35 PM

Its hard to control ourselves when temptation comes. So we need to be satisfied on what we have. So that we don't need to buy things that we don't really need.
Most of the time we spend our money on things that we really don’t need and later we go on to regret it a lot. It’s only those who are matured financially in the art of managing their money wisely are those who are able to overcome such temptations and not down their money on frivolous things.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:30:56 PM

You can always look at your self and think of something that you really want to achieve in order to think if purchasing unnecessary things will really make you improve even more in life.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:35:29 PM

The only thing that you probably can't refrain yourself from spending on are the basic necessities like food, house upkeep and the likes but when it starts tending towards frivolities and excesses that's when you need the real control. I did say that not having enough money too can help you from spending  on unimportant things; so do put a cap to the earnings/cash you make available to yourself thereby creating the illusion of being broke to yourself.
Amajaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 02:07:02 PM

Just buy it when i have extra money i keep prioritizing our neccessity than my wants.. I keep telling myself that the money i spend with unimportant things can buy our 1week food or can pay our bills..  I just treat myself when i know i provided all our needs for the whole month and get extra.. But oftentimes i save it rather than spend it..  Well we're different people here but it is important to set the needs over wants..
Nylesor

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:24:41 PM

Yes i also experience, actually most of the times, spending on unimportant things which affect my budget. I am an impulsive buyer so i also but even things that are not actually needed. And for me to avoid that habit, i refrain from going to malls or looking on online shop to avoid getting tempted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: