Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:10:32 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
For males it is not hard to restrict themselves to spend money on unimportant things as they earn that money and they know how hard is to earn money while most women cannot restrict themselves to buy unimportant things. They spend most of the money on those things which they do not need. They are often housewives and do not know the importance of money, while many working women also do not spend on unimportant things.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dcif80

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:11:39 AM

I am try to ignore or step a way from things
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:56:36 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
Yes, it happens to me also and to most people. I think the reason why this happens is because we are used to carrying excess money (more than what we need as at that moment) in our pocket, and as long as you have excess, you will always be pushed to buy more than what you expected to buy causing you lose more money. So I started to avoid this by carrying less, instead of much.
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:31:11 AM

Once a month I put aside a certain amount for entertainment, and then I think out where to spend it. If there is a novelty that I really want to have, then I wait for a few days, and then, if I do not change my mind, then I buy it.
dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:34:27 AM

I just convince myself that they do not need me, and I do some analysis to make sure that I do not have any doubts
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

Spending on unimportant things is very hard now a days because there are a lot of people who are really spending a lot of money like buying a car or anything that what's their endeavor needs but they did not think if they can save up money at the end of the day.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:55:57 AM

I also sometimes do, a lot of expenses that I do for things that do not need, but when we are running out of money. then we realize that we have done the wrong thing. Therefore, to anticipate it happening again, now all my expenses are programs, so at least in 1 month I have to set aside my money for my save. so later when I'm in trouble in Economics, I already have money just in case.
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:59:59 AM

You should know how to budget your money properly for you to save more money. Avoid buying unimportant things and focus only to your everyday needs. You can keep yourself on spending unnecessary things through budgeting your money.

bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:21:27 PM

Self discipline is the right things to be considered if you cannot control yourself then you are lacking of that thing. But there are a lot of ways to avoid them but if you really wanted to spend the money all the ways are just be wasted. So just focused on other things that will lirr your mind into something else and then limit the money that you will ne spending like save you money in somewhere you cannot get right away and always think a lot of times before you are gonna buy a things an items think if that is gonna help you or not.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:23:53 PM

Especially when you have the money with you, you will certainly spent for it even you have already bunch of things on your room. I am basically like you, so I decided to save first then save. So whenever I have my salary or rewards from crypto I save first depending on the amount that I have then left something for my daily needs just like foods and etcetera. Which means I have to wait for my next salary when I have no money left. That leaves me to budget the money that is left after the savings.

Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:24:32 PM

I feel for you. But, my advice for you is to get serious when it comes to saving. Yes you did set your financial goals. But that will just be on paper if you don't do something about it. They will come temptations, but it still up to you if you are going to heed and follow your goals or just give into that temptation.
By the way, if you really can't avoid it, might as well allot a certain amount for emergency splurges like this. If the price exceeds budget then it is a no go.
ayiaye

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

this is everyone's illness, and bad habits, where people will never be satisfied with what they already have. usually people think, that life is only one time, and die will not bring anything. then, they will always enjoy life, and buy everything they want. or some who think, that they want to look more than others.
of course this habit will be difficult to avoid. how from ourselves, if we can control ourselves, it will easily avoid such a habit. usually people who can avoid this habit are people from the lower class, because they tend to be more interested in the primary needs than the secondary needs. and think a thousand times to be able to buy what they want.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:33:23 PM

In my own point of view, i keep myself in spending unimportant things by resisting it and thinking the things that i should prioritize first. I do not regret that i did not buy unimportant things because i knew it to myself that it won't help me at all. But if i have spare money i buy things that is unnecessary if i really like it.
bhadz

Activity: 2366
Merit: 563

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 08:07:18 PM

OP what are these things that you can't refrain of buying? Are these things your favorite clothes, pants or gadgets? I'm very familiar with this situation, you don't have control to yourself. You have to give up yourself from spending with unnecessary things and remove that hobby on your own. How to do it? You can do it by staying away from friends that might influence you for doing this repeatedly or don't go near to the malls if you really can't help yourself, stay away also from online shops.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:14:29 PM

We have the same situation too.I always keep telling on myself I need to save and I will not buy anything that does not important but once Im  on there I cannot resist not to buy it.
Discipline is the best way to handle that situation.We need to think that there are more important than buying things that we want. Don't keep our self to go online shopping or don't bring a lot of money when you're going out.Everything has limitation.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:23:32 PM

Spending is completely upon the users necessity, when one understands it surely he can limit the spending by avoiding unwanted or unimportant things. I see people around me go with highly valued gadgets, but for me it doesn't seem to be useful. With those gadgets I might lose my valuable time, in this manner I go through and decide whether I need to spend on it or not.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 220

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:41:51 PM

I keep myself from spending by listing things i need to buy when i'm going outside to buy things. I also save small percent of my money specifically for my leissure time which is usually foods and shoes. You have to manage your money as well as your time.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:44:59 AM

I'm a kind of person who spends to much for unnecessary things that I don't really need, until I realized that I should save something for the future. So I started by spending my money wisely through saving something for emergency purposes. I get rid of going our to avoid spending too much.

To be honest I am an impulsive buyer, I buy things  I don’t really need but to keep myself from spending on unimportant things first it is important to have discipline, second to just spend money on necessary things for instance food and lastly to either save or invest.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:12:07 AM

Yes I am really familiar about it. I also experience it. I to stop spendingvon the things that I don't really need and unimportant things. I used set my goals in life. I write down those that I really need. If I have an excess money I put into muy coinbank because saving is really important. Set your priorities first before anything else.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:36:04 AM

I also can't keep myself from spending on unimportant things because i can't resist it especially if everyone had it after that i always regret from buying it. But sometimes i can resist myself from spending by thinking the things that i should prioritize first like my family needs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: