Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
Situk brok

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:40:52 PM

If I think if you want to reduce your expenses you may have to learn to save money by using or buying what you need and you should set aside your money for your future and make your family.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sand King

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:45:29 PM

I work strictly on a budget for my fiat matters. As for Crypto currencies, I have a very different approach, because I store 80% of my coins in cold storage <paper wallets>. This makes the access to my coins more difficult, so I am less likely to spend coins on "impulsive" spending habits.

You have to implement something that would stall your spending habits. It gives you time to think about it and once you thought about it a bit longer, you might realize that you do not need it and you will not buy it. It is like the sweets at the payout counter. You wait in line, and you look around at the sweets that are there on the display, then you buy it... because you are waiting and have nothing else to do. Did you really want that candy?

Financial discipline is hard and marketing of products is very aggressive.  Angry

Honestly I also don't know how to keep myself  away from spending too much on unimportant things.  But until now I'm still trying to know the things I want and I need. When  I have money  I buy only the things I need and then when they have extra money that's the time that I will spend on things that aren't much important or the things that I just want to buy

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:08:10 PM

I honestly set goals but i don't follow it also. I am most likely to spend in those unimportant things but i learned how to avoid it.
In order for you to avoid it way away in temptation if you can't set goals with the unimportant things that you want. For example. List the importatnt things and when you accomplished that your reward is the unimportant hings that you want.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:59:41 PM

I think it is a problem everyone has. It a sickness. Losing control over onself when it comes to spending. The idea of loving onself or doing yourself a favor most of the time is causing us to do this. Sometimes also it is the thought of living once and we will be leaving everything we have here on earth when we die so we better enjoy them while we are still alive.

Haha, yes it was a disease. Well, it just a call of personal satisfaction. We purchase things base on emotions. Therefore, it we are not the master of our emotion then emotion is our master. This in effect will put us on the same situation as what mentioned here. Guys, just be aware what are you spending. Spend wisely. Smiley

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
You should create portions of your money if you can't resist buying what you like. Example will be 50% for savings and 20% for spending/buying what you like and the rest will be for another purposes. Depends on you on how much percent you want as long as you keep 50% untouch and focus on the rest 50%.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:05:55 AM

Yes, I am very familiar with such situation, I always check what I like buying, except for sale and buy, you have to be an entrepreneur if you want to like this.
Although the lust beat all thing, so I also bought something on the basis of my desire is not my needs.
The best thing to stay away from any such kind of thing is to make a list of all your monthly expenditures. Amongst those expenditure, cut down all the unimportant expenses which you think are of no use and that they are only resulting in wastage of your money. Instead of spending that money over there, you can go for saving that money so that you can then use that money at the time of need.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:54:21 AM

Maybe you shouldn't refrain from spending if it makes you happy.
But if it actually doesn't, then try to make a rough list of what you have to buy next month, each month, and also reserve a space for "extra spendings" with only the absolute amount of money you can spend on those indicated.
Now try to stick with the plan. Regulate it in such way that if you breach the budget in one place, try to keep it "under the line" in another. The balance should more or less stay the same.

In the end - we usually spend as much money as we have... it is intrinsic to human behavior.

trand

Activity: 252

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 08:55:31 AM

I write note. Notes keeps you remember what you have spent and it remind that how stupid I was when I bought unimportant thing. I think that is enough for me. If you do not trust youself, you can deposit your money in bank or simply give it to your wife. It is hard for you to withdraw and it will save you much money

rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:18:10 AM

I spend my money wisely. I only buy the important things that i needed. But it depends on how people handle their money, if that person have the capacity to buy the thing they wanted. For me i spend my money on unimportant things but i will based it on how i will use it daily. If that thing if for everyday use or regularly then i will buy it.

It is really a good attitude to spend your money wisely. I do a list on my basic needs and fit it in my monthly salary. Savings matters to me so i set aside 30% of it. We make sure to plan out outings and we lessen eating in restaurants.
jennygamilo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

It is natural happening in one person , yes I could be a lots of time to waste if you spend your time in an unimportant thing but for me it depends on you on how will you control and balance your time specially when it comes to important things
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:35:33 AM

I write note. Notes keeps you remember what you have spent and it remind that how stupid I was when I bought unimportant thing. I think that is enough for me. If you do not trust youself, you can deposit your money in bank or simply give it to your wife. It is hard for you to withdraw and it will save you much money
I observed that frequent going to mall will lead people to over spending because of buying unnecessary things, so as for me to avoid spending on those unimportant things then we should have to limit on going to mall if without necessary things to buy, and one thing is to avoid getting on credit card because that will drive you to buy all things that you have see in the market or in the mall.

zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:50:13 AM

If you have a serious goal for which you are saving money, then you will save them, if you have enough salary for this.

Yes, setting your goals means saving a money, you can achieve your needs and wants through money. The reality is the bigger the salary you earn the bigger the needs and wants too. It is in our hands on how to control it. 

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:06:29 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
Saving money is important we should know how to budget our money well for us to save more money. I not spending my money to unimportant things because for me it is just waste of money. I only focusing to the things that I need.
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

I want a good life in the future, and therefore I differentiate between wants and needs. I buy what I need, and I try to resist the less important.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
roflmao129

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:01:48 PM

Usually, I invest most of money on coins or real estate so that I do not have money to spend on nonsense things. Morever, I never have that bad routine. I always understand the value of things which I buy so I rarely make a wrong decision on buying stupid things.

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:16:45 PM

Your problem is common every one of us also experiences that kind of situation. The problem is how you can handle spending unimportant things. It is not wrong to waste on unimportant stuff if the thing is only your way to avoid the stress. The excellent technique doesn’t always spend it and become your habits the is not right for yourself. Think twice before you do it or maybe make yourself too busy to forget spending things.  Too much spending to unimportant things you prepare yourself for trouble.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:03:57 PM

I can't stop spending my money on useless stuff unfortunatly, i have very weak power of will and it's making a lot of problems for me. I believe that someday everything gonna change.

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

Everyone have differences in life. We were born in different nation, language, family, area or environment and we growth in different inputand ddifferent principles in life. As a matter of fact we have different beliefs that chock us to what should we follow. Because of our own desire to get new things most especially if we really like it not fake likes we can't sleep until we grab than things in our hand. No matter how disciplined we are there are times that we will come up to challenge ourselves. It's hard to fight yourself against your desire to have it. That's part of our life.
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:36:00 PM

If we have a family on our own then normally that will happen not unless we are born with a golden spoon in our mouth. I used to be a happy go lucky person in my younger years but having a child/children on my own changes a lot in general. Before i buy something for myself, my children comes first. So most of the time i ended up with nothing for myself though it is very seldom for us to go to the mall for shopping. Groceries and bills always be our priorities.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:47:09 PM

You damn right op, I too have experienced the same struggle in saving money. I even sometimes starve myself just to be able to save money but at the end of the day, when I see something that I like when I am walking or buying something important in a store, I cannot help myself but to buy that useless crap. The only way that I have gotten around this problem is when I have tried bringing only the money that is almost exactly the amount that I need and not any bigger. I have also refrained from going out a lot. These two strategies helped me somehow and is working good for me. I suggest you try it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: