Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:45:07 AM

Smiley   well all people are spending and buying anything even unimportant things because of the excess money that's forgotten to save for the future or else there's a lot of money to save on the bank thats why the rest of the money is to spend anyway. for me it is a regret for us to spend on unimpotant things.actually when I have a lot of money or bitcoin I will first store my bitcoin wallet or the bank so it's not easy to get it and the rest is to spend at home and work to forget the buyers' tendency outdoors and you should always be busy. if there is any money we can put in the bank so that it will not be expensive and your family will always be with you and work here with bitcoin and to entertain ourselves with family appeals.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
betchay22

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

What happen if you cant resist spending on unneccesary things. Your budget will be disalign or not enough to sustain your daily needs. If you dont have enough savings,  you will resort to borrowing money. If you want to stop it,  dont bring extra money when going out just enough for your daily needs. Cut your credit cards. Dont go out or go to the mall if not needed. Discipline yourself.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:53:07 AM

that is a familiar scenario in the nowadays society. People are spending over things that they did not really need, and the consequence of it, the will regret it later or need to sell things they need, as the famous investors Warren Buffet said. The problem financial literacy and education is what are people lacking in the current society. They did not get well-educated about hows economic works, and they prioritize their ego isntead of thinking clearly about how they should really spend on things.
Dukjila

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:00:06 AM

My opinion is, if a thing is really like it, you need to buy it. From such things there is always a need.
ChConcept

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:03:13 AM

I've had my fair share of this experience. We all set financial goals for ourselves and do our best to meet those goals. Admittedly, I'm an impulsive buyer. . .when I see something I like, I buy it. However, priorities change while you're moving along and as you gain more experiences in life, the more you learn how to control impulse buying. What I do is that I maintain another bank account but opted to go with a bank/passbook rather than an ATM. I put my savings in there and since I go to shops or malls during the weekends when banks are closed, I'm not giving myself any chances of withdrawing and buying. So far, that has worked for me. it may not for others but hey, different strokes for different folks, yes? Smiley

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:11:04 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
haha. I feel you pal. Which is even not needed or not important i can't stop my self buying things also especially when I'm on store and fast food i fell starving always, lol i think that is the fact if you have money you can't stop yourself spending even you already set your goals to not spend money for the future.
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 09:18:33 AM

Yes I do experience it also, if I see something I like. I buy it. Even though I don't need it. Since I have this kind of attitude where I can't resist, what I do is not go to mall, and I evade Lazada advertisement. Just to pass time and prevent me to purchasing I do other things to put my mind away to help me forget. What I do is sometimes play games like Playstation or go to gym or sometimes I just jog. By that I help myself and maintain my budget and increase my savings.

Dothyrain

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:25:27 AM

It helps not to have an ATM card, debit or credit card. If cash/credit is easily obtainable it will probably cause someone to spend more.

A lot of extremely wealthy people go into more depth about exactly the principle you are getting at here. Limit your own access to your funds. Put your extra money into some sort of investment, account or any where that you cannot access it, no matter how desperate you get. This will allow you to create a stable foundation at some point. Rather than constantly draining your reserves and starting from nothing, you will have fruitful investments bringing you multiple streams of income. You will be thankful that you squirreled away that money somewhere that allowed it to work for you, rather than buy you whatever you think you need.

Internet shopping is easy, convenient and often supports free shipping which can make saving difficult.

My mother has a terrible problem with internet shopping. My suggestion is don't even go to the websites. Never go browsing through a retailer, or some kind of online store. You'll find yourself monologuing and being convinced by your own stupidity that "it's a good deal", "I've got a few extra bucks", etc. You'll always find an excuse to spend your money, so limit your exposure to these spending opportunities.

How a person spends their time is probably the biggest factor. If friends always go out and spend money that makes things tough.

Agreed. Stop going out and spending $50 on drinks with the boys. Do that twice a week and you're down over $5,000 a year. Add on top of that a $5 drink every morning, because you like the fruity taste and you're down another $2,000 every year. Imagine if you just had all of that to invest, or just threw it in Bitcoin. People that smoke marijuana a few times a day end up spending about $5,000-$10,000 a year on that alone. How you spend your time matters, those mundane little things you do everyday are the most important things you do in your life. Not only does the money add up, but the time does, too. Say it takes you 20-minutes to get that drink every morning, driving/walking to the shop, waiting in line, drinking it and getting back to wherever you need to be; realistically it probably takes even longer than you think. We'll say 20-minutes, though. Do that everyday and you're spending 3 full-time work-weeks doing that small mundane daily task. Your time is worth something like $50 an hour if you have any reasonable skills and you invest it into something that truly matters. You may not be paid that much, but it could be spent elsewhere and you certainly could attain that figure if you spent your time more wisely. So not only is that drink costing you $2,000 a year in cash, but it is costing you 3-weeks worth of work or about $6,000 (at least) of your time, too. Then you have to consider that's it's probably bad for your health, too.

My point is that everybody has things that they know they would be better off if they stopped doing them. Figure out what these are, and if you need to then motivate yourself by calculating their true cost. How much time, how much money, is it affecting my health, is it helping me to achieve my goals of financial and marital success, etc. These are the questions you have to ask yourself to push yourself away from the idiotic spending.

Thats right. We should focus on the things that we need not on the things we want. Those things can be eliminated innour budget. We can live withou it. Just think how much money we spend on those unimportant things.its a big waste. In this way,  we can help ourselves to avoid hospital and live a healthy lifestyle.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:30:58 AM

I am not a good spender. I cannot guarantee all my purchases are important things. One thing i always think before making a purchase is is the price worth it?
Labajah

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:35:14 AM

all things have it’s own purpose. you may not realise it right away, but at a later time, you will look for that item. i always make sure to check if the thing is worth the price. if i think it’s worth it, go.
sharnel18

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:37:00 AM

Yes,most of us experience this kind of things and its a common problem,most of the time if we have money more than our budget we cant avoid or cant think about our limitation to spent unnecessary things that you may regret afterwards,but its good to be true sometimes as long as you can afford what you have buying for,and to think that it's a product of your effort.
maloibtc

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:39:56 AM

In order to start saving money, you need to come up with a really worthy goal. The fact that the goal will be a kind of stimulus, and also will stop you in time when you want to succumb to temptation and buy some unnecessary. Without a clear goal, it is very difficult to convince yourself not to spend our own money, since we do not find a reason to deny ourselves this.
boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:41:56 AM

I am not a compulsive buyer but sometimes am like you. I always do control my expenses. Like I set a certain limit on my daily expenses or when ever I go to the malls or doing the grocery. I think discipline your self is the key to resolve that. My advise to you is to place the only allocated or budgeted spending amount in your wallet when ever you are trying to buy. Don't bring your credit cards either. This will keep you away from buying the unwanted stuffs. I think this is the first thing you should try.
Legone

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:43:02 AM

Spending money for unimportant things, i think those things it considered as for short term benefits, because we used it for breakthrough the  fulfilment then ignored it. I think you should better to buy an important things like bitcoin, you have a chance to gain a huge profit from it.
princess.tyche

Activity: 110
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:57:46 AM

I think everyone here ever going through the same thing like you did including me. It is so hard to resist the urge to shop eventhough i know the item is useless and at the end of the month i'll regret it. Maybe you can limit your pocket money, and everytime you go out, make a list of your activity that need money, and bring only as much as you need on the list.
systematicdeception

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

Within two weeks, write down all the amounts of money that you spent. Specify the time, place, exactly what you bought and how much it cost. Thus, you can find out exactly where your money went. Some items may very "surprise" you

dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:06:51 AM

Within two weeks, write down all the amounts of money that you spent. Specify the time, place, exactly what you bought and how much it cost. Thus, you can find out exactly where your money went. Some items may very "surprise" you
Indeed I do encounter it additionally, on the off chance that I see something I like. I get it. Despite the fact that I needn't bother with it. Since I have this sort of state of mind where I can't avoid, what I do isn't go to shopping center, and I dodge Lazaro commercial. Just to hang loose and anticipate me to acquiring I do different things to put my mind away to enable me to overlook. What I do is here and there play amusements like Play station or go to exercise center or here and there I simply run. By that I help myself and keep up my financial plan and increment my investment funds.
Gyugita

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:23:11 AM

For now I have not been able to control spending on things that are not important, but right now I'm learning to manage spending well.
I will use my money or assets for 3 things: daily necessities, saving and other necessities.
From yesterday's thing, a lot of unnecessary expenses that I spend and I regret it.
So for others try to hold temporarily unimportant desires.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:43:23 AM

I was curious, are you a woman? if yes, then I will reply that this is natural, because I am also a woman who is always faced with such situations 😂
but now I can control my appetite when I want to buy things that are not important, because I am married and became the man who manage the finances at home, so I started to learn and trained in financial terms.
I think the best advice for you is to marry and hold your home finances 😁
because after marriage, I better understand how important it is to save money rather than spend on things that are not important.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:44:51 AM

I would like to share to you a formula for you to save your monthly or weekly income. In which after you receive your 100% salary or income then you may follow this formula by strictly keeping first the amount for your savings like this:
    1st - Savings            20%
    2nd- Emergency      10%
    3rd - Spending        70%

You should limit your spending at the remaining 70% only in which you have already save 30% for your very important future use and also you will avoid over spending because you already set your limit at 70%. If you will not follow this formula then for sure you will not able to save money for the rest of your life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: