Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:09:19 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
I agree with your opinion, if our expenses are not controlled, then the family economy will be bad. So we should be able to equate income and expenditure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sharm2121

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:41:26 PM

I have a few simple things that I do, firstly whenever I decide I want to buy something I always wait a period of time after that initial decision, let's say 2 weeks, if after 2 weeks I still want it then I ask myself why I really need it and if it will improve my life, if the answer is yes then I'll buy it.

Yes its a good idea, because if you dont really need the thing why you should buy it,right? So before buying one thing make sure it will help you or you can use it for everyday use.

tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

Its not just you but a lot can relate to that kind of situation. And I’ve been in that situation too but I’ve learned to control myself from spending on unimportant things. I usually think a couple of times first before spending and think if it is worth to spend my money on that certain thing.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Apple Mac

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Well you are not the only one who experience the same thing, I think that's your money, and there is no problem with it, it just the matter of self-discipline, if you think you are goung to much and being struggling financially will be your next road better to bring enough money for yourself, in my case I usually save the coins, since I usually care less to the coins I keep them in a safety can and time goes by I didnt realise that I have save some so the conscience of mine were lesser.

yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:25:04 PM

I will make a list of goods or lists of necessities of life that should be in priority so I will avoid buying goods that are not useful. maybe you should make a list like i did.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
rafaelyarulin

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:54:17 PM

It is imperative to start your personal budget, full accounting of income and expenses. To do this, you can download special programs for your computer, smartphone or tablet. You can also record all cash transactions in a notebook. The main thing is to do it constantly and turn such accounting into a habit. This action alone will allow you to find financial holes and eliminate them with significant benefit for your purse.
pencuri hati

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:05:02 PM

if I think, should take control of every expenditure and be able to distinguish the needs that are important and not important. financial finance can be stable.
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:10:07 PM

I may have a few tips for you not to spend money on things that are not important, for example when you see items that are not important do not you buy and again you better hear someone who is very important to you when they buy items that are not important for you and more you have to think more about your future than your pleasure.
malbano2099

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:31:06 PM

Yes, I am familiar with this scenario, but the thing that always sync in my mind is my dreams. Whenever I think of it, i won't buy any unnecessary or unimportant things that may block those things that I must to buy. I will just focus for the things that can help my future.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:35:15 PM

I take various precautions, but in some cases I unfortunately can not avoid my expenses unintentionally. For example, the day we passed, I got a good chance to make a nice money, and with that money I got a new phone and a smart clock myself. If we think that my old phone I used is a new model, we understand that it is not a necessary expenditure. I would like to point out that I have taken the dilemma of smart hours. I took it for the pleasure, when I feel regret for the money I have given for some time, it still seems to be a good time for me.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:51:53 PM

Yes that is very true situation, I can buy things which are not in our budget and plans. So what I did was I will not be go out anymore so I cannot buy things which are not really very important. This is what I did in order to hold myself from that situation.
Yeah.In short wasting money to buy an such not needed is very unprofessionally action because we don't think that time will come we have an imporyant things to buy.
Since I joined here I see to it that I am just withdrawing what I need in a week, and see to it that I will not go to Mall unless I really need something but if it is not important I am not going somewhere so I cannot spend more that what is my budget for the week, I am so strict when it comes to my money.
adpinbr

Activity: 980
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:53:11 PM

It is not just you, i feel this is something that everyone here had experienced i guess we just got so spoiled by bitcoin and its high price, to the point where we see everything easy to get as long as we got money, some of us just embrace this feeling and just do what they want because it is as they say you only live once, and others say that you shouldn't spend money on things that are not essential and try to save them for the future, everyone has his own opinion, and a way of seeing things.
True. Because when I started earning because of bitcoin I always spend it very smartly by spending the things that the people around me needs and when there are leftovers I try to save it but when I see food I always ate it. and now I'm so chubby and I hate myself for being too lazy to exercise since I am so tired physically and mentally.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sevenbits

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:05:54 PM

For me, this is becoming a problem. In my opinion, it is high time, along with school subjects, to teach financial education. According to statistics, only 10% of the world's population makes savings and only 1.5% are engaged in investment.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:37:29 PM

Since I'm making not really much. I created own formula to manage my income. Like 20% goes in crypto, another 20% savings, around 40% (food, bills and etc). So every month, I have like 20%, what I can spend on clothes, gambling or anything else. And if tho 20% not enough to buy an unimportant thing, I just waiting on another month to be able to buy.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:00:57 PM

I also used my savings to buy unimportant things because i was tempting to buy that item. But honestly it is really hard to save momey because you also have a lot of expenses for you to live everyday, so saving your money wisely is one of the solution for you to pay all of your expenses and for emergency purposes.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

I will make a list of goods or lists of necessities of life that should be in priority so I will avoid buying goods that are not useful. maybe you should make a list like i did.

This is very helpful especially when you go to a grocery stores, its really better to set your goals same here in cryptomarket. Spending is ok but you must limit yourself from the things that you really don't need for now. Use your money wisely, invest, save and spen for you to achieve your goal in life. Sometimes simple life is much better than to be lonely on top.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

Yeah,definetly i also experience this kind of behavior bro,that i want to limit my expenses because i want to save  money for the future ,but in the time when i see a new gadgets my aims to save money  gradually diminish into my mind,so therefore to surpass this kind of behavior,when i go to shopping,i've always bring only a small amount of money thats enough for the market and i cancelled all my credit card,so that i could not tempted to buy those unnecessary things,that can turn us into debt.

boled

Activity: 590
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:31:07 PM

this is a very common thing, not just you, I was also often exposed to cases like you, so sometimes damage one of the wishes that I have long planned. It takes a long process to be a consistent person. requires strong self-control. and become a patient person. I read a lot of theoretical books on self-control, but found no science that we can apply to be a strong person. Everything comes back to our own ability to control desire.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:51:24 PM

For me, this is becoming a problem. In my opinion, it is high time, along with school subjects, to teach financial education. According to statistics, only 10% of the world's population makes savings and only 1.5% are engaged in investment.
If this is becoming a problem you should set a goal wherein you can make priorty thr important things to spend your money. Always set a goal in order to keep yourself spending from those things that are not important. Even the statistics you are saying always help yourself to save money for the good future.
vfrias

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 11:09:45 PM

The whole world mechanism is about get money and spending in shit, which the big corporations and government teach us to do, but it will just makes you a rat in the wheel, you are never getting anywhere doing this.

When you know it, you start to think different, save money and purchase assets, not liabilities, that's it. First you save, the rest of you income of spend. Keep that in mind, and in that order (first save, always). That's how I do, it is simple after all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: