Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to buy a whole Bitcoin! You can buy partial!  (Read 25181 times)
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:32:26 AM

Good.

People who don't even unterstand the basics of bitcoin should probably not invest in the first place.

A large influx of naive investors, who don't get the concepts behind bitcoin and only buy because "the price is going up", could be very damaging at this stage.

They are going to become panic sellers at the slightest sign of trouble, and we are going to see yet another massive crash.

Growth is good but it should be gradual and organic.

Hey Timo,

Remember last year when you took like 50 BTC to build a website for me and never finished?

I remember too :-)

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:41:41 AM

You both miss the point entirely. This is the perfect example of a pyramid scheme in action. As early adopters, we all had the chance to buy several coins, but now its our duty to convince others they can still get in on the action, even if they can`t buy a full coin?

It`s just a shameless effort to profit off the backs of others. For a group of people who largely consider themselves freedom fighters against the scurge of bankers and government regulators, you are all beginning to sound like you`ve found good company. Makes me sick... I did not get into bitcoins to profit off of others via investment schemes. I wanted to see bitcoin succeed. But alas, human nature is a strong force to reckon with.

Yawn.

You are one weird dude. Or chick. You make no sense.

It's almost like you're trying desperately hard to come up with a ridiculous viewpoint on this. I can only imagine what you're like in person.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:01:39 AM

Yawn.

It's almost like you're trying desperately hard to come up with a ridiculous viewpoint on this. I can only imagine what you're like in person.

lol okay fine, I guess I`m just a big weirdo then. I just don`t condone the act of seeking out friends and family who show mild interest in bitcoin and convincing them to invest, even if it`s only a partial coin. I don`t see how one coin -- which was around $100 a month ago -- can now suddenly justify a 10 fold price increase. Even the most deluded bull has to acknowledge that a large bubble is growing, and this isn`t a good market for a novice to get mixed up with.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:04:24 AM

How can relatives enjoy the ride that only a good goxxxing can provide, if they aren't invited in?  Hopefully you are charging at least a 20% money changing fee for introducing them.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:35:57 AM

Yawn.

lol okay fine, I guess I`m just a big weirdo then. I just don`t condone the act of seeking out friends and family who show mild interest in bitcoin and convincing them to invest, even if it`s only a partial coin. I don`t see how one coin -- which was around $100 a month ago -- can now suddenly justify a 10 fold price increase. Even the most deluded bull has to acknowledge that a large bubble is growing, and this isn`t a good market for a novice to get mixed up with.

You don't understand how markets work ,it's ok we get it.

But what did you honestly think, that 1 Bitcoin would always remain a value of around $1?!?, that attitude is more elitist than that of seeing the price take off!. Why?, because there will only ever be 21 million of them, so realistically for Bitcoin to work as a currency it what, only a few hundred thousand peope have the right to exchange small change? And who gets to decide?.  For Bitcoin to go mainstream and reach tens if not hundreds of millions of users, it's price HAS to go up a lot!.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
tjswift

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

it has 5X inreased in last two days...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:05:52 AM

Let's pretend I'm a scammer.

A person expresses to me that they can't buy a bitcoin because they are too expensive. Knowing now that this person probably doesn't understand math well, I explain, then convince him to purchase only a hundred dollars worth.

For sake of argument and to simplify the math, let's say the exchange rate is exactly $1,000 when I speak to this person. A hundred dollar purchase equates to 1/10 of a full bitcoin. He hands be a nice crisp one hundred dollar bill, and I transfer to him .001 BTC.

If, by chance, he sees the dollar amount as only $1, I look at my watch and inform him that the "block chain" is probably currently updating its files, during which time the decimal is moved back two places to complete the task faster. I may even blame this on Gavin and Luke.

To show him that all is fine, we wait for the confirmations, and I offer to buy that $100 worth of BTC from him, giving him the bill first, then showing him how to transfer the BTC back to my wallet. I then say, "See? Now I just purchased a hundred dollars worth of bitcons from you." I then ask him if he's comfortable now, but whatever the answer is, I either come out ahead $99 or $100, and he is out $0 (zero) or $99 if he goes through with the purchase the same way as before.

Do you see how?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:42:22 AM

Soon , this problem will be solved , as very few peoples will be able to buy a full bitcoin Cheesy

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:16:29 AM

The early adopter problem always stop people from getting in, but it is the same for gold. On one hand, people can not resist the temptation of fast value appreciation, on the other hand they are afraid of being the last one holding the bag

That way of thinking will change eventually, since they will sooner or later realize that holding fiat money is more dangerous than holding bitcoin. But the learning process is very long

Khaoimon

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:59:02 AM

I have .06 and I'm overjoyed :p
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: