Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to Facebook on Blockchain  (Read 258 times)
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:17:32 AM

i am very interested in this actually but i don't think it is going to be possible. i would to actually see a decentralized platform that is working peer to peer without any centralized authority, no accounts, no middle man, no coin, no token, only data and every data is being stored on the blockchain in a decentralized manner.

unfortunately so far i only keep seeing tokens being created with the promise of a decentralized facebook but they create a centralized facebook-like platform and only get some money to do it.

"facebook on blockchain" should mean you don't use any coin/token to get there. it should mean you don't visit a website in your browser that is registered by a centralized group/person to get there. it means you open it in a decentralized way like how you share files with torrent.
that is why i think it is not possible because it has the potential of getting too big in a very short time.

I don't think there are any chances of beating Facebook. Even if you make a better platform in terms of tech, the people won't be there so

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kipo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:20:35 AM

I think that there is no good alternative of Facebook on Blockchain today but in the nearest future it should appear. I am interested in this topic and would be glad to hear your ideas about social networks.
JanVanHellsing

Activity: 107

Decentralised Wearable Devices

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:20:38 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 07:06:35 AM by JanVanHellsing

i am very interested in this actually but i don't think it is going to be possible. i would to actually see a decentralized platform that is working peer to peer without any centralized authority, no accounts, no middle man, no coin, no token, only data and every data is being stored on the blockchain in a decentralized manner.

unfortunately so far i only keep seeing tokens being created with the promise of a decentralized facebook but they create a centralized facebook-like platform and only get some money to do it.

"facebook on blockchain" should mean you don't use any coin/token to get there. it should mean you don't visit a website in your browser that is registered by a centralized group/person to get there. it means you open it in a decentralized way like how you share files with torrent.
that is why i think it is not possible because it has the potential of getting too big in a very short time.

I don't think there are any chances of beating Facebook. Even if you make a better platform in terms of tech, the people won't be there so

I agree that now is not a good time to challenge the giant but I am sure one day Faceblock will be replaced by something better or more innovative. It might be a blockchain based alternative or something completely else

trendy_crypt

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:21:38 PM

This is true, but everybody has to start somewhere, and the timing of the data breach might be enough to push people towards something else.
JanVanHellsing

Activity: 107

Decentralised Wearable Devices

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:47:35 PM

Facebook is currently matching what people seem to want when it comes to interacting with friends and sharing their offline experiences with others online. However that does not mean it will still be the top social network in the future. When I observ others and myself I noticed people are getting more concerned with the time they spend in these networks. Increasingly you read about studies that show that consuming the close up stories and adventures of other people is bad for ones psychic health, for a number of reasons.

Over the long term many develop a very common disorder, like to start thinking too much about what others might think about us and how we potray an ideal picture of ourselves while getting fomo when seeing the exact same behavious from everyone else. There seem to be a lot more people happier...and the downward spiral starts.

I think Social Networks will still have a place in the future, but they need to evolve into something bigger that goes beyond the current superficiality or add value in other ways then currently the case. The Blockchain would be a pretty good tech for a next gen social media network. Time to challenge the established players.

El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:53:12 PM

I think the best is Steemit where you can be rewarded posting interesting content.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:53:26 PM

Not really blockchain based but I do believe it deserves a mention in this thread.

https://diasporafoundation.org/ : An open source decentralized social network. Here you can host your own server and only you can have your information with you and you are in control. There are some services out there that will allow you to register via somebodies else node in the network but then you have to trust them. If you are interested in it, then look them up on this website or just search them across the internet them to see other peoples opinions or even visit github etc.

I think the best is Steemit where you can be rewarded posting interesting content.
Steemit is more like the medium.com; you have some other applications on top of steem blockchain video sharing network, meme network, audio files, microblogging etc. But steem is not typical facebook alternative that is the best solution. Firstly everything is public and with accounts and usernames it makes it even easier to link who is who and who owns what and what are your transactions etc.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:03:04 PM

I don't know if there is one currently that has the features of facebook. I only know of investfeed which basically works like twitter but still needs more improvement. I've been using it for a few months now. No ads plus referrals are not allowed.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:09:32 PM

Twitter is good to handle social media campaign but i think facebook still the best to promotion ICO.
Reddit and linkedin have a good choice to share and promotion projects.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:11:36 PM

I don't know a lot of projects like Facebook on block chain, but can suggest one it is All.me project. And its looks very promising.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:24:49 PM

It's not a direct alternative, but I would recommend gab.ai. They stand for the freedom of speech and are anti-censorship.
Pamplelune

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:30:05 PM

I have no doubts that blockchain based social networks will replace existing ones nearest years. Unless current social giants effectively switch to bloackchain technology themselves.

CRPA9

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

I don't know a lot of projects like Facebook on block chain, but can suggest one it is All.me project. And its looks very promising.

Havent seen that one. I think if blockchain does take off in the next 2-3 years we will see many more Smiley
rmyles25

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:41:39 PM

Havent seen that one. I think if blockchain does take off in the next 2-3 years we will see many more Smiley

I guess, how great blockchain is there are somethings that it won't replace yet just like Facebook and Social Media. There are industries that it can replace, but probably not Social Media.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:51:04 PM

Lets see if the likes of Howdoo will surpass Facebook. Most especially when it comes to ensuring that the data of users are secured. I think there are other social network platforms that are just coming up and look promising. We also need them to give us good services for the ads. We are gradually approaching a stage where blockchain technology will be totally integrated into social network. I think is Steemit.
CRPA9

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:33:21 PM

I guess, how great blockchain is there are somethings that it won't replace yet just like Facebook and Social Media. There are industries that it can replace, but probably not Social Media.

I dont think it will replace Facebook until 50% of the world use blockchain but all you have to get to is STEEMS market cap and its a x80 atleast Smiley
trendy_crypt

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:04:11 PM

Lets see if the likes of Howdoo will surpass Facebook. Most especially when it comes to ensuring that the data of users are secured. I think there are other social network platforms that are just coming up and look promising. We also need them to give us good services for the ads. We are gradually approaching a stage where blockchain technology will be totally integrated into social network. I think is Steemit.

Even Facebook have started looking into Blockchain. Question is, have they left it too late?

Bill Gates thought the internet would go nowhere and ended up eating his words. Just because you're pioneer in one field, it doesn't mean you are a pioneer in all. Howdoo may have the chance to get the jump on FB and leave it in it's wake.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:06:59 PM

Well, facebook can start using blockchain to protect their user's data.
We recently saw the lack of security that facebook provided to it's users- someone was able to get 3M users info without their permission.
https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/data-31m-facebook-users-exposed-app/

With blockchain, facebook could enjoy a very high security level which will avoid them from exposing data.
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 01:24:01 PM

The blockchain social platform now has a lot of related projects in the Announcements (Altcoins) section. If such projects are really made, it is very beneficial for cryptocurrencies. When these softwares are all developed, then the encryption ecosystem Will become more professional and perfect. I am looking forward to that day

duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:29:46 PM

I heard that Facebook is researching its own blockchain. If this happens, Facebook will have its own coin and this is possible.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: