Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin parabolic rise and bubble crash have you been through? 1, 2, 3?  (Read 5143 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:59:01 AM

nah these last two are baby crashes. the slow painful slide down from 17 was the real bitch. slowly sucking hope from the bravest Smiley

There will never be a crash as bad as the 32 to 1.96 slide.

That was torture.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:11:45 AM

April and this one

I am cashing out bit by bit so I am losing coin all the way.  But I stick to principle that my BTC stash have to be worth more in fiat terms all the time. So I am selling  slow

If it  crashes terribly one day I hope to buy back

obviously I regret that  I wasn't here in 2011. After all is so much fun.. 
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:04:17 PM

Be nice if this thread had a poll.. been through 4 here.
Pockets

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:26:21 PM

Three

The first two gave me the wisdom not to sell early or panic sell in this one.
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:39:04 PM

Been following BTC since before the 2011 crash - but didn't have the f**king balls to buy in at the time.

I even remember seeing the rise from $0.1 to $30 and thinking "wow, some of those guys just made a killing", and then STILL being to stupid to get in afterwards. That's painful to look back at now. Didn't get in until the after the April crash at about $80.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:51:59 PM

man i knew about bitcoin in 2009 and didnt buy in until end of june this year. happened to be a good place to buy in but man, missed out on a lot.....

mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:01:37 PM

Been following BTC since before the 2011 crash - but didn't have the f**king balls to buy in at the time.

I even remember seeing the rise from $0.1 to $30 and thinking "wow, some of those guys just made a killing", and then STILL being to stupid to get in afterwards. That's painful to look back at now. Didn't get in until the after the April crash at about $80.

Same here.

I actually knew of Bitcoin when it was in the pennies. I was on the forums reading and eventually even installed the miner on my PC. I stopped mining when I realized how slow my computer ran and couldn't even game Starcraft and WoW back then.

I got into it again because I heard people using it for Silk Road. Did some research and thought this was a pretty good idea. Bought in after the crash at $60. Been holding ever since and don't plan to until it makes it or it dies.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:05:03 PM

the first time i learned about BTC, it was going for $5 per coin.. i believe it was in 2011. i came to the game too late.. only was it this year that i actually invested and researched extensively.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

i came to the game too late..

I would argue that if you're already here (and have some) you're hardly too late.
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:44:17 PM

I'm a relative newbie, got in at $200.

I know full well that I know nothing about commodities trading, and would probably do something stupid, so my strategy is simply acquire and hold.  Dunno how long I'll hold, but for now I'm just holding.

If we have another "crash", I'll acquire some more.  Otherwise I'll just see what happens.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:15:39 PM

heard about it in june 2011 and bought right into the bubble at about 20. after crash mtgox got hacked, my account compromised and i thought bitcoin was some fkn scam and forgot all about it until march 2013. gox had kept my initial 100 btc all those years and gave it back to me upon request end of march 2013  Kiss.

next bubble. experienced horrors of panic sells, open orders on gox while unable to login, but came out clean. decided to invest big after the crash. way too optimistic i managed to buy at 130, which was the top before it slowly crumbled all the way down to 69. i had "lost" more than 40 % of the larger investment. horrible summer days. felt so relieved when it came back to 130 end of august.

next "bubble" (now): the coins are in cold storage. sold 5% of stash slightly above 800. will sell another 5% around 1600.

as anyone elses, my story is full of missed opportunities. would i have just bought a few days before or after i actually did in 2011...  would i have just have known about this forum earlier then march 2013.... would i have just bought in big not at this fkn top....

i am really thankful to witness this thing. great show.  

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:29:18 AM

heard about it in june 2011 and bought right into the bubble at about 20. after crash mtgox got hacked, my account compromised and i thought bitcoin was some fkn scam and forgot all about it until march 2013. gox had kept my initial 100 btc all those years and gave it back to me upon request end of march 2013  Kiss.

next bubble. experienced horrors of panic sells, open orders on gox while unable to login, but came out clean. decided to invest big after the crash. way too optimistic i managed to buy at 130, which was the top before it slowly crumbled all the way down to 69. i had "lost" more than 40 % of the larger investment. horrible summer days. felt so relieved when it came back to 130 end of august.

next "bubble" (now): the coins are in cold storage. sold 5% of stash slightly above 800. will sell another 5% around 1600.

as anyone elses, my story is full of missed opportunities. would i have just bought a few days before or after i actually did in 2011...  would i have just have known about this forum earlier then march 2013.... would i have just bought in big not at this fkn top....

i am really thankful to witness this thing. great show.  

Sounds to me like you are a winner.  Almost everybody has a "what if" story.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:46:39 AM

All of them.

My strategy is to buy some more throughout 2014 and hold until at least 2017.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: