Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about mining  (Read 450 times)
alias3glw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:17:13 PM

Hello.

I want to create my own mining rig. I have search a lot but I can´t undestand some things.

For example, the most popular way to minate is using asic chips. But they are expensive. so another way to minate is using video cards of desktops?

I found several topics that says that for creating a mining rig you need to buy AMD,Ati, and other branches of Videocards.

Also I ve found aout a CPU Mining tool, that instead using videocards uses the CPU power to procesate.

What is the recomended between the Cpu and the video card.

For CPU minating i was thinking that only I need is a Procesator, a motherboard, some ram and nothing else.

What other minathing systems do you know.?

Sorry for my bad english.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Hello.

I want to create my own mining rig. I have search a lot but I can´t undestand some things.

For example, the most popular way to minate is using asic chips. But they are expensive. so another way to minate is using video cards of desktops?

I found several topics that says that for creating a mining rig you need to buy AMD,Ati, and other branches of Videocards.

Also I ve found aout a CPU Mining tool, that instead using videocards uses the CPU power to procesate.

For CPU minating i was thinking that only I need is a Procesator, a motherboard, some ram and nothing else.

It depends on what you are mining.

If you are mining bitcoin, it will be a waste of time and money to mine with CPU.
If you are mining bitcoins, it will be very difficult to maintain profitability mining with video cards.

Perhaps instead of spending money on mining equipment, it would be cheaper and more profitable to exchange that money for bitcoins?
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:44:12 PM

You can also try to mine alt coins.  For example you can mine Quark coins with your CPU and thn trade the quark coins for BTC.
Many of the alt coins are still profitable to mine with a graphic's card.
alias3glw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:56:18 PM

Hello.

It depends on what you are mining.

If you are mining bitcoin, it will be a waste of time and money to mine with CPU.
If you are mining bitcoins, it will be very difficult to maintain profitability mining with video cards.

Perhaps instead of spending money on mining equipment, it would be cheaper and more profitable to exchange that money for bitcoins?

Thanks for the quick answer
komar

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:25:32 PM

GPU mining is not profitable anymore for bitcoins! But you still could make some money with litecoins:

ASICs profitable chart looks quite different:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: