Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to point 12GH/s of Scrypt hash?  (Read 159 times)
ccgllc (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:50:05 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 03:06:26 PM by ccgllc

I decided to diversify my SHA256 farm and start mining some Scrypt, mostly because of coupons from Bitmain and then $505 list prices of L3s, combined with some empty shelf space in my data center.

Spent some time on Google, but unlike BTC pool information, not finding as many pool comparisons for LTC and its friends or specific fee structures.
Update:  Finally found https://litecoin.info/index.php/Mining_pool_comparison

Recommendations I found so far:

Solo hash - Pro:  no fees.  Cons:  LTC only unless I was to setup merged mining and manage multiple wallets.  Doable.

Litecoinpool - Pro:  Claims 0 fee compliments of merged mining.  Cons:  Cost money to run a pool, guessing they shave some off the merged mining and keep (currently trivial) transaction fees.  Concerns:  PPS pools TEND to have higher fees to cover themselves.  Reported in the Pool Comparison to charge 4%

Give-Me-Coins - Pro:  Smaller pool, merged mining, payout directly to each wallet.  PPLNS - so SHOULD have lower fees. Cons: (Minor) Need to maintain multiple wallets (already setup).  Concerns:  Pool Comparison claims 0% fee, but a pool must charge something to survive.

ProHashing - Pro:  Profit Switching, rumored to pay out substantially more than merged mining sites.  Ability to pay out in any coin, including BTC.  Cons:  Somebody is paying for all the transaction fees associated with mining multiple coins and converting them to payout coins.  Concerns:  Unknown fee structure.  Also, if they are so great, and pay a lot more, why isn't everyone mining there?

FYI: Out of principle, I refuse to mine on any Chinese owned or controlled pool.  Also trend towards smaller pools for the health of the network - so long as blocks are found on a weekly basis I consider them big enough (which is why Litecoinpool is just a backup for me now).

Basically, this boils down to trying to maximize my return, which usually means minimizing expenses.

Can anyone please help educate me on this branch of mining?

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:34:21 PM

Yes point it to my pool in the sig  Grin

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
ccgllc (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:38:25 PM

Yes point it to my pool in the sig  Grin

Hmmm, your pool stats are showing 0 miners.  With 0 fee I suppose that would be an option if I wanted to solo mine, but you don't appear to do merge mining.  Honestly don't know if that only amounts to dust or not, so don't know if I should care about it.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
wedgenix

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:08:39 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 04:56:27 AM by wedgenix

I'm biased, since I am an admin in their discord, but feel free to check mining-dutch.nl.  (stratum servers are currently in EU, but we have US and Asia users that are happy with the performance)

The main pool dev is active and continually looking for ways to improve the site and add more coins.

We offer profit-switching "multiport", and have recently implemented "any-to-any" coin conversion (you can convert any mined coin to any other mined coin if you wish, even cross-algos).

It is a PROP pool, fees listed on the help and info page (2% pool fee, 3% convenience fee to auto convert coins if you chose to use that service), and withdraw fees for some coins with larger blockchain transaction fees, but none if you chose payout in most of the smaller cap coins.

We have an active discord for general discussion as well as support.

We try to be as transparent as possible - you can pull up every transaction for every coin and see the proportion paid out as well as fees every time a found block is confirmed.

Best of luck in finding the pool that best suits your needs, even if it is not ours Smiley

edited for correctness - our coin conversion fee is 4%, not 2% as I originally posted.  Apologies for the inaccuracy!
.....and one more edit - the 4% coin conversion fee, after much number crunching and consideration, has been reduced to 3%...I did say the main pool developer was active and always looking to improve!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: