Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I guess we're going back up?  (Read 2933 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:29:03 PM

falle = trap
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:31:41 PM

I hope it's a big bull trap  Grin

BTCChina is leading the way. And it looks like a bull trap. Started @ 4200 CNY , probably going till 5500 CNY

So do, but only so I can buy back in at lower values, which will still be much higher than what I sold at.

I have been bullish on Bitcoin since Sept 2013 when I bought some for speculative purposes for first time (b4 then, hundreds of the things were going through my account and onto Silk Road....makes me sick looking at the transaction history in my wallet)

Anyway, I was bullish, but cashed out when I had trebled my money, but immediately regretted doing so and had wired a much larger sum of money to Bitstamp back when Bitcoin was still around $400, intending to buy in and cash back out at around $600. Thus, I remained bullish on Bitcoin right up until the eve of the crash, where the parabolic chart behaviour turned me bearish. After getting the usual ridicule and 'face palms' from the usual retards, Bitcoin did indeed crash....

...But.....

Can I honestly say that this feels like a dead cat bounce?

No, I can't.

Perhaps because so many people, like myself, believe that these spikes and flash crashes are going to keep on occurring in Bitcoin, so many people believe that there is huge upside still to be made in Bitcoin and therefore the speculative capital is preventing the usual post bubble scenario from setting in. I am also a firm believer that Bitcoin is a highly manipulated market and that there are people with the buying/selling power to drive this market around like a bitch.

For this reason, I at this point in time, am like a animal frozen in headlights. Bitcoin could hit further astronomical heights very soon, or it could take another flash crash short of the previous highs, which surely would result in a near term bear scenario where prices would have to stabilise before green shoots could come again.

The Silver price history chart provides a great example of a burgeoning asset that takes a whack down, yet seems like it is heading straight back up, only to take another whack down...wash rinse repeat:

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:06:00 PM

I dunno, silver chart looks like a run up and multi year correction to me on that scale.

I think BTC has several to 20 years of run up to come before the final big multi year correction, after which it will find its value and subsequently trade very much like a metal (i.e. subject to the whim of the market, and the pressure of devaluation of fiat through inflation)

Thats the 20-30 year outlook though!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:11:06 PM

I hope you all took the opportunity to buy, because it will be a long time before we see $500 again.

First rule of Bitcoin: The more more often people say it won't happen, it happens.

lol, one of the only true predictions/assumptions on this thread.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:44:47 PM

Bitcoin will keep going up as long as these massive fiat injections keep coming into the exchanges. The whales will wait until it stops to dump so they can take maximum profits.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:52:08 PM

I hope you all took the opportunity to buy, because it will be a long time before we see $500 again.

First rule of Bitcoin: The more more often people say it won't happen, it happens.

lol, one of the only true predictions/assumptions on this thread.
Makes sense to me

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:32:42 PM

I hope it doesn`t rise or otherwise that means coinbase will cancel my order from a couple days ago.  Angry

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:11:14 AM

The Silver price history chart provides a great example of a burgeoning asset that takes a whack down, yet seems like it is heading straight back up, only to take another whack down...wash rinse repeat:

What is your point with the wash rinse repeat? That we should buy silver?  Tongue
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:33:34 AM

What is your point with the wash rinse repeat? That we should buy silver?  Tongue

Actually, silver is in such doledrums with miners no longer able to operate at a proft, that the price of silver must surely be over depressed, i.e. an excellent long term buying opportunity.

My point was that just cos a market makes a quick recovery, and it seems that the crash was infact just a correction, doesn't necessarily make it so, as the silver chart shows, albeit over a longer (read: normal) time scale.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:36:32 AM

Its going up Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: