Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee Charges $105,000 for Cryptocurrency Promotions  (Read 232 times)
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:40:46 PM

easy money
I was envious of her ability to be an influencer on the world of cryptocurrency
if in a day he gets orders from 5 clients, then he gets 500k USD without having to work hard
and it is enough for me to live for 1 year

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:50:29 PM

I shudder to accept the fact that the McAfee effect actually works.  He's been promoting too many projects and some of then are not even successful. I believe people must take time to learn own their own when it comes to cryptocurrency businesses. No one can help you more than yourself.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 10:52:20 PM

Damn, nowadays promotion and advertising made a lot from social media and it just normal when there are lot of ICOs out there promoting their coin and even using his name without his permission. This is also a good reason to measure and ICO, If an ICO can't have enough money to do such promotion then they shouldn't even consider to launch their coin to be known worldwide. Its just a new way to give pressure to scam ICOs  Grin Grin

dont worry they wont be successful, in the long run. frauds get exposed sooner or later.

alone the name McAfee sounds like a warning to me it means something like McMonkey in German, if you pronounce it. doesnt sound like someone who can be trusted or taken serious

the problem here is that all those pseudoenterpreneuers that have access to us dollars publishing their short term icos. trying to find intelligent individuals working for them,

but they wont be successful, those icos as mcmonkey, if he is not able to hedge his US dollars.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:06:13 PM

Founder of the software company McAfee, John McAfee is now promoting cryptocurrency for $105,000 per tweet to his 810,000 direct followers.
We see a lot of negative news in the market and i am sure everything is sponsored by someone, some by the banks and so on and John McAfee is promoting coins by taking a bounty, but before doing that is he checking whether the coins he is promoting is genuine or not, there were ICO that were supported sports people and some are in trouble because of scams.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:15:26 PM

Founder of the software company McAfee, John McAfee is now promoting cryptocurrency for $105,000 per tweet to his 810,000 direct followers.
We see a lot of negative news in the market and i am sure everything is sponsored by someone, some by the banks and so on and John McAfee is promoting coins by taking a bounty, but before doing that is he checking whether the coins he is promoting is genuine or not, there were ICO that were supported sports people and some are in trouble because of scams.

profit thinking and longterm successful ICOs dont work well together they are diametrically excluding each other. ICOs should be for serious Capitalists that want to develop things. not to earn US dollars.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:19:53 PM

I'm not even surprised anymore. If you're a follower of McAfee, you'll always get notifications from his account about different coins being advertised by him. You'll get the idea that he's doing this full time. With that in mind, that price tag is very reasonable for him to do this with his full attention. We don't know how many coins applied for his service but one thing is for sure, this is definitely a very lucrative job for just tweeting something about the certain ICO.  Cool
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:31:01 PM

Well this is normal for some big names to have endorsements even some huge youtubers like logan paul and pewdiepie which they can earn around $40k per post in social media (i don't know this is true but i read this article online) since the crypto related advertising in social media is banned i think that advertising with a big name in cryptocurrency like mcafee will a huge effect
hitchcoin

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:27:20 PM

I'm not even surprised anymore. If you're a follower of McAfee, you'll always get notifications from his account about different coins being advertised by him. You'll get the idea that he's doing this full time. With that in mind, that price tag is very reasonable for him to do this with his full attention. We don't know how many coins applied for his service but one thing is for sure, this is definitely a very lucrative job for just tweeting something about the certain ICO.  Cool

Yeah but before many times when he promote some coin price jumped so high at up also when somebody hacked them and promote fake coin price pumped also Smiley He could manipulate with market also with same tricks.
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:31:28 PM

A simple job and get a considerable sum of money. Just posting an article on Twitter can earn $ 105,000, which is crazy. We can see the impact of celebrities on the community is enormous and the price to get it is very high.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:33:52 PM

I found source info here: https://coinpedia.org/news/john-mcafee-charges-crypto-promotions

This is one reason why I do not like John Mcafee. I remember that one developer of a coin was messaged by John and he told the developer that his coin is good and he is willing to promote his coin in exchange for a large amount of bitcoin plus an enormous amount of the devs coins. The developer leaked those conversation and John was caught. Another thing why I dislike Mcafee is when he promotes a coin the value surges up and then it will crash, possibly it is John who dumped his coins.
mainavino

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:36:03 PM

I don't listen to Mcafee I have my own criteria in choosing the coins where I invest my money and people should do the same, do not get into the hype because a man like Mcafee is tweeting it, that is bullshit what if that ICO is a scam he is staking his reputation.

Now that the news is out, his credibility is already questionable. I do not think that any logical person or company will no contact him for any promotion.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

I found source info here: https://coinpedia.org/news/john-mcafee-charges-crypto-promotions
its great for crypto and it was gonna be wow promotion this is the time for all crypto coins not only for us but cause for everyone in this world crypto is the best.

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

my question, is that really mcafee or someone else?  Huh because at past if me not wrong, mcafee said that his account get hacked. when he start to promote about some altcoins. and i don't think his reputation will worth for that amount of money

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:02:44 PM

Well that is pretty dumb announcing that he will tweet for $$$, he would've been better off talking privately on ICO developers to make his tweets more believable. Clearly after that announcement, he's opinions and promoted coins will not be trusted that much since he is only doing it for the $$$. Anyone believing and supporting the coins this guy will be promoting is either dumb or a newbie in this industry(just saying). I mean, damn! Who in the right mind would even pay him to promote their ICO if he already lot the trust of people? just wouldn't make any sense.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

Stay cautious about any promotions that cite cryptocurrency, including ICO. We should really be able to choose which coin has potential for the future, bitcoin is the top candidate on my list.

brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:20:36 PM

It's completely ridiculous to think people are listening to what he suggests but at least now it's clear that is getting paid to do so, is not doing it out of his good heart

I have also heard that there are bots which buy automatically a coin that was mentioned in the McAfee's tweet. That's ridiculous but we can't do nothing about it. If many people trust him then we should let him continue. Let's hope that he won't promote any project without checking it earlier. It would be disastrous for him and crypto industry if he advertised a ponzi scheme or a scam project. He's definitely taking a huge risk. I'm not against it, he had to build his trust somehow and now wants to make money thank to it.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
selivers

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:22:36 AM

I think it would be more desasterous for the crypto currency community than him, he has pretty much ruined his credibility already by getting paid for every tweet

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: