Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get my incorrect trust rating removed ?  (Read 1495 times)
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:42:11 AM

Just happened to glance at my trust page, and noticed someone I've never heard of has left me negative trust saying I cost them $6600

Looking at their page and their ratings it appears they meant to leave it to a user called desto

desto was running the scam in this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318582.0

I posted in the thread twice, both times warning people, and I end up being neg'd which is bloody annoying.

Most is overpriced but then all asic hardware is.

I'd be tempted buy the UK jupiter, but not sending 22 BTC to a new website when there is so little information.

I understand the desire to keep all the listings the same size, but when you click on one, it should provide more info, ie real photos of the unit, pictures of it hashing, location, would the buyer allow payment on collection etc etc

Multiple people have bought and paid for the same miners

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=326833.0

Be very careful

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:30:10 PM

I don't think you can get it removed. Unless, you contact the person who left it. Ask them to take a look at this thread and they may seethe mistake they did and remove it. If you don't get any answer you could try contacting a staff member. But, I doubt they would be able to do anything.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:30:40 PM

Talk to the person who left them and ask them to remove the rating, that is the only way it will get removed.
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:54:33 PM

Talk to the person who left them and ask them to remove the rating, that is the only way it will get removed.

I tried that, looks like they left the feedback and haven't been back since.

So my reputation is permanently tarnished because some idiot clicked on the wrong person, what a great system Sad

bitcoinbible

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:37:13 PM

this is not true, mods can also remove!  Roll Eyes
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:01:18 PM

it will work out buddy. keep this thread alive and a mod will see it. ive had bogus feedback removed by a mod

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
bitcoinbible

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:03:33 PM

it will work out buddy. keep this thread alive and a mod will see it. ive had bogus feedback removed by a mod

yes and ive had REAL feedback removed by a mod
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:18:44 PM

yes and ive had REAL feedback removed by a mod

leaving you currently with no feedback and like 4 post? probably due to your post count being so low. hard to trust someone who waves at you from a passing car

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:21:00 PM

PM theymos, he will not remove it, but it will show him another case in which the Trust rating is being abuse, and hopefully he can remove the whole system.
bitcoinbible

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:23:32 PM

PM theymos, he will not remove it, but it will show him another case in which the Trust rating is being abuse, and hopefully he can remove the whole system.

/\now we are talking!  Wink
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:32:08 PM

Thanks I hope so too.

I can understand the mods not wanting to get involved when there are two sides to the story, but I hope they see this as a clear cut case of incorrect feedback and remove it.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:53:34 PM

So my reputation is permanently tarnished because some idiot clicked on the wrong person, what a great system Sad
You warned about his scam
I'm pretty sure you were exactly the person he wanted to neg-rate

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

Not quite. If people investigate about you, they'll just discard this useless rating.
And even if they do not investigate, nobody has Weegil66 in their trust list, no worries.

Remember trust ratings fade with time, too.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:00:40 PM

But it wasn't the scammer that left the feedback, it looks like a user that fell for it.

Looks like another user who I've had no dealings with has taken the opportunity to further abuse the trust system and wind me up, fucking ridiculous

Not quite. If people investigate about you, they'll just discard this useless rating.

And what if they don't investigate.  What if I decide I want to buy something and all they do is see that I allegedly scammed someone (now multiple people)

bitcoinbible

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:04:55 PM

this NEVER happens lol  Cheesy
Kouye

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:07:59 PM

But it wasn't the scammer that left the feedback, it looks like a user that fell for it.

Looks like another user who I've had no dealings with has taken the opportunity to further abuse the trust system and wind me up, fucking ridiculous

And what if they don't investigate.  What if I decide I want to buy something and all they do is see that I allegedly scammed someone (now multiple people)

I don't give a fuck about reports without ref thread, for example, and I hope most people do the same.
Magazine was on the edge in my books, couldn't figure him out.
Not sure what to think, now.

bitcoinbible, to give another example, is clean, but is taged as very, very dangerous in my book.  Wink

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

I'm 100% sure they are the same scammers behind these accounts

Also, if they don't investigate then they wouldn't see those ratings as they are from untrusted people (nobody has scammers in their trust list, well, except TF of course)

bitcoinbible, to give another example, is clean, but is taged as very, very dangerous in my book.  Wink
+1

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:20:38 PM

I'm 100% sure they are the same scammers behind these accounts

I can see that happening, but in this case they left the real scammer the same feedback. If it was the scammer using another account then he'd be unlikely to leave himself bad feedback.

Also, if they don't investigate then they wouldn't see those ratings as they are from untrusted people (nobody has scammers in their trust list, well, except TF of course)

What I mean is, they get as far as clicking on 'show untrusted feedback' but fail to investigate further and see that it's bogus.

Kouye

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:22:27 PM

What I mean is, they get as far as clicking on 'show untrusted feedback' but fail to investigate further and see that it's bogus.
If so, you are probably safer not trading with them at all.

bitcoinbible

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:43:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/uAXQmkw.jpg

And what if they don't investigate.  What if I decide I want to buy something and all they do is see that I allegedly scammed someone (now multiple people)

I don't give a fuck about reports without ref thread, for example, and I hope most people do the same.
Magazine was on the edge in my books, couldn't figure him out.
Not sure what to think, now.

bitcoinbible, to give another example, is clean, but is taged as very, very dangerous in my book.  Wink

ya satoshi libeled me both as: "hostile" and "i miss you bro" wtf?  Grin lol
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: