Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Watcher for Android  (Read 1044 times)
edric (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:35:24 AM

Altcoin Watcher for Android version 1.0.0 has been released. I have been out of circulation for quite a while and have been meaning to get this project going for around 6 months now, but life has been giving me lemons and I'm sick of lemonade!

In the process of putting it on app stores. It can be directly downloaded at http://edric.soupwhale.com which is also the "official" website for the time being.

Altcoin Watcher simply displays value data across multiple exchanges, BTC-E, Gox, Bitstamp, and mcxNow, for all cryptocoins. It requires no personal data, no wallet data or anything like that. It only reports current values and the only input it requires is if you need to change the refresh rate. Future updates will include tweaks for smaller screens, more exchanges, coins, and currencies, an inventory system (where you punch in the amounts of coins you own and get estimated values), notifications, and taking suggestions for additional features. I know there's apps out there such as Meta Trader for Android, there are no plans for this app to become something similar, no plans to implement trading. I will be entertaining suggestions for improvements, though, so if there's features you'd like to see, please let me know. Sending me an email via the website would be the quickest way to communicate with me. I hope you guys get some use out of my app.

Right now the app is written in LiveCode, which is responsible for the large-ish size of the apk (2.1MB), since building a standalone has to pack in the entire LiveCode runtime in order to run. I'm studying the C programming language and at a later time, it's possible Altcoin Watcher for Android will undergo a conversion and rewrite.
http://edric.soupwhale.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:41:12 AM

looks like a cool Android app, thanks.

edric (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:46:57 AM

Thanks, hope you guys like it. It's now on GetJar, one of just a few apps that pop up if you search for Bitcoin. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves. Doesn't seem to be many options for tracking multiple coins across a few markets at once.

Over the weekend I will be working on getting an update put together. I'd like the app to work on every size screen, so far the smallest screens get pinched so bad it's unreadable. Working on a fix for this. May have to completely rewrite it so that if it detects a small screen it splits it up into 2 screens. I'm still trying to determine what would be the best way to go about giving it a more attractive UI, and implementing a 7 day history, amongst other features. If anyone gets any use out of it, please consider making a donation to help out, shooting for the LiveCode Commercial license someday!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: