Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: escrow laws in the UK  (Read 2507 times)
Ford (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:21:50 AM

I am trying to find simple, layman understandable, UK laws on operating an escrow service.
I am making the assumption that the UK laws that apply to Fiat currencies (ie UKPOUND) will also apply to BTC escrows.

I would be very grateful if anyone could provide me some basic details or point me in the right direction.

In addition, if the escrow service was offered worldwide, would this mean other countries regulations/laws would also apply (or be wise to abide by)?

Thanks
Ford

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:43:50 AM

Consider offshore jurisdiction without any regulations and accounting requirements, e.g. British Virgin Islands.
BVI also has high company owners' secrecy and never disclose data to the tax authorities of the foreign countries.
imfed

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:48:45 PM

I am trying to find simple, layman understandable, UK laws on operating an escrow service.
I am making the assumption that the UK laws that apply to Fiat currencies (ie UKPOUND) will also apply to BTC escrows.

I would be very grateful if anyone could provide me some basic details or point me in the right direction.

In addition, if the escrow service was offered worldwide, would this mean other countries regulations/laws would also apply (or be wise to abide by)?

Thanks
Ford

If you want a simple answer take a look at existing escrow services like www.transpact.com

They are registered with

- the Financial Conduct Authority as authorised payment institution

- HM Revenue & Customs as a money services business

You can find more information if you search for 'UK Payment Services Regulations' e.g. here:
http://www.fca.org.uk/firms/firm-types/payment-services-institutions/psr-faqs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: