Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX Support MIA - Are they stealing customer funds?  (Read 4122 times)
not.you (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:24:53 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 02:09:52 PM by not.you

I generated a brand new BTC deposit address at CampBX on Monday night.  I sent 1 BTC to this address without including a fee.  It did not get picked up in a block until about 16 hours later.  At first my CampBX account showed a pending deposit.  By the time the transfer was picked up on the blockchain my CampBX account no longer showed a pending deposit.  The transfer has long since been fully confirmed now though and still my CampBX account shows nothing.  I opened a support ticket on CampBX as soon as I had 6 confirmations and my CampBX account still showed nothing since they say it should be available in my account after 6 confirms.  And the result...nothing.  No response at all.  No activity on my ticket.  Big black hole.

Edited: I had said the transaction was Tuesday night but it was Monday night.

Edited thread title
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrtchipr

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:26:40 PM

Try complaining to them on Facebook. They're support ticket system is a joke.

Also one thing I learned from using CampBX. Never use CampBX.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:39:11 PM

Try complaining to them on Facebook. They're support ticket system is a joke.

Also one thing I learned from using CampBX. Never use CampBX.

I have purposely avoided ever creating a facebook account but maybe I should get a throwaway for that.  At least it would make my complaint highly visible so they may have some motivation to fix it.  Thanks for the idea.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:48:26 PM

My experience has been that they will get back to you, but they are pretty slow.. expect at least a day or two.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:07:41 PM

My experience has been that they will get back to you, but they are pretty slow.. expect at least a day or two.

I misspoke in my first post, it was actually Monday.  It was Tuesday when I opened the support ticket so this morning was the 2 day mark for the non-responsiveness of their support.  With BTC price heading up again it would be really nice to get it back today.  But honestly this is entirely a problem on their end.  They gave me the address and I sent the BTC.  I could have included a fee to make sure it was confirmed faster but they say the address is good for 3 days so there really should be no issue here.  I should not have to make a big deal to get access to my own BTC on their exchange.

The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:00:49 PM

I am in pretty much this exact same situation.  I made a deposit on Monday that didn't confirm in a timely manner and disappeared from pending before it confirmed.  It since confirmed (roughly 72 hours ago), and I immedaitely opened a ticket when I noticed the problem.  A few hours later, I PM'd the alleged owner of CampBX on this forum because I was concerend based on other posts that the ticket might not be visible to them since it wasn't assigned to anyone.  Beyond that, I waited because a lot of posts on this forum say the site says 3 business days for ticket response.  Now that it has been 3 full business days since I opened the ticket, I figured I'd better post publicly.  To be fair, I noticed just before posting that my ticket is finally assigned to "Camp BX Support" (although it still has no response).  Additionally, on Monday, thinking it wouldn't confirm at all, I made a second deposit (with extra fee) that went through fine and quickly, exchanged those BTC, and withdrew the fiat, which has since showed up in my bank.  Moreover, while the PM has gone unanswered, the profile shows that he hasn't been active on the forum since before I sent it.  Nonetheless, with all the other semi-current not obviously resolved posts  in the forum, I'm as nervous as anyone, but I am hopeful that they are just moving painfully slow due to overwhelming activity.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

I also PM'd keyur and I also have had no response.  My ticket also went from unassigned to assigned to CampBX Support but my suspicion is that was an automatic thing.  Still a whole lot of nothing for me.  I did also use a facebook account to post to their facebook page and I see that another person with the exact same scenario has also posted to their facebook page.  So looks like CampBX support is either really slow or non-existent.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:04:55 AM

Complaints piling up on facebook page with zero response from CampBX.  Scammer accusations incoming.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 07:02:54 AM

I've got money @ CampBX (Sent a check to them weeks ago), but I have a "Dwolla Hold" on my account, even thogh I"ve never used Dwolla. It says hold for 90 days. I"ve opened multiple tickets to support in the past 2 weeks, some of which were replied to, one of which said that the BTC withdarws would be available for me now and to try again (they still are not).

I have posted on facebook, the post was replied to then removed, they replied saying they would get back to me in a couple hours (and never did).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:47:06 PM

I just tried to send an email to support@campbx.com which they have listed on their facebook page.  But the numnuts have this configured internally as a distribution list which means you can't email it from an external address.  Boy that inspires some confidence!  Honestly I am amazed this place has been around this long but it totally explains why the volume on this exchange has gone down so much.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:05:47 AM

Yeah you can't reply to their kayako support tickets either when they email you, if you reply to the email it bounces.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
The00Dustin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:57:22 AM

I received a response to the PM and the ticket this morning.  The ticket states that I sent the BTC to an expired address (I didn't).  It also states that there is a $150/hr fee for recovering funds to expired addresses that will be waived since this is the first time this happened.  Finally, it states that it will take a couple weeks for the BTC to be recovered.  As such, it looks like this will be resolved eventually.  I will update this ticket again if it does.

Regarding the $150/hr fee, that may not be unreasonable if I had actually sent funds to an address that was properly and clearly expired, but they don't say how many hours it would take to perform the recovery, so it could be unreasonable, too.

All of that having been said, I will reply to the PM regarding the apparent problem with "expired addresses" that several people are having, even though I suspect they are aware of the two issues I percieve.  Those two issues are as follows:

1) Addresses expire far sooner than the site says they will
2) Addresses expire while funds are pending

IMO, neither of these things should ever happen.  My PM will probably be later, as my Internet connection is very flaky right now and I'll be lucky if this even posts.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:04:27 PM

I received a response to the PM and the ticket this morning.  The ticket states that I sent the BTC to an expired address (I didn't).  It also states that there is a $150/hr fee for recovering funds to expired addresses that will be waived since this is the first time this happened.  Finally, it states that it will take a couple weeks for the BTC to be recovered.  As such, it looks like this will be resolved eventually.  I will update this ticket again if it does.

Regarding the $150/hr fee, that may not be unreasonable if I had actually sent funds to an address that was properly and clearly expired, but they don't say how many hours it would take to perform the recovery, so it could be unreasonable, too.

All of that having been said, I will reply to the PM regarding the apparent problem with "expired addresses" that several people are having, even though I suspect they are aware of the two issues I percieve.  Those two issues are as follows:

1) Addresses expire far sooner than the site says they will
2) Addresses expire while funds are pending

IMO, neither of these things should ever happen.  My PM will probably be later, as my Internet connection is very flaky right now and I'll be lucky if this even posts.

I have received the exact same response, I bet they just copied and pasted it into all of their "expiring address" tickets.  They also closed my ticket, how thoughtful of them to close it before they resolved it.  Nevertheless it is now marked as "resolved" in their ticketing system. 

CrapBX is a joke.  This entire "feature" is something only they do and like you my address seems to have expired while coins were in transit.  The website says the address expires in 3 days but in reality it expired in less than 12 hours.  My transaction was fully confirmed inside of 3 days, and yet they use this whole thing as an excuse to hold my BTC while it hits new all time highs and threaten to charge me a fee just for depositing to the exchange next time this happens?!???!  Well there won't ever be a next time at this POS exchange!
The00Dustin

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:47:26 PM

I have received the exact same response, I bet they just copied and pasted it into all of their "expiring address" tickets.  They also closed my ticket, how thoughtful of them to close it before they resolved it.  Nevertheless it is now marked as "resolved" in their ticketing system. 

CrapBX is a joke.  This entire "feature" is something only they do and like you my address seems to have expired while coins were in transit.  The website says the address expires in 3 days but in reality it expired in less than 12 hours.  My transaction was fully confirmed inside of 3 days, and yet they use this whole thing as an excuse to hold my BTC while it hits new all time highs and threaten to charge me a fee just for depositing to the exchange next time this happens?!???!  Well there won't ever be a next time at this POS exchange!
Well, I hadn't looked in a while, but when I looked this morning, my ticket was closed too.  I hope this means the sysadmin task or whatever is tracked separately from the ticket.  They said 1-2 weeks and it hasn't even been 1 yet, so I'll post another report when I see funds or that window passes without funds.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:33:53 PM

I didn't have the BTC posting problems you did, but I am waiting for some funds from them. They said the first transfer would take 7-10 business days. It has been way more than that, and still nothing 2 support tickets later.

The latest support ticket said that they were backlogged...blah blah blah..

Pathetic customer service by CampBX. Avoid them like the plague.
The00Dustin

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:23:36 AM

The 1-2 week window I was given has passed.  There has been no communication from CampBX on this issue.  Sadly, I am not surprised based on a number of other CampBX posts made in the past year that I have read.  I will continue to document here if there is additional information or when my BTC are credited to my account.  This behavior has all of the warning signs one should watch for when attempting to avoid scams, but it is also plausible that there is a huge backlog due to things that were going on at CampBX and on the bitcoin network when this issue occurred for me.

To be fair, I have seen other people post that their issues were finally resolved (after much longer than two weeks waiting).

Moreover, the 1-2 week window fell over Thanksgiving.

Finally, my issue occurred due to a huge transaction backlog in the bitcoin network, which makes it more likely that other people experienced the same issue for the same reason.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:42:52 AM

Same thing here. They gave me the 1-2 week thing. Sent my coins around the same time you guys did. It's been almost three weeks now, and haven't heard anything yet.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:39:45 AM

Over six weeks and I'm still waiting to hear back about my "missing" $1,000 - "missing" defined as "we cashed your money orders on 10/27 and decided not to credit you, but rather to tell you we never received them". Here's some of their bullshit responses in my useless ticket:

"Our bank is looking in to your deposits. Surprisingly, bank also does not see them in their logs. Please be patient - banks take their own time." (from 11/8/13)

"Our senior Rep is looking at this issue and resolve., Thanks for the patience and cooperation." (from 12/1/13)

ScaryHash

Activity: 529

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:13:30 AM

They are doing some serious arbitrage with our money, there is no other explanation for it.

I sold a fraction of a BTC at the peak of the market. They claimed that they could not deposit the money into my bank account.

I checked with the bank, and the bank can actually tell if anybody tried to do an ACH transfer, even it it's a messed up one.

They never even did one. Now they claim that they had to return my money, knowing that I would have to buy BTC to transfer it out.

I suffered a small loss. Lesson learned. Not a big deal, but I will not be using Camp BX anymore.
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:18:40 AM

They are doing some serious arbitrage with our money, there is no other explanation for it.

I sold a fraction of a BTC at the peak of the market. They claimed that they could not deposit the money into my bank account.

I checked with the bank, and the bank can actually tell if anybody tried to do an ACH transfer, even it it's a messed up one.

They never even did one. Now they claim that they had to return my money, knowing that I would have to buy BTC to transfer it out.

I suffered a small loss. Lesson learned. Not a big deal, but I will not be using Camp BX anymore.

Thank you for posting this update - it will be helpful to many people.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: