Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for dragonkid , Sending wallet stealing trojan  (Read 2905 times)
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:32:53 PM

I meant DHCP. DHCP is used on the internet as well. ISP will use it to give IPs to cable and DSL modems. It's not boring. I have 15 clients I manage, meaning about 20 locations, 15 sets of politics, 15 budgets, 15 different sets of applications and 15 different processes. It's never boring and always busy.

You said you deal with static IP's all day long. If you have to deal with Static IP's all day long while working in IT, there must be something seriously wrong with their networks.

Only 15? You sound like a kid that has just got his first job in IT.
Very smart for his age.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:33:00 PM

I meant DHCP. DHCP is used on the internet as well. ISP will use it to give IPs to cable and DSL modems. It's not boring. I have 15 clients I manage, meaning about 20 locations, 15 sets of politics, 15 budgets, 15 different sets of applications and 15 different processes. It's never boring and always busy.

You said you deal with static IP's all day long. If you have to deal with Static IP's all day long while working in IT, there must be something seriously wrong with their networks.

Why don't we dedicate this thread to the dragonkid scammer ?
KnCMiningOp

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:48:45 AM

Yup Servers, switches, ISPs, printers, DNS and other misc. network gear. When you are the only IT guy for 15 businesses and helping out with their day to day IT operations it gets pretty hectic. How may IT jobs have you had?
joeyjoe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:44:29 PM

Yup Servers, switches, ISPs, printers, DNS and other misc. network gear. When you are the only IT guy for 15 businesses and helping out with their day to day IT operations it gets pretty hectic. How may IT jobs have you had?

I'm 24 and currently a manager for an IT support and services company in London, proving support to around 30 financial companies, and personal support for 6 top level bankers and CEO's. Why don't you / your company hire another person? When we had 15 companies, we hired 3 support guys, plus a team of developers. If you provide 24/7 support to 15 companies, you must at least be taking in 10 - 20k from each contract. Makes sense really. Also where are you from? We're hiring in New York / Hong Kong.

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:53:49 PM

I'm 24 and currently a manager for an IT support and services company in London, proving support to around 30 financial companies, and personal support for 6 top level bankers and CEO's. Why don't you / your company hire another person? When we had 15 companies, we hired 3 support guys, plus a team of developers. If you provide 24/7 support to 15 companies, you must at least be taking in 10 - 20k from each contract. Makes sense really. Also where are you from? We're hiring in New York / Hong Kong.

Our company has 16 people. All of the 11 techs have 10-15 clients. We are Chicago based. The contracts are fixed price and a couple are in that range, but most are not. It really depends on how much of my time the client wants every month.
joeyjoe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:59:10 PM

Why have a guy per 15 companies. What happens if that person is off sick for a week? or even if that person decides to leave suddenly? Also you manage the budgets yourself for each of the companies? Funny way of doing things! 10-20k should just be for the support contract of 24/7 support, time onsite should be charged per hour extra. 15 companies should be bringing in around 250k a year. Worth having 1 guy per 5 companies to take the load off and being able to work on other projects. Sounds like a risky business model.

moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:21:32 PM

Why the fuck are you talking about that fucking offtopic thing ? Make a damned thread "How I run my shit", this is a special one for the scammer dragonkid.
joeyjoe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

Why the fuck are you talking about that fucking offtopic thing ? Make a damned thread "How I run my shit", this is a special one for the scammer dragonkid.

He's a scammer and we deemed that already. He probably has exhausted that account and is currently getting his post count up on another account.

moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

He's a scammer and we deemed that already. He probably has exhausted that account and is currently getting his post count up on another account.

So your reasoning is that now this thread is free to be used for everything else ? ...
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:40:49 PM

Why have a guy per 15 companies. What happens if that person is off sick for a week? or even if that person decides to leave suddenly? Also you manage the budgets yourself for each of the companies? Funny way of doing things! 10-20k should just be for the support contract of 24/7 support, time onsite should be charged per hour extra. 15 companies should be bringing in around 250k a year. Worth having 1 guy per 5 companies to take the load off and being able to work on other projects. Sounds like a risky business model.

Money. The more clients a guy can take on the more money they make. I would say I'm bringing in about $200K in billable time per year. We advertise 24/7 support and have one guy on call every week, but there very few calls after hours. I don't have any clients that run 24/7 so it's mostly people working from home or travelers in other time zones that I get calls from once in a while. It is an issue when someone leaves or is sick, but they have been doing it like this for many many years and are comfy with their business model. When a tech leaves a client or two will drop, but the majority of that techs clients will be moved to another tech. There is a pretty high turnover rate. Most guys can't drive 90% of the time and be eating lunch in their car 4/5 days a week. I've gotten used to it and it has become a routine, but I'm on the market looking for something more grounded.
joeyjoe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:29:16 PM

We have techs that specialize in areas. Everyone works with every company. If a client needs a website changed or redesigned, one main person will deal with that. If equipment is out of date and needs to be renewed, someone else deals with that. 1st line support team, 2nd line support team etc. If a client drops, it's not a big deal, but it goes against what we're trying to do. Every client has so far bought another client with them to us. Actually we did drop one client. She is a multimillionaire that ran the top company in her field for a long time, but she would argue over a £14 phone bill. Wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

We have techs that specialize in areas. Everyone works with every company. If a client needs a website changed or redesigned, one main person will deal with that. If equipment is out of date and needs to be renewed, someone else deals with that. 1st line support team, 2nd line support team etc. If a client drops, it's not a big deal, but it goes against what we're trying to do. Every client has so far bought another client with them to us. Actually we did drop one client. She is a multimillionaire that ran the top company in her field for a long time, but she would argue over a £14 phone bill. Wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

It is the exact opposite. Every guy does everything for their client. I spend a lot of time on the phone with support on clients products/hardware and always ask for the client to buy support and maint. agreements since there is so many different technologies and applications between all my clients. I can't know everything. Specializing would be nice Smiley Great experience, but I'm ready to move on.

We have never dropped a client. The tech has to deal with stuff like that. Since dropping a client also means loosing money.
moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:57:38 PM

Now please let's also discuss about cats, dogs, and how awesome you all are.
KnCMiningOp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:59:33 PM

Now please let's also discuss about cats, dogs, and how awesome you all are.

Sure I'll start. I had dogs growing up they are awesome. I do like cats as well, but never had one. How about you?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: