Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The end is near! My mum is thinking of buying Bitcoins.  (Read 4155 times)
Shermo (OP)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:38:35 AM

The end is finally near guys, this morning I got a lift from my mum. She knows I've got some bitcoins and laughed at it as a silly investment. But this morning she was asking me more about it and said she is thinking of cashing in some investments that are doing nothing to buy some bitcoins.

She said she was reassured after reading about what occurred with the US senate yesterday and the amount of coverage in the news including the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24986264

Good times ahead I think Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:42:07 AM

Ye I bought for some family members @ $250, they are ecstatic right now. Smiley

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:49:21 AM

Bad times ahead as the masses move in:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/19/congressional-hearings-on-bitcoin/

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Shermo (OP)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:51:55 AM

Acceptance and taxation is not a bad thing, its a good thing. I have no qualms paying taxes on my profits if doing that means more people buy and use bitcoins and thus my profits are more than they would have been otherwise! Smiley
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

This from one that:  just a few days ago said that bitcoin could take over the world
          a day later :  "I'm having 2nd thoughts"
                     now:  bitcon

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:41:54 PM

The end is finally near guys, this morning I got a lift from my mum. She knows I've got some bitcoins and laughed at it as a silly investment. But this morning she was asking me more about it and said she is thinking of cashing in some investments that are doing nothing to buy some bitcoins.

She said she was reassured after reading about what occurred with the US senate yesterday and the amount of coverage in the news including the BBC.

Well historically in other markets when the uninformed investor jumps in with both feet the market peaks and they suffer.  It is generally seen as a sign of the end of a bull run.  Gold, dotcom, bonds.  The clueless investor first laughs it off, they starts to wonder if the should be invested, then works up the courage and by the time they commit they are at the tail end of the bubble.

If you like your Mom and she is absolutely convinced she needs to do this I would tell her to decide on how much she wants to invest, then divide that by five and buy 1/5th each month for the next five months. 
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:11:20 PM

Food for thought:

Quote from: Fred Wilson
"A friend of mine has a great line. He says 'Nothing important has ever been built without irrational exuberance'. Meaning that you need some of this mania to cause investors to open up their pocketbooks and finance the building of the railroads or the automobile or aerospace industry or whatever. And in this case, much of the capital invested was lost, but also much of it was invested in a very high throughput backbone for the Internet, and lots of software that works, and databases and server structure. All that stuff has allowed what we have today, which has changed all our lives...that's what all this speculative mania built".[5]

Tulips are a billion dollar industry these days, BTW. Just not the same bulbs.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:01:11 PM

She should tell her friends, especially any who run a business. Guardian.com and the Daily Telegraph also ran very positive pieces yesterday and day before, so she's got an angle with the liberals and the conservatives

Vires in numeris
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:54:53 PM

This from one that:  just a few days ago said that bitcoin could take over the world

I agreed bitCON would likely exponentially grow in market cap into the $trillions. I still do.

It is a ponzi scheme and that is mathematically undeniable.

I hope you like paying 300% taxes and going to jail from aiding and abetting a ponzi scheme.

The masses will lose everything. And so the few who cash out, will face retribution.

You have no rebuttal unless you are a math retard (which is very likely) or your pre-frontal cortex has been shut down by the dopamine the recent gains are spiking into your thus atrophied brain.

What is your rebuttal now smartass (who argues by character assassination and can't even get my historical position correctly summarized).

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

Your mom has clearly got her heart and her brains in the right place..

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:57:01 PM

Is this the end...or just the beginning?Huh Cheesy

TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:05:22 PM

Acceptance and taxation is not a bad thing

is this a joke

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:17:43 AM

Well historically in other markets when the uninformed investor jumps in with both feet the market peaks and they suffer.  It is generally seen as a sign of the end of a bull run.  Gold, dotcom, bonds.  The clueless investor first laughs it off, they starts to wonder if the should be invested, then works up the courage and by the time they commit they are at the tail end of the bubble.

If you like your Mom and she is absolutely convinced she needs to do this I would tell her to decide on how much she wants to invest, then divide that by five and buy 1/5th each month for the next five months. 

Why in the world in bitcoin would you purposely wait to invest over 5 months?!?  Are you mad?  The price could (should) be $1000 by then.  She could get twice as many bitcoins if she buys them immediately.  Take your horrible advice and go back to the stock market with it.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:24:48 AM

Why in the world in bitcoin would you purposely wait to invest over 5 months?!?  Are you mad?  The price could (should) be $1000 by then.  She could get twice as many bitcoins if she buys them immediately.  Take your horrible advice and go back to the stock market with it.

So she could double the investment or lose all of it compared to 1 or 2/5... Hmm...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:06:31 AM

Buy her some! or make her buy some for everyone! But it might not even rise anymore!

theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:42:55 AM

Buy her some! or make her buy some for everyone! But it might not even rise anymore!

Oh but it will.

Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:12:42 PM

You think you have it bad my mum owns 14 BTC im not kidding  Shocked

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:09:52 PM

I agreed bitCON would likely exponentially grow in market cap into the $trillions. I still do.

I hope you like paying 300% taxes and going to jail from aiding and abetting a ponzi scheme.

You're either an idiot, or a bad troll. Either way, you deserve to be ignored.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
coreli

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:05:47 PM

You're either an idiot, or a bad troll. Either way, you deserve to be ignored.

I don't understand why they even bother posting if that's how they really feel.

Back on topic, this kinda thing is fantastic. Shows how acceptable bitcoin is becoming and how quickly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: