Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN?  (Read 3292 times)
janaiz

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:57:40 PM

Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.

Tokens issued today are built atop Ethereum, the second most valuable cryptocurrency on the market. Ethereum is like bitcoin because it is a tradable digital currency, which is called ether. ... The Ethereum network itself is being used as a giant token-issuing machine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
princess.tyche

Activity: 110
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:16:56 AM

You can just see it as a stock. Every company has their own stock to be sold, same with ICO, each of them have their own token to be sold. Once you have the token, you can keep it or trade it. If the price is great you can sell it right away, if it's not just keep it for a while. You can always exchange it into ethereum then exchange it again into bitcoin. It's up to you.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:24:14 AM

each coin have their own purpose. you can read it in their whitepaper or in their site. for the coins you have or the coins you want to buy you can search their purpose. from the beginning after the success of bitcoin altcoins are created to cover up the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it.
mcqueen95

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

A token is actually nothing more than a new term currencies is an activity that doesn't seem to be restricted to central banks anymore. Bitcoin is the best example of how. from a private environment, a blockchain-bassed virtual currency can be rolled out in the market.

But bitcoin was just the beginning of a fully fledged revolution, the second step of wich might very well be the tokens.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:57:57 AM

tokens are symbols of shares and they are created for funding and project development globally, each token has their own roadmap and advantages and you just need to keep up their progress actively to see when they will be listing in the market and moving forward. Of course not all tokens are good but it also depends on our analysis to actively follow it.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:01:17 AM

Tokens are the currency or the coin a particular project chooses to use for the advancement of their project. Holders of a particular token contribute to the development of a particular project by buying the tokens with fiat or higher cryptos like bitcoin or ethereum. The project uses the higher crypto or fiat to help develop their project by propelling their own coin with the money/crypto raised from their token sales. You may have to hold some tokens for a long time before they can actually become worth to buy a higher currency like bitcoin.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:46:56 AM

The main purpose of token for Users is to use the token in the system that the ICO issuers provide, The ico organizers don't really need to give the tokens to users to make it's system useable, but they do that because that's their way to earn money, they sell the tokens for users and then the money they get is being used for development and social marketing( no to mention that a large amount of that money just goes as profit for organizers, and that's the way that most of them just exit the project without finishing because they already got their money in their hands).

Thats connect to scamming,and as we know more than legitimate ico projects are damn scammers
Thats why we must be aware before trusting those ico,because you'll never know that you already become a victim.

Token is a generosity used by project to give from their investors and campaign participants,in which can be used when their project starts and operation otherwise you can convert it to ethereum and from etreum to bitcoin,and from bitcoin to fiats just to reclaim your money
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:45:21 AM

The role of tokens is to distribute the benefits of bitcoin's online bitcoin, an incentive that, as a consensus, allows the miners to work hard to mine and maintain the network.

Based on Ethernet fang platform such as the decentralization of application also need tokens, can reasonable distribution of benefits, the main reason why block chain is the production relations, is because the chain of blocks technology can perfectly distribution of benefits for different participants. The recognition of the distribution rules of this interest is a consensus.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:27:15 AM

Token is a shortcut for businesses to create the crypto token they want to market and it supports many of the resources available to start your business idea, a customized token you can open the business doors for each company. These tokens can be created for fundraising purposes with the option to provide token holders with certain privileges as a form of incentive.
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:29:51 PM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.

Well, at least you are curious and want to learn more instead of just talking nonsense.

Now, Tokens and other altcoins exists not just because it is a great way to make money(although it mostly is). All these new tokens or coins that are popping out of nowhere or some of them are projects that aim to make a difference and add more solutions in the problems that most of us here in the crypto industry commonly have in our daily lives. In fact, some of these projects even make solutions for real world problems. There are also a lot of projects that aim to connect the real world and this industry to promote faster mass adoption. But sad thing is, there are only a few projects that are as authentic and are really good. So you should be careful if ever you's want to invest in ICOs.
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:35:41 PM

Thank you.

Well, it's something that's convertible to eth and to bitcoin.  Some companies created tokens for them to take advantage of, it's either they can get it by rewards or buying it as well.  Depending on what the companies are and the purpose of the token.  But yeah,  you can convert it. 
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

Thank you.
Tokens are bounties products or rewards for the participants as well as the investors for supporting their project in which theses tokens have their own purpose and even own equivalent value in terms of Bitcoin because tokens are also known as the altcoins which you can obtain from joining and participating into bounties and they will give this as a reward for your job well done which can be traded for a Bitcoin value. Its prices depends upon the success and the budget allocation for it so tokens do have different price values.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:48:12 PM

It depends on what token you have. Actually, every token in a project has a different purpose. So if you want to know, check the website of that project to know more about of its use. If you want to sell it, then you have to know where that token is being traded. To know more about, you follow their telegram account so that you can ask them questions and you can be updated.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
beleyeleazar

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:10:02 AM

Thank you.

Aside from the fact that you can happily exchange it to ETH, to Bitcoin, each token serves an underlying project where the funds will be used. Some are true and some are just bullshit and a scam. But the best way to use these tokens or alt coins at the moment is to trade it for ETH or BTC because these two are what I believe to be lasting for the years to come.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:43:12 AM

maybe you mean altcoin, to redeem your altcoin to bitcoin you have to know which market is providing that market. the creation of altcoin will be a support for bitcoin.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:52:23 AM

Thank you.
Tokens are bounties products or rewards for the participants as well as the investors for supporting their project in which theses tokens have their own purpose and even own equivalent value in terms of Bitcoin because tokens are also known as the altcoins which you can obtain from joining and participating into bounties and they will give this as a reward for your job well done which can be traded for a Bitcoin value. Its prices depends upon the success and the budget allocation for it so tokens do have different price values.
well i agree with you. although these people keep on saying the same things over and over again. token is what we also called crypto or should we say alternate coin/alt coin, and it serves as the currency. other definitions are already being given by some people here, aside from that those are also the rewards as they have once you participated in their ICO or their sale or whatever they call it, those participants are maybe for bounties while some are investors.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:59:20 AM

Thank you.

to simplify what tokens are, it is like a voucher that can be redeemed or used on a certain establishment who issued it, sort of a promotion to patronize their company, sometimes 3rd party company buys that voucher, that is where you earn a profit out of price surges. tokens are used to advertise a project, the more who buy tokens means more prospected clients.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:15:05 AM

Thank you.
In my opinion, tokens are used by the developers of a project who wantns to raise funds using cryptocurrency. They made tokens in order for the investors to but their token. When an ICO has been successful, tokens will become altcoin because it will goes to an exchange. In addition, tokens can be dividend or utility of a project.

Mylove risa

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:41:51 PM

this token in the future is expected to be of high value, depending on the success of the application developed by the ICO providers in solving the problem.

The token objective offers functionality over digital money. They can provide value to investors, beyond speculative returns. It can happen in many ways, though usually through repurchase (because dividend payments require regulatory issues). They can be used to hold votes by the community on key business decisions, or even technical changes to the platform.
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:07:50 PM

this token in the future is expected to be of high value, depending on the success of the application developed by the ICO providers in solving the problem.

The token objective offers functionality over digital money. They can provide value to investors, beyond speculative returns. It can happen in many ways, though usually through repurchase (because dividend payments require regulatory issues). They can be used to hold votes by the community on key business decisions, or even technical changes to the platform.

A token is actually nothing more than a new term to make reference to a unit of value issued by a private entity.   Although tokens bear many similarities with bitcoins they have a value attached to them which is accepted by a community and are blockchain-based, they serve a much broader purpose. Tokens are more than a currency because they can be used in a broader range of applications.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: