Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN?  (Read 3292 times)
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:20:10 PM

I get this.
I have the same question when I am just starting in crypto.
It is like shares of the company. Instead of just saying you have this part and putting it in a piece of paper then they will give you token instead.
There is no shareholders like the big companies, only those who will invest a lot will have the oppotunity to be like shareholders. This is better for me than thise kind.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen1989

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:24:13 PM

The ico organizers don't really need to give the tokens to users to make it's system useable, but they do that because that's their way to earn money, they sell the tokens for users and then the money they get is being used for development and social marketing( no to mention that a large amount of that money just goes as profit for organizers, and that's the way that most of them just exit the project without finishing because they already got their money in their hands).
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:36:17 PM

I get this.
It is like shares of the company. Instead of just saying you have this part and putting it in a piece of paper then they will give you token instead.
There is no shareholders like the big companies, only those who will invest a lot will have the oppotunity to be like shareholders. This is better for me than thise kind.
It is just like an investment on that company, or a way to have an access into their project. Some company creates token for their project and some make token to let their company or their project known. Anyways, this should be useful.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ikay

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:43:05 PM

The purpose of token is you can use it for any transaction payments, so definitely you can use it for what it really used and there is a lot of token which you can use to something that it has been used for so the token was created just for its needed.
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 09:45:02 PM

Token, can say, is a digital document that gives the right to something and can not be faked. Absolutely any business can be tokenized.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:13:44 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 01:38:59 AM by marcbitcoins

The main purpose of token for Users is to use the token in the system that the ICO issuers provide, The ico organizers don't really need to give the tokens to users to make it's system useable, but they do that because that's their way to earn money, they sell the tokens for users and then the money they get is being used for development and social marketing( no to mention that a large amount of that money just goes as profit for organizers, and that's the way that most of them just exit the project without finishing because they already got their money in their hands).

That is why Bitcoin is superior and unique against Altcoins because it doesn't need to be a utility token just to promote and advertise well their commodities in order to attract investors to pour their capitals to their coins but the good thing of these tokens they can be traded to Bitcoin to gain but still it will be in favor of Bitcoin because they are selling altcoins and buying Bitcoin.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:22:56 PM

Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.
TOKEN is from altcoin or alternative coin the tokens is using of ICO for there rewards in bounty and for investor. You can exchange it to btc if the token is listed to exchanges.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:24:44 PM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.

A little overview of what I understand about tokens. It is the medium used to trade because in cryptocurrency it is difficult for other people to trade using Fiat money. So a token is created to have a unique identity for every crypto and investors could easily follow the guidelines of each crypto.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:29:49 PM

Thank you.
The tokens are given to people who invested in the ICOs that the company launched, its like an evidence which shows that they have indeed invested in the the company and they can sell the tokens whenever they like. It’s like the stocks they have in a company.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:44:26 AM

Thank you.

Token is a form of merchandise that always available and ready to sell. this is also a partner of some exchanger for the purpose of generating income from token.
that's why  they create token. for Exchanger Income purposes. 
longskie0327

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:56:03 AM

I think every ico has its own token to give for those who join their campaign it is their mark that you belong to their campaign and that token will be exchange to market in a given time depending on the ico finished project, and then it will only be then to become money.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:11:28 AM

Thank you.

Tokens are just just terminology for crytpocurrency that are being launched by different ico's which are altcoins and the purpose of tokens is to circulate in the market in order for the price to grow even more and everyone who invest will become very wealthy in the future.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

Thank you.
The tokens are given to people who invested in the ICOs that the company launched, its like an evidence which shows that they have indeed invested in the the company and they can sell the tokens whenever they like. It’s like the stocks they have in a company.

That or for promotions. Usually these are given for free in airdrops and bounties or given at huge discounts prior to their launch sale. It's a way to make people invest in projects by giving away cheap or free stocks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

I get this.
The purposes of tokens are considered a credit to investors, they raise capital on the market and place their bets on tokens to investors. So investors are confident to invest money in them and hold tokens to see it as a promise to generate income for investors in the future. Many believe in tokens and they have become richer.

serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:39:32 PM

As far as i can understand projects uses their token to keep their transaction going. This token serves as their ticket to enter the business. In other way this token keep their investor and client avail their service or product
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:16:22 PM

Token is an cash of the electronic is made in the ICO ICO session may be a raw for a network mesh activity or the swap unit in a Token application is released on a coin platform of which. it  PURPOSE OF TOKEN
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:29:54 PM

Thank you.
Token are alternate crypto coin that are supported by ERC20 which can be trade in the exchange where it is being listed. This can help to have ethereum coin which can be used to buy bitcoin depends on it exchange. Some are directly change in bitcoin depends on the team that created it.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:45:03 PM

As far as i know, they have site for their token and that site will have the information that you need in order to determine if what is the purpose of your particular token or what it is all about. A token is mostly from the ethereum blockchain and they created token because of their ideas that they want to share to other people to possibly solve a current issue.
13risingforce

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

I think the purpose and mission of each token is for a payment system, but no one forbids to make a token an asset that can be invested because of the high enough value of the token. And each different token has a purpose for different payment systems, such as for payment of transformation tools, health care payments and more.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:58:59 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 04:44:51 PM by bohr

Thank you.
Useless tokens keep being created because some people see this market as an opportunity to enrich themselves, the same happened with the dotcom bubble, there were very serious companies that have become incredibly powerful but there were also many companies that disappeared after a few years and the same is happening with the market of icos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: