Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use Virwox???  (Read 3228 times)
Lucky Cris (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:20:16 AM

Okay... so I'm a semi-satisfied customer of Virwox for 118 days now.

I won't complain of the fact that my account level is still only at a level 2 because I switched payment methods... or how I have to email support for them to grant my withdrawal request sooner than the 48 hours for new accounts -

Something strange just happened and I don't know what to expect.... after purchasing SLL and converting to BTC, I got the 48 hour wait message again. As usual, I email support. I hit refresh, and I get this error message (red text), telling me that the market changed and it wasn't in my favor. Okay, price of BTC went up 1 USD from the time I placed my order and clicking submit; hooptee do. Anyways, I'm checking my transaction history and it says Assigned Error 500. No biggie except that there's no BTC in account!

Has this ever happened to any of you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:45:32 AM

Anyone?

Or does everyone else have better means to obtain coins?

bitcoiner222

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The world is fantastic :D

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:02:21 AM

Hi,

Do not use VirWox! I was there for a time too and after a few weeks they closed my account because of "money laundring" -have done transactions with one amount over 1 BTC (that time ca. 500 USD)- and they call it money laundring  Huh

And the fees of them are for most of the payment options very high: Up to 35% for some payment methods there (You have to transfer to SLL first).

I can only say you that it would be better for you and your BTC to withdraw the amount you have on you account (maybe via PP or Wire transfer), if you do not want to have the same trouble as I had.

You can use for example www.bitstamp.net or our business www.BTC-Exchange.info (good reviews on bitcointalk) for buying BTC cheap, anonymous and secure. We offer the following payment methods: PaySafeCard, Ukash, International bank transfer (only 3% fees) and Cash by Mail.

If there are any questions, feel free to contact me or our 24/7 costumer support with 6 operators who will answer within minutes after receiving an order or a support request.

Cheers
Bitcoiner222
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:21:50 PM

Anyone?

Depends on your preferred methods of paying.

VirWoX is the only exchange that accepted PayPal and credit cards now for _years_. You pay a premium for that of course.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
stuffcoins

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:41:06 PM

Anyone?

I've used Virwox to move SLL -> BTC before, then they stopped accepting SLL deposits so I've used them a few times to go Paypal -> SLL -> BTC. I've never had any issues and they've always responded to my support requests.

I wouldn't use them anymore though, the fees are just ridiculous. I wish we could still deposit SLL. I'm just using CoinBase now and things are a lot easier.
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:48:54 PM

Yes, the fees are terrible; but compared to LBC... it's a deal! I stopped using Coinbase, so when BTCquick doesn't have any (like now), what other choice do I have Sad

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:50:45 PM

Hi,

Do not use VirWox! I was there for a time too and after a few weeks they closed my account because of "money laundring" -have done transactions with one amount over 1 BTC (that time ca. 500 USD)- and they call it money laundring  Huh

And the fees of them are for most of the payment options very high: Up to 35% for some payment methods there (You have to transfer to SLL first).

I can only say you that it would be better for you and your BTC to withdraw the amount you have on you account (maybe via PP or Wire transfer), if you do not want to have the same trouble as I had.

You can use for example www.bitstamp.net or our business www.BTC-Exchange.info (good reviews on bitcointalk) for buying BTC cheap, anonymous and secure. We offer the following payment methods: PaySafeCard, Ukash, International bank transfer (only 3% fees) and Cash by Mail.

If there are any questions, feel free to contact me or our 24/7 costumer support with 6 operators who will answer within minutes after receiving an order or a support request.

Cheers
Bitcoiner222

Thanks Smiley  My problem is, when I decide to buy some, I want it now! lol. I don't want to wait several days, you know.

Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:53:59 AM

Anyone?

I've used Virwox to move SLL -> BTC before, then they stopped accepting SLL deposits so I've used them a few times to go Paypal -> SLL -> BTC. I've never had any issues and they've always responded to my support requests.

I wouldn't use them anymore though, the fees are just ridiculous. I wish we could still deposit SLL. I'm just using CoinBase now and things are a lot easier.

Same here. Makes me sad that I can´t exchange my SLL currency into bitcoins anymore. Sad
bitcoiner222

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The world is fantastic :D

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:17:34 AM

Hi,

Do not use VirWox! I was there for a time too and after a few weeks they closed my account because of "money laundring" -have done transactions with one amount over 1 BTC (that time ca. 500 USD)- and they call it money laundring  Huh

Cheers
Bitcoiner222

Thanks Smiley  My problem is, when I decide to buy some, I want it now! lol. I don't want to wait several days, you know.

Hi,

Well, if you use our business www.BTC-Exchange.info (trusted on bitcointalk), there is no waiting time over 1-2 hours to get the BTC. We've got 6 worldwide operating employees to exchange as quick as possible and for a great and helpful costumer support. If you decide to exchange with us, you do not need to verify in any way. Our service is 100% secure and anonymous, we only need your BTC adress for payout and an email (trashmail is OK too) to send you the status of your order.

Cheers
Bitcoiner222
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

Some strange things happening lately...

My account level went from a Level 3, to 2, then back to Level 1 - now 2 again. Now they've lowered the daily deposit limit for the account levels! WTF? I've always held that Virwox was a better deal to buy with Paypal but it's getting to the point where this method isn't even worth it anymore.

Booo! I'm not promoting this anymore.

msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

I've been buying through Virwox since July with no trouble, and I made a USD withdrawal today, which was processed immediately. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: