Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lmao @ people buying subway and etc w/ BTC!!!  (Read 5470 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:45:22 AM

Are you f***ing serious?? lol.... You do realize that in a year or two, that BTC you just spent is gonna be worth a lot more... congratulations, you just bought a sandwich for $300 LOL!! These stores are smart to accept bitcoins and store as much as they can early on

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:47:00 AM

I only buy other BTCs with my BTC... that's how savvy I am.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:47:06 AM

Unless no one spends their coins, in which case in a year or two your BTC will be worth 0
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:48:31 AM

Are you f***ing serious?? lol.... You do realize that in a year or two, that BTC you just spent is gonna be worth a lot more... congratulations, you just bought a sandwich for $300 LOL!! These stores are smart to accept bitcoins and store as much as they can early on

are you serious? when you buy BTC, just buy more by the amount you'd be willing to spend in cash. unless you're talking about people who are willing to starve themselves to become rich on BTC one day.

also encouraging people to hoard their BTC is not really going to help the value of yours.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:49:32 AM

Good that there are people like me that actually spend bitcoin and encourage merchants to accept it. Not even going to comment on the other crap you wrote.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:49:46 AM

There has to be buying and selling for it to work.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:49:58 AM

So your plan is to keep all your bitcoin and bring them with you in your tomb? Yeah, nice strategy.  Roll Eyes

jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:50:25 AM

I wouldnt work if no one was buying !
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:52:54 AM

are you serious? when you buy BTC, just buy more by the amount you'd be willing to spend in cash. unless you're talking about people who are willing to starve themselves to become rich on BTC one day.

also encouraging people to hoard their BTC is not really going to help the value of yours.

You're right... Im glad more stores are accepting bitcoin and im glad people are spending it. I dont mean to encourage hoarding at all, however i wouldn't spend mine at this stage

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:54:00 AM

It's with any currency, people go through hoarding (savings haha) and spending.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:57:43 AM

There has to be movement for the coin to have value, otherwise the economy stagnates, no one can do anything with it, less and less people have it or know someone that does... It has to spread to a certain % for it to be valuable. the more people can easily get it, spread it, use it, the more opportunities there are to spend it as it grows, more pressure from millions more people. It will grow, yes but be smart about how you spend it, and the more stores accept it, the less it will be hoarded.

they just gotta get the coins in their hands, to see how valuable they are, It's just better money.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:58:07 AM

This OP Cheesy

I used to have 10,000 bitcoins

spent it on shrooms in silkroad
cfrm

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:58:40 AM

So you are glad that people are spending bitcoins and that more merchants are accepting it, but LYAO @ people spending their bitcoins. Next time turn your brain on before posting.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:01:07 AM

It's the same with every bitcoin you change against dollars, euros etc.

Imagine: You buy a 1000 facebook shares for 20$ each. Then with the price at 30 you sell. Nice, 10 000$ profit and you buy a nice car (30 000$). But in the year 2025 this facebook share is worth 1000$.  HAHA -> expensive car (assume the car cost the same).

The only way to escape from this: Never sell Bitcoins. Stick with it until you die!

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:19:10 AM

What if the merchant gives a 50% discount for using BTC?

Customer: gets $10 sandwich for $5. Spends $5 and gets more BTC
Merchant: gets $5 worth of bitcoins today, but will be worth $10+ with patience.

WIN-WIN. The advantages of a strong currency in action - encouraging work and production.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:47:02 AM

I'd buy a subway sandwich for BTC then log on my computer and buy the equivalent back from the exchange.
Sustainable

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:47:56 AM

Stop being a moron, this is a global effort not about cash.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
unequal

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:29:09 AM

those saying you shouldn't spend your bitcoins because it will make you rich one day should also be thinking, "hey why not have ONLY bitcoin and convert to fiat for purchases I cant make without bitcoin, and buy everything else with bitcoin"

you aren't going to stop eating, paying rent, going on vacation, going out with friends, living your life just because you want to hoard all the bitcoins you have. you will naturally begin to spend bitcoins as you need to and the bitcoin economy will flourish.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:40:31 PM

What if the merchant gives a 50% discount for using BTC?

Customer: gets $10 sandwich for $5. Spends $5 and gets more BTC
Merchant: gets $5 worth of bitcoins today, but will be worth $10+ with patience.

WIN-WIN. The advantages of a strong currency in action - encouraging work and production.

Man, your awesome. if we can get a clear growth pattern happening that is a win-win for sure...
Wow I have to look into that.

http://blockchain.info/charts/trade-volume?showDataPoints=false&show_header=true&daysAverageString=1&timespan=all&scale=1&address=

The data on the logarithmic scale shows well supplied capital liquidity... and a clear growth pattern.

http://blockchain.info/charts/market-price?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=1&address=

total price is increasing but seems to have changed it's tempo, probably caused by media attention, there is a big lull when confidence was lost in 2011, but slowly returned.

As far as I can tell it's where it is supposed to be for the slope of growth at this time should be stable at 1000.00 by 2014.

yup very good idea

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

So your laughing at me for buying stuff at a discount? I buy bitcoins, wait a month, then go 1/2 price shopping. Hahaha...  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: