Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spent over 1000USD  (Read 2928 times)
v0yager

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:20:05 PM

I have 2.69 bitcoins and the total amount I bought them for (at different rates obviously) is 867GBP = 1300USD Sad Price is still very low Sad Will we ever see an increase to make a return on investment?

Nope, sorry. Incase you didn't know this already, but BTC was actually nothing more than tulip mania - that is what you are seeing unfold for more than a year. The floor will be dictated by the amounts of drugs bought using bitcoin. So guess it's not really tulip mania Smiley Expect $1-5 by the end of the year.

When prices were rising, all the people were talking about $10,000, while the prices fall people always say "we will hit $10 tomorrow". Please do not enlarge what are happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:43:49 PM

Wow. Posting in epic thread.

The only thing lacking is a grilled cheese sandwich.

<snip>

Surely we can all agree that grilled cheese sandwiches are both grilled and contain cheese?

No, I have to take exception with this.  What people purport to be grilling is actually frying as the sandwich (containing non-grilled cheese I should add) is actually cooked on a flat griddle and not on a grill.  Also, any attempt to grill cheese for a sandwich would result in a gooey mess and more than likely a small fire.

I, sir, take offence at your exception. Clearly your suggestion that a small fire would result from any attempt to grill cheese is outrageous speculation, and to do so discredits all rational debate as to whether a griddle is capable of grilling. Never in my life have I encountered such preposterity!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:41:36 PM

I have 2.69 bitcoins and the total amount I bought them for (at different rates obviously) is 867GBP = 1300USD Sad Price is still very low Sad Will we ever see an increase to make a return on investment?

Nope, sorry. Incase you didn't know this already, but BTC was actually nothing more than tulip mania - that is what you are seeing unfold for more than a year. The floor will be dictated by the amounts of drugs bought using bitcoin. So guess it's not really tulip mania Smiley Expect $1-5 by the end of the year.

When prices were rising, all the people were talking about $10,000, while the prices fall people always say "we will hit $10 tomorrow". Please do not enlarge what are happening.
People here tend to be extremely emotional and delusional about their own investments. OP will sell then he will regret. Same old story of the people that cant invest long term.
manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:22:25 AM

People here tend to be extremely emotional and delusional about their own investments.

I see that characteristic in most asset classes - equity, real estate....
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:59:21 AM

Wow. Posting in epic thread.

The only thing lacking is a grilled cheese sandwich.

<snip>

Surely we can all agree that grilled cheese sandwiches are both grilled and contain cheese?

No, I have to take exception with this.  What people purport to be grilling is actually frying as the sandwich (containing non-grilled cheese I should add) is actually cooked on a flat griddle and not on a grill.  Also, any attempt to grill cheese for a sandwich would result in a gooey mess and more than likely a small fire.

I, sir, take offence at your exception. Clearly your suggestion that a small fire would result from any attempt to grill cheese is outrageous speculation, and to do so discredits all rational debate as to whether a griddle is capable of grilling. Never in my life have I encountered such preposterity!

WTF is a grilled cheese sandwich? I have heard of cheese on toast, but never a grilled cheese sandwich.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 11:10:03 AM

WTF is a grilled cheese sandwich? I have heard of cheese on toast, but never a grilled cheese sandwich.

What planet do you live on?

As I suspected...Aliens

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: