Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:52:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 safest Bitcoin and Altcoin wallet  (Read 376 times)
icroatt

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:46:16 PM

Ledger Nano S has been phenomenal and continues to improve their product. They are on the forefront of security and constantly adding new compatible coins. Definitely a favorite for me. They are even starting to be used by a lot of institutions because of how good their security is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:53:58 PM

1. Blockchain
    Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin's turnaround itself, so its superiority as a provider of

*snip*
Probably more than 75% of all your claims are horribly incorrect. Looks like someone needs to read a certain pinned topic.... Topic: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?

C- for effort, I guess? Make sure to do your own research when making suggestions. Especially here in the Beginner's section.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:04:35 PM

Hi all,

We would love to hear your views on the different wallets out there. PLEASE check out our website here: https://www.cryptowisser.com/wallets/ where we list 130+ wallets. The current favorites from the users seem to be:
- Ledger Wallet;
- Xapo Wallet;
- Omni Wallet; and
- Enjin Wallet.

Do you agree with that toplist?

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

All the best,
Cryptowisser
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:31:29 PM

I'm prefer using Myetherwallet with trezor. Because I have tokens on ERC-20 and also I hold NEM tokens, which on own blockchain.
Cosette

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

DAMN SON!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:28:05 AM

Why a lot people still recommend an exchange? Did he know the different between exchanger's wallet and personal wallet? Huh
Stop recommend exchange wallet and said if they're the Best or Safest. You don't have control for your private key and why you guys still recommend it? Huh

-
KenKaneki9x

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:40:03 AM

im only use MEW  Grin
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

Why do I get the feeling that you just search something in google and compile yourself up with your own Top 5 list? Also all the description on your top 5 list can be seen in one google search. You don't even give any personal experience with the wallets in the list not to mention that the wallets you lack any description on why they are considered the "safest" at least on your own personal opinion. And yes even hardware wallets like your Ledger Nano S can be compromise even before you buy it.
KuinginBeli

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:20:35 AM

still trezor is the best for me, using it for 2 years without any problem
absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 10:39:19 AM

i am waiting ethos  universal wallet, now alraedy on beta version. Mulricurreny and multi multi blockchain will be in one wallet.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:00:26 AM

Hi all,

We would love to hear your views on the different wallets out there. PLEASE check out our website here: https://www.cryptowisser.com/wallets/ where we list 130+ wallets. The current favorites from the users seem to be:
- Ledger Wallet;
- Xapo Wallet;
- Omni Wallet; and
- Enjin Wallet.

Do you agree with that toplist?

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

All the best,
Cryptowisser

It seems that in this case Favorites ≠ Safest.

- Ledger S nano wallet is indeed fairly safe, especially when you keep it airgapped. I'd say it has a fair spot on your list, comparing it to the other wallets.

- Xapo wallet, I'll sum up what's wrong. You have no control over your keys when storing them here. XAPO can run off with all your bitcoin anytime they want.

Private keys to Xapo accounts are never given out to anyone - they are kept in a safe place for you. Xapo keeps most of your bitcoins in deep-cold storage, in offline servers that have never been online and will never be online. We have a process to move coins out of deep-cold storage once a day without ever exposing the private keys to the Internet. Xapo makes sure that private keys are never on your phone or your computer; private key security is always in our hands and if someone were to hack your device, they could never get your private keys because they are not there.

Furthermore, correct me if i'm wrong, they process your withdrawals, like an exchange does. (unlike blockchain.info, where you still can control a little bit when and how you want to withdraw)

- Omni Wallet, Looks confusing, it seems like both parties here have access to your private key, (You, and omni), although there's not much information available about it.
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/omniwallet/ states that you actually have no access at all to your keys, but this is refuted on the web page of the wallet itself. I'm slightly confused.

-Enjin wallet, Seems like a decent wallet, Looks like enjin themselves have no access to your private keys,

The Enjin Smart Wallet is engineered with military grade security. Your Private Keys and Recovery Phrases are stored only on your device using AES 256 encryption and never transmitted.

You can use your Recovery Phrase essentially as your Private Key as it allows you to fully own the wallet and the funds inside it. You can use it to import your wallet address into other software wallets and devices.

We do not store your keys on our servers.

Looks like they also support a decent amount of ERC20 tokens for a mobile wallet.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/enjin-wallet/

trplzr

Activity: 532
Merit: 168

hello there

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

Humm, MEW is far from safe.

I recommend use the metamask wallet, it is practical, and it has no history of serious problems involving security.

ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

For Bitcoin, use ledger nano s or paper wallet.
For altcoin myetherwallet is awesome.. else Exodus is also gud..
Blockchain is also a well known Bitcoin wallet.
nguyenduyanh01

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:26:45 PM

The first time I heard about Ledger Nano S wallet! How much money Ledger Nano S wallet ?
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:39:46 PM

The first time I heard about Ledger Nano S wallet! How much money Ledger Nano S wallet ?

Check it here: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s

Buy from this official site only. Buying from ebay involves some extra risk. There were some cases of stealing funds in the past so I don't recommend buying it somewhere other than official website.
nguyenduyanh01

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:03:46 PM

Buy from this official site only. Buying from ebay involves some extra risk. There were some cases of stealing funds in the past so I don't recommend buying it somewhere other than official website.
Every wallet has its advantages and disadvantages. If you use a nano s ledger wallet, it will keep you away from hackers, but it's a downside if you lose everything when you lose or get stolen your wallet.
wallet.net

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:34:52 AM

What exactly is MetaMask and how it connects to your wallet ?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 11:39:41 AM

Every wallet has its advantages and disadvantages. If you use a nano s ledger wallet, it will keep you away from hackers, but it's a downside if you lose everything when you lose or get stolen your wallet.

Not if you set your wallet up in a correct way... The ledger nano S even comes with a recovery sheet where you can write down the 24 seed words....

If you lose your ledger, but still have this seed written down, you can either buy a new ledger and use the seed to restore your wallet, you can use a compatible desktop wallet (but lose the extra security since your wallet seed words now touched an online machine) or you can use one of the many tools to calculate the xprv and derive the private keys directly.

If your wallet gets stolen, the thief has 3 chances to unlock your wallet, after which it'll be erased automatically... A while ago, i've read that somebody was able to recover his wallet after he lost the seed and forgot the pin, but it took a long time and a lot of effort. If your hardware wallet gets stolen, and you immediately use the seed to recover your wallet using, for example, electrum, then empty out your wallet by funding an address generated by an uncompromised wallet, you should be fine.

Ofcourse, the seed words also come with a downside: if somebody gets his hands on your recovery sheet, he can empty out your wallet in a matter of minutes... But even then, tools like safe deposit boxes, encryption,... can reduce this risk to a great extent.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:02:04 PM

What exactly is MetaMask and how it connects to your wallet ?
MetaMask is an extension for the browser. Go to the official website and get acquainted with the metamask for the better. MetaMask add-on can only be installed in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave browser.
Novi_Aok

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:35:37 PM

Top 5 safest Bitcoin and Altcoin wallet :
1. Electrum Bitcoin Wallet
2. Coinomi Wallet
3. MyCelium Bitcoin Wallet
4. GreenBits Bitcoin Wallet
5. Bitcoin Wallet
Pages: « 1 [2]  All