Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $4000 to spend, what should I do?  (Read 2827 times)
LibreJG

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:21:17 PM

try mining at https://cex.io/r/0/jmferbs/0/

You simply buy hashrate and it mines instantly for you. Later on you can sell the hashrate you bought for most of your money back, if not for profit.

Referral program... Can't you just say cex.io ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:27:47 PM

cex.io 1GHs yearly is not cheap. Add fees which may increase anytime  Smiley, and you have almost sure loser. IF it happens you could mine profitably, I guess next fees would be necessary  Tongue
Branzig

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:21:47 PM

Greetings,

I am looking for investors... the longer you want to invest the more you can earn. 1 Week minimum will get you no less than 10% + investment, either get a payment or re-invest. Can PM you more details. Got to get back to the front!!!!

Send your money to me: Btc Wallet = 19J6Xrp7y3ACGSUuEtDneUy164UxYxUpsr

Send me a PM for PayPal account info if you don't have access to Bitcoin.

Thanks,

-Branzig.

Seems legit  Cheesy

Is he for real? I thought it was ironic or something...

asdd88

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:31:19 PM

Just buy coins. BTC/USD rate will reach 5 digits in a few years.

Why would it go that high?

Since that it is getting more and more attention, and people start using it as a currency, wouldn't the $ to BTC rate drop to a reasonable amount? I can't imagine businesses having to sell things for 0.00000001 bitcoin etc would make it an ideal currency to trade in. IMO when BTC starts being more mainstream and more businesses start accepting it as payment, we are going to see prices fall and become steady at a reasonable level (like a normal currency).

The investment focus should be on alt-coins where the ratio to USD is low such as Peercoin and Litecoin. I feel they have potential to spike upwards and I am willing to put money in them for the ride.
stewielover0

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:57:08 PM

Personally i find myself in the same position as you.

I've been studying cryptocurrencies for the past while and I'm ready to believe LTC will be BTC's biggest competitior. Everything in business has competition and since LTC is still new and easily mineable you could get started mining them with a 2000$ setup and see a return in 4-6 months. (Obviously there are many variables to look at to get a good estimate.... but you get the point).

Right now BTC has 5.6 billion of the market capitalization while LTC is now in second place at roughly 100 million. The runner up has only 15.5 million of market capitlaization. Of course, I dont believe LTC to ever get as high as BTC seeing as it was first and most known but it will definitely double, triple, maybe even quadruple within the next 6 months as people are looking for more lucrative cryptocurrencies to mine.

So I say start mining LTC ASAP, you wont regret it!
LibreJG

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:02:36 PM

Since that it is getting more and more attention, and people start using it as a currency, wouldn't the $ to BTC rate drop to a reasonable amount? I can't imagine businesses having to sell things for 0.00000001 bitcoin etc would make it an ideal currency to trade in. IMO when BTC starts being more mainstream and more businesses start accepting it as payment, we are going to see prices fall and become steady at a reasonable level (like a normal currency).

The investment focus should be on alt-coins where the ratio to USD is low such as Peercoin and Litecoin. I feel they have potential to spike upwards and I am willing to put money in them for the ride.

My opinion is that bitcoin will reach over 100 000$ and we will keep our savings in bitcoin but in daily life to do shopping etc. we will use altcoins.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

I'm 18 years old, and I make around 6-7 thousand a month from YouTube ad revenue. I just learned about bitcoin mining a few hours ago, and am very intrigued by the idea. I really want to get started, and am willing to invest $4,000 in a rig.

I'm a complete noob, but was wondering a few things, if you were in my position, what would you do.

1. What card/miner/right would you buy
2. What pool would you join
3. Would you do anything different?

I'm a college student, so I can use the electricity in my dorm to power my equipment, so electricity is not a factor.  Grin Grin

Thank you in advance!

How do you market your videos?  That's a lot of revenue!  And is it just from the in-video ads?
immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:03:55 PM

1 BTC = 100.000.000 Satoshis

In future, prices will be in Satoshis instead

And good luck with Peercoin and Litecoin

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:31:45 PM

Mining is profitable for very big operations only.

I would suggest investing
65% of your money in Bitcoin
30% in Litecoin
5% in a mix of other digital currencies.

Wait 1 year and the retire Cheesy

Good luck mate.

Ps If you're still not sure about mining, there are some mining profitability calculators out there, here is one example: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

All the best!

Good thought, but forget shitcoins and just go with 65% bitcoin, 30% precious metals, 5% "speculation funds" ie btc securities/stocks, btc gambling, maybe litecoin, a little arbitrage trading...

hoarding is (sorta) safe-ish,  but it's boring, so 5% gives a person a bit of a play fund.

Fila Ford

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:37:01 PM

Instead, buy a .22 rifle, about 10,000 rounds of ammo, some prepping supplies, and be ready for the US when its economy finally crashes.

the .22 can be used to hunt or self-defense, it's small and easily portable, and you can trade the .22 ammo like currency.

thats hot
madcappp

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:48:12 PM

You should keep in mind that waiting for a dip means that you may wait forever.
Just buy 5-6 bitcoins with your 4k asap.  Cheesy

No... I think you can do better than 8 bitcoins for 4k.... I'd say just acquire them slowly (even in fractions of a bit coin) and wait for the recent news to settle down, then acquire them.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:40:34 PM

My opinion is that bitcoin will reach over 100 000$ and we will keep our savings in bitcoin but in daily life to do shopping etc. we will use altcoins.

That seems a little high to me, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I'd say $10,000 is a safer bet for the coming years.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:55:53 PM

Personally i find myself in the same position as you.

I've been studying cryptocurrencies for the past while and I'm ready to believe LTC will be BTC's biggest competitior. Everything in business has competition and since LTC is still new and easily mineable you could get started mining them with a 2000$ setup and see a return in 4-6 months. (Obviously there are many variables to look at to get a good estimate.... but you get the point).

Right now BTC has 5.6 billion of the market capitalization while LTC is now in second place at roughly 100 million. The runner up has only 15.5 million of market capitlaization. Of course, I dont believe LTC to ever get as high as BTC seeing as it was first and most known but it will definitely double, triple, maybe even quadruple within the next 6 months as people are looking for more lucrative cryptocurrencies to mine.

So I say start mining LTC ASAP, you wont regret it!

I would suggest running some scenarios through a mining predictor webpage such as http://dustcoin.com/ or http://www.coinwarz.com before buying any scrypt based mining gear.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:07:55 PM

Thatguy22, are by any chance from bensam123 stream on twitch?  Grin
pokerFace2

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:20:28 PM

That is always possibility. Buying small amount every month help solving this problem, at least for me
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:39:12 PM

That is always possibility. Buying small amount every month help solving this problem, at least for me

As it turned out there are some psychological barriers where a dip seems unavoidable  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: