Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner working even with wrong user ID and password  (Read 384 times)
mbrown36 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:00:22 PM

Hello,

I am completely new to this.  I got a miner running using rcpminer-cpu.exe with slush's pool.  When I log into slush's pool website it has all zeros for the worker it shows all 0's for Found blocks, Current shares, etc.  But my miner is really slow, so I thought that it might take some time before I see any results.

Then I tried running it with the wrong password - I wanted to see what the "wrong password" error is.  To my surprise it worked just fine.  Then I tried running it with the wrong worker name.  It still runs.  Then I tried with the wrong user name and it still runs. 

Why does it work with wrong user ID and password?  When I put the correct user id and password how do I know that I am getting credit for the work being done?

Thanks in advanced
Mike
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:14:09 PM

Why does it work with wrong user ID and password?  When I put the correct user id and password how do I know that I am getting credit for the work being done?

You wont. Check in workers section when your miner submitted last share to be sure your shares will get credited Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: