Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: sold at $600. what to do?  (Read 7388 times)
saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:38:49 PM

i freaked out and sold a large portion of my coins around $600, suspecting the price would continue to oscillate between $400-700 for a couple weeks... (i know)

do I

A) wait it out hoping for a better price to get back in
B) take a loss and buy back in at $750
C) ??

thanks guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:40:36 PM

I suspect that BTC is going to crash again sometime in the near future, but have no idea if its going to be lower than $600. I imagine that it will, but who knows these days.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

i freaked out and sold a large portion of my coins around $600, suspecting the price would continue to oscillate between $400-700 for a couple weeks... (i know)

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

Buy back everything and have some fresh fiat ready in case it flash-crashes so you can make up the loss by buying more.

Just sell little by little in the future. Selling BTC is risky in itself - selling a large portion of one's stash is just reckless unless you've made so much profit you'll never need to worry about money ever again.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:46:11 PM

If big queen topped out at $750 for the next few months and you got $600 not done badly.  It is very hard to call a top in a wildly fluctuating market like Bitcoin.

If you think big coin is going to continue to rise you should try to buy coins back at one of the sites that is undervalued. Camp BX and BTC – E can fluctuate by $100 in one day.  You may be to get those coins back pretty much for what you sold them at for a little while at least.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:46:37 PM

1. Never sell everything at once.
2. Never buy all at once.

Since you've already violated 1, take your USD and divide it into 20 or so chunks.  Then, buy the same amount of USD worth in BTC every day until you are back in.  If prices dips, you will get a good average price.  If price rises, you won't get as many BTC, but you will at least get some.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:46:45 PM

I am going to quote another user on this board. "Buying now is like fucking hooker without condom."  Wink Tomorrow Bitcoin can be worth 1500 or 250, you´d be gambling.

Seasoned users like Chodpaba or Rpiteila already stated, that growth of bitcoin recently passed exponential curve, hell right now, market swallows 2,5 million dollars daily just to keep itself from deflating. I´d wait for the crash.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:47:50 PM

You can either:

1) Buy back right now at a ~20% loss, but roughly have your original position intact (just slightly reduced) or

2) Wait it out and risk that the price then rises and never returns causing you to lose out on the multi-year ramp up. If the price drops you can get your original position with no loss, but if the price rises you've lost out on the early adopter benefits

The choice is yours
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

do what i do.

wait.

if you get run over by the market

be rich!

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:49:23 PM

C) Join the Bears club lead by Blitz and spread BS to scare the noobs....... Also pretend to use TA so they think you're pro trader. And crash is always coming. Say something like .... "i expect under $400 soon"  or " we're not gonna see $600 untill 2015". Oh and just ignore anyone says otherwise.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:52:24 PM

C) Join the Bears club lead by Blitz and spread BS to scare the noobs....... Also pretend to use TA so they think you're pro trader. And crash is always coming. Say something like .... "i expect under $400 soon"  or " we're not gonna see $600 untill 2015". Oh and just ignore anyone says otherwise.

LOL
Nemesis

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:58:22 PM

LOL

There are tons of "pro traders" who turn into bears because they "cashed out" at 200s, then 300s, then 400s....They either left .... then come back to a correction or flash crash and chant " crash crash, bubble pop" or  never come back. Samson, where art thou?

You get the idea.

ps, when anyone ask, they will say " hell yeah, my strategy works out better than buy and hold. I'm pro so..."

chriswilmer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 05:00:06 PM

LOL

There are tons of "pro traders" who turn into bears because they "cashed out" at 200s, then 300s, then 400s....They either left .... then come back to a correction or flash crash and chant " crash crash, bubble pop" or  never come back. Samson, where art thou?

You get the idea.

ps, when anyone ask, they will say " hell yeah, my strategy works out better than buy and hold. I'm pro so..."

Yeah, and it is REALLY HARD to beat the "buy & hold" strategy. I mean seriously, if you aren't satisfied with 1000% growth per year, there's little in life that will make you happy Smiley
C10H15N

Activity: 811

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:01:25 PM

It will go up, then down, then back up.... wash, rinse repeat.  If you follow the heard, you are going to get slaughtered.  

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:06:30 PM

Curse your own cowardice/stupidity/lack of understanding/foresight, then buy as much as you can afford. Not afford to lose, but actually afford and still pay the rent and food.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:09:11 PM

I think it will see low $500s (gox price) in the near future. Of course, predictions may never come to fruition.

Since you've already violated 1, take your USD and divide it into 20 or so chunks.  Then, buy the same amount of USD worth in BTC every day until you are back in.  If prices dips, you will get a good average price.  If price rises, you won't get as many BTC, but you will at least get some.

A very good strategy actually.

I would do something similar - break my money into 3-4 parts. Buy some now, put some at the break even price and keep a few far below. Once you have done that, be patient and don't tinker. It may take even months for the price to come down. If it doesn't, well, the few you ended up buying will be worth a lot more.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

I think it will see low $500s (gox price) in the near future. Of course, predictions may never come to fruition.

A very good strategy actually.

I would do something similar - break my money into 3-4 parts. Buy some now, put some at the break even price and keep a few far below. Once you have done that, be patient and don't tinker. It may take even months for the price to come down. If it doesn't, well, the few you ended up buying will be worth a lot more.
It may be that the price never comes down as low as you want it to go - and that if it does, you will chicken out thinking the whole thing is falling apart. Buy & hold.

GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:22:03 PM

Wait and see. You can decide later, but corrections are necessary on the way up so still good chance you rebuy lower
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:27:23 PM

LOL

You get the idea.

Yeah, and it is REALLY HARD to beat the "buy & hold" strategy. I mean seriously, if you aren't satisfied with 1000% growth per year, there's little in life that will make you happy Smiley

This!!!
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

I sold 20% of my BTCs yesterday at 680 USD in BTCe. Now is 688 and going up but I will wait for it.
I think it will crash again and I will be able to buy cheaper on BTCe, then move to Bitstamp and resell.
We will see ...
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:34:19 PM

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

Where do you think bitcoin will be in 2 years?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
trumbadera

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:39:40 PM

Sell low/ buy high is a common mistake. Wait, we will see a pullback one way or the other.

Unless you just buy and spend immediatelly, but without SR not best idea
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:56:34 PM

BUY BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are still in a Daily and Weekly uptrend,,, just because there was a day of traders and I mean traders taking profits. Not people that don't do this every day of their life! Consider down days in an uptrend as a buying opportunity. The day candle didn't even close below the 8EMA you had more of a sell signal on Oct 26th. Not to forget we are in a huge bull market right now... You have to be crazy to be short. You're better off watching it go low and waiting to buy more or to buy back in. Otherwise you do what all ppl does get scared puke up your coins or shares at the low only to create the supply that the demand has been sitting there waiting for. 10 min later you are trying to figure out why it's going up now... Market must be rigged... No its called Fear and Greed. You should have bought back in right after it hit 600 again. Now you sit and think to yourself. But if I buy now, I wont have as many coins as before!!! But if you don't buy now you are going to watch the boat sail away!!!!!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:09:32 PM

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

Buy back everything and have some fresh fiat ready in case it flash-crashes so you can make up the loss by buying more.

Just sell little by little in the future. Selling BTC is risky in itself - selling a large portion of one's stash is just reckless unless you've made so much profit you'll never need to worry about money ever again.

Good advice take the knock on the chin, chalk it up to experience and get on the train.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
davider

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:16:03 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 06:26:54 PM by davider

If it can make you feel better, I sold at 500$.
I'll wait few days to see what happens.

After many many lessons in the last few months I completely agree that the buy and hold is the best strategy for bitcoin!
And also the never sell everything at one rule is pure gold.

Thanks everybody for the good advices.

Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:17:08 PM

Best advice:
Never follow advise like "Buy back IN NOW!!!" -> most of the time it's a bulltrap and you could just have waited and bought more coins.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:23:16 PM

There is no good answer. This is why most day traders don't come out with profit, or a bigger coin stash.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:25:17 PM

Best advice:
Never follow advise like "Buy back IN NOW!!!" -> most of the time it's a bulltrap and you could just have waited and bought more coins.

This is flat out simply HORRIBLE advice. Do not listen to it.  Sure we could go back down. But there is a very good chance that if we leave where we are today and go up we will never see this price again. This forum is littered with dozens of people who have made this mistake. We just had a 50% correction. This is not the time to sell.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:27:14 PM

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

Where do you think bitcoin will be in 2 years?

everywhere

Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:28:10 PM

Of course it's not the time to sell, but also not to buy back.

If it's going to the moon, does it really matters if he bought the coins @ 760 or 850$ ?
No, it doesn't.

You all "believe" in bitcoin, so you are not for the short term profit -> doesn't really matter when you buy

But why take the risk in such a situation? It looks like a double top in all other exchanges then bitstamp.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

I bet after reading through the thread the OP will be none the more wiser Grin

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:31:26 PM

I bet after reading through the thread the OP will be none the more wiser Grin

no but everyone seem to be getting it right.

HOLD! your position.

whats the worst that can happen....

Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:31:40 PM

We're coming up on a weekend.  Traditionally, we see some dips on the weekend.  Wasn't the case last weekend though.   Grin  Might want to just prepare to start buying back slowly but anticipate a drop over the weekend.  If it drops significantly, you can dollar cost average out the buys you made at $750+. If it doesn't drop, at least you still have coins.  Good luck brother.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:34:15 PM

Before you decide what to do, place buy orders under $600, you never know when bear trap comes  Smiley

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
GriTBitS

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:46:17 PM

Best advice:

This is flat out simply HORRIBLE advice. Do not listen to it.  Sure we could go back down. But there is a very good chance that if we leave where we are today and go up we will never see this price again. This forum is littered with dozens of people who have made this mistake. We just had a 50% correction. This is not the time to sell.

Thanks bro!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:03:38 PM

It's mere days ago that the price was in the 500s. I bought a few coins at 700, being new and not thinking about rises and falls. We are at 740 now (average, stamp being higher). Buy & hold. That is the answer. Doesn't matter if the price dips lower than your buy price for a week or a month, it WILL go up again. Always does. Last time it took half a year. Doesn't matter, we are 3 times higher than the ATH at the time.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

Same problem here. I´m not sure to buy now or wait till (if it ever again) drops. The course seems stable and does not rise wild like in the last 2 weeks.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

It is the problem when you trading coins, you have to accept a loss sometimes...
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:20:08 PM

This thread is quite bullish. Panic buying is in the air Cheesy

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:24:30 PM

Best advice:
Also good advice,
Although
I'm still wafting on the $13 coins I sold in January.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:26:58 PM

Litecoin went up from 4$ to 9$ on Nov. 18th. Maybe that was the better choice  Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:28:29 PM

Litecoin went up from 4$ to 9$ on Nov. 18th. Maybe that was the better choice  Smiley
Not convinced until I see a year+ graph.

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:29:14 PM

Not convinced until I see a year+ graph.

http://www.ltc-charts.com/
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:29:22 PM

no big deal, buy back bro, could be the last time we see 3 digits price

Well, about litecoin, it shouldn't be bench marked against USD, but btc, any investment in cryptcoins has to value against BTC
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:38:15 PM

You have two options.  If you buy in now, you might not get the best price.  However, if you wait for a better price, you might never get back in.

I would probably set multiple limit buy orders, perhaps at 5%, 15%, and 25% below the current price.  The next flash crash could easily get down below $600.  

If you can get the fiat quickly to a cheaper exchange, definitely buy there.  However, if you sold on Gox, you'll have to buy back in at Gox prices.  You could miss a lot of run up waiting for an international wire.

"Buy and hold" is the safest strategy in a rapidly rising market.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:40:26 PM

Look at the history and make up your mind for yourself. TA or tea leaves it doesn't really matter.
Understand that everybody on here has an agenda of their own and don't put your faith in anonymous people on a board.
Most of all don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:41:04 PM

Im sure given the attention Bitcoin got lately, it is much more likely to rise big than stay under $1000
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Yeah but for the past few weeks Bitcoin has gone up far much more then that. I know Litecoin is tempting, but it hasn't really gone up much against bitcoin at all. 0.0009 to 0.0014 at the most, I'm not so impressed. Bitcoin has been going up much faster in comparison.

If perhaps you could have timed it perfectly, then yes it would have been a great deal. But like always. It's gambling at best.

more or less retired.
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:43:48 PM

Yeah but for the past few weeks Bitcoin has gone up far much more then that. I know Litecoin is tempting, but it hasn't really gone up much against bitcoin at all. 0.0009 to 0.0014 at the most, I'm not so impressed. Bitcoin has been going up much faster in comparison.

If perhaps you could have timed it perfectly, then yes it would have been a great deal. But like always. It's gambling at best.

That's true.  I was lucky, made money while it was climbing but it failed to break $10, while BTC just kept going.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

This thread is quite bullish. Panic buying is in the air Cheesy

With the number of recent articles, plus Google Trends now saying searches for the term "Bitcoin" are at an all-time high, panic buying cannot be far behind.  These newcomers will buy in a panic at each new ATH, then dump it all in a panic after the first major correction.  I almost feel sorry for them, but not quite.

We hit an ATH on Bitstamp this morning, but we're not there yet on the other major exchanges, so this is not a terrible place for OP to buy back in.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 08:05:01 PM by bitmarket.io

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

I just purchased 50 @ 770.  I sold at 630. Here's why I bought:

• People are eager to see it at 1K+
  • Lots of money moved a couple days ago, the price fell like a domino effect but it bounced back after it dropped $250, then people started buying like crazy again, boosting it back up.  This tells me it's stabilizing and it won't just die in one day, and the worst I could lose is 30% of my investment if things got really bad.
  • It's also the end of the FISCAL year for lots of businesses and tax time is about.  I wonder how tempted people will be to test the IRS now that so many know about BTC.
  • If gold can hit $2K+, so can BTC. Esp. now that so many are selling precious metals for BTC. You can also see the price of those metals continuously drop.
  • It's approaching holiday season December and lots of money will be moving globally
firstlast

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:53:17 PM

Take that fiat you now have and buy yourself a trip to space. You'll forget about all this selling low buying higher nonsense.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

Well, I have taken a look to litecoins 10 mins ago the first time. It was just an comment. I dont know Litecoins but all I said was, if you bought LTCs for 4$ you would have doubled your money. But as it always is, you never know what will happen in future. Of course you are right.

The BTC price is too stable at the moment. I dont know if this is the silence before the storm or if the price has stabled and will keep on this level for a couple of months (like in april). But I dont feel comfortable to buy in at 760$ where I missed the 500$ 2 days ago :/
digitalfog

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:09:14 PM

I don't think the Bitcoin naysayers understand the massive financial/currency/asset markets that exist *now. 

In real terms, Bitcoin has not even dipped its tiny toe into the global financial pool.  When it does, you'll be
kicking yourself at how cheap $600 per Bitcoin was.  Bitcoin will probably be trading as mBTC and one millibitcoin
will be worth $100.00.

mvidetto

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:25:22 PM

It just seems like with all of the people waiting on the sidelines a major dump could punch a big dip into the price.  One 10k dump and all of the fear will hit the market.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:28:26 PM

Look at the history and make up your mind for yourself. TA or tea leaves it doesn't really matter.
Understand that everybody on here has an agenda of their own and don't put your faith in anonymous people on a board.
Most of all don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

The best advice so far.

I'd not emphasize the history though. Look to the future.

Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

Put on a tutu and do a bear dance.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

worst case scenario we paint a cup and handle.

buy with me at the bottom of the cup

don't worry i will be yelling loud and clear when its time to buy.

Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:40:49 PM

I don't think the Bitcoin naysayers understand the massive financial/currency/asset markets that exist *now.  

In real terms, Bitcoin has not even dipped its tiny toe into the global financial pool.  When it does, you'll be
kicking yourself at how cheap $600 per Bitcoin was.  Bitcoin will probably be trading as mBTC and one millibitcoin
will be worth $100.00.

In the past I would have called a comment like this delusional.  Now, I'm wondering why you're lowballing my BTC value.   Grin

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

In real terms, Bitcoin has not even dipped its tiny toe into the global financial pool.  When it does, you'll be
kicking yourself at how cheap $600 per Bitcoin was.  Bitcoin will probably be trading as mBTC and one millibitcoin
will be worth $100.00.

we all know this, this is what makes it hard to sell the tiniest amounts of bitcoin even after a 1000% jump

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:45:01 PM

In real terms, Bitcoin has not even dipped its tiny toe into the global financial pool.  When it does, you'll be
kicking yourself at how cheap $600 per Bitcoin was.  Bitcoin will probably be trading as mBTC and one millibitcoin
will be worth $100.00.

In the past I would have called a comment like this delusional.  Now, I'm wondering why you're lowballing my BTC value.   Grin

You are slow man, it really took you a looong time to understand. No offense intended, but the enormous potential of BTC was like the third thing (after decentralized + trustless) that got my attention. That happened like in the first 10 minutes of reading about it Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Selling at 600 isn't that bad at all !

I sold most of mine around 230 I think it was, didn't see this bubble happening. 

Be happy you got out at 600, it's been 500-550 so hey it's easy to get make in and you made 10%+ profit.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:59:28 PM

You are slow man, it really took you a looong time to understand. No offense intended, but the enormous potential of BTC was like the third thing (after decentralized + trustless) that got my attention. That happened like in the first 10 minutes of reading about it Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Better late than never, huh?   Grin  Nothing like $900 BTC values to open ones eyes.   Wink

Truth is, I didn't really know enough at that time to grasp it all.  I had no idea about our monetary system, I had no idea why decentralized even mattered so, it really became a battle against ideology and not the tech.  As I've learned Ripple, I've learned more about the whole crypto-space.  I've learned tons about our failing global monetary system, what the bills in my wallet really are and the list goes on.  From that I realize that this is all really important.  Whether it will be Bitcoin or something like it, the truth is we have to do something.  

The straw for me was I watched a video of Erik Voorhees talking about Bitcoin and during a Q&A at the end, I come to find that he's a Democrat, not a Libertarian.  Now I'm not a Democrat but it really changed my perspective on the whole Bitcoin thing. Without the political crap, Bitcoin is much more appealing to me.  Probably shouldn't have judged all of Bitcoin, on a handful of random forum avatars.   Undecided   Oh well, I was at least smart enough to keep some BTC close at hand, just in case I was wrong.   Shocked

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

Of course it's not the time to sell, but also not to buy back.

If it's going to the moon, does it really matters if he bought the coins @ 760 or 850$ ?
No, it doesn't.

You all "believe" in bitcoin, so you are not for the short term profit -> doesn't really matter when you buy

But why take the risk in such a situation? It looks like a double top in all other exchanges then bitstamp.

No it doesn't. You obviously dont know how to read charts. Nor do you know what happened in March.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:07:19 PM

@OP When I make an investment I assume that money is forever gone. Reduced to zero. And I try to forget it and work on collecting more money going forward, occasionally peaking taking a peak at the growth of my investment. This helps. Temptation is a bitch. And when it gets ahold of you and you sell, you're gonna regret it.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:07:41 PM

I sold most of mine around 230 I think it was, didn't see this bubble happening. 

Be happy you got out at 600, it's been 500-550 so hey it's easy to get make in and you made 10%+ profit.
Stop calling it a bubble :/ Years from now it will be clear that the blackboard guy was right all along. We are in the very early stages of an s-curve. There is no bubble, only a steep rise and then a plateau ahead.

CryptStorm

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:16:54 PM

Stop calling it a bubble :/ Years from now it will be clear that the blackboard guy was right all along. We are in the very early stages of an s-curve. There is no bubble, only a steep rise and then a plateau ahead.

I'm in the same boat with the OP, so here's where I am with it:

IF the price attacks that $778 Gox resistance point and cracks through, I will buy back in, and likely it will charge forward due to momentum (to 1k or more, who knows).

However, I don't see where the momentum is going to come from? Just the facts across distinct categories:
1) The news storm is drying up and everyone is back to (t)werk; (COMPOSITE DATA)
2) We are way ahead of the trend line (no matter how you slice it); here's one reasonable way--
    --the 1 day chart shows Parabolic SARs are pushing us back down hard (PRICE DATA);
4) The ARMS Ease of Movement is heading back towards zero very quickly (above is bull, below bear) (VOLUME DATA);
5) Volatility is decreasing as we normalize (downwards-- and for the moment, gently) (VOLATILITY DATA)
6) The Senate hearing has clearly been priced in (perhaps this is more composite data, perhaps a BUSINESS FUNDAMENTAL (it's legal))

So, there you are. Set a bitcoinreminder for 790 and one for 600, and 500 and wait.  Smiley

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

IF the price attacks that $778 Gox resistance point and cracks through, I will buy back in, and likely it will charge forward due to momentum (to 1k or more, who knows).

However, I don't see where the momentum is going to come from? Just the facts across distinct categories:
1) The news storm is drying up and everyone is back to (t)werk; (COMPOSITE DATA)
2) We are way ahead of the trend line (no matter how you slice it); here's one reasonable way--
    --the 1 day chart shows Parabolic SARs are pushing us back down hard (PRICE DATA);
4) The ARMS Ease of Movement is heading back towards zero very quickly (above is bull, below bear) (VOLUME DATA);
5) Volatility is decreasing as we normalize (downwards-- and for the moment, gently) (VOLATILITY DATA)
6) The Senate hearing has clearly been priced in (perhaps this is more composite data, perhaps a BUSINESS FUNDAMENTAL (it's legal))

So, there you are. Set a bitcoinreminder for 790 and one for 600, and 500 and wait.  Smiley
It was in the 500s TWO DAYS AGO. Don't wait, it's not going to stop, not with the chinese dragging the price up and the recent positive senate hearings.

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:35:38 PM

1. Nope. Its continuing. Maybe gaining momentum.
2. Yep. But not nearly as far past it as the bubble in 2011.
3. Just 1 signal among dozens. RSI for instance is very bullish.
4. Consolidating near highs. Exchanges evening out. Bullish news.
5. No way.  New deposits tend to lag news by about 1-2 weeks.

We are going to have 1 more awesome, mind blowing leg up. We will consolidate and work our way through several layers of resistance to 1000 in the next handful of days. Then we will blow up through 1000 and China will race towards 10k CYN, or $1630.   We might not make it there, but its going to be total chaos.
davider

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:38:11 PM

Google trend is going down a bit:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitcoin#q=buy%20bitcoin&date=today%203-m&cmpt=date
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:41:43 PM

are there still poeple that don't know a tiny percentage of the poeple on the internet are bitcoiners?

really?

davider

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:44:42 PM

Sorry I didn't understand your comment. The graph is relative to the search term "buy bitcoin".
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:46:17 PM

Pulled my trading play money out at 764.  Things seem calm and the dad cat seems to have bounced off the ground once...we'll see what happens...
wopwop

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:46:52 PM

are there still poeple that don't know a tiny percentage of the poeple on the internet are bitcoiners?

really?

Sorry I didn't understand your comment. The graph is relative to the search term "buy bitcoin".
he means you should buy because till now every time the price of bitcoin went down it went up again later so this means it will go up in the future, brilliant eh?

but he's right there's still sheeple to convince in the world that we can make money off Smiley
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

I suspect now is the time when Bitcoin will start to be driven by companies building on top of bitcoin. But remember, there is a great deal of world out there we need to bring the gospel of bitcoin to. Not just the states.

more or less retired.
geraFoerra

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:48:52 PM

Nope, it took me 2 months before I put money in. The demand peak might be 2 weeks from now probably
CryptStorm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:52:25 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 10:03:45 PM by CryptStorm

So, there you are. Set a bitcoinreminder for 790 and one for 600, and 500 and wait.  Smiley

1. Nope. Its continuing. Maybe gaining momentum.
2. Yep. But not nearly as far past it as the bubble in 2011.
3. Just 1 signal among dozens. RSI for instance is very bullish.
4. Consolidating near highs. Exchanges evening out. Bullish news.
5. No way.  New deposits tend to lag news by about 1-2 weeks.

We are going to have 1 more awesome, mind blowing leg up. We will consolidate and work our way through several layers of resistance to 1000 in the next handful of days. Then we will blow up through 1000 and China will race towards 10k CYN, or $1630.   We might not make it there, but its going to be total chaos.

Hey windjc,

I like your posts, usually, but I'm trying to look at the data. So:
1) How do you figure the news storm is increasing? We were the #3 Google Hot Trend a couple of days ago, nothing greater since.
2) OK...
3) RSI is a trend indicator that shows both strength and weakness, depending on the window-- if it wasn't clear I'm looking at the 1 Day.
4) I'd like to have better data for volume-- definitely. I'm just looking at Gox for ARMS and then the total volume across as a number (useless?)
5) Deposits and news do not bear on volatility-- be careful to not take multiple signals from data sources you've factored.

HOWEVER: I sure hope you are right and we bust through to 790-800... because, THEN, we totally agree...  Grin

EDIT: The opportunity cost from buying in at 775 vs 800 is too great compared to the risk it slides downwards. The gains above 800, if we break through, will be worth the difference between 775 and 800. So, I stand by my 'wait and watch (carefully).'

2nd EDIT: Look at it this way, if it dives back to 350, the guy doubles his count. He should then cold store his coins, based on the fact that they will be worth 10-300K in several years. If not, and it goes up, he has a reminder to get in, in which case he should cold store his coins and multiply his count x 10-300K USD. You must think long term with this monster. (And, now, I'm talking to me.)

CryptStorm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:57:11 PM

Nope, it took me 2 months before I put money in. The demand peak might be 2 weeks from now probably

Great, but supply and demand are FUNDAMENTAL DATA, not composite. And, I tend to agree with you the fundamentals are extraordinary. (But that has nothing to do with the OPs question)

davider

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:01:05 PM

I suspect now is the time when Bitcoin will start to be driven by companies building on top of bitcoin. But remember, there is a great deal of world out there we need to bring the gospel of bitcoin to. Not just the states.

I agree. It's important to build on top of that in order to simplify the use and reach a larger audience.
briguy37

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:14:30 PM

do I

C) ??

thanks guys

Invest 30% NOW.  

If it gains, you'll get to ride it with at least a little coin, and you can rebalance as desired on the way up.  

If it falls, invest 10% more every 10% drop till you reach your target allocation %.  

Once at your target %, trade using your desired strategy, hopefully incorporating the "never sell all" lesson you've learned.  

For me, that means never go below 70%, buy with a % of your remaining cash when it drops a certain %, sell on the rebound to break even at a lower price, and rebalance on the way up for ATHs.  This makes volatility a great thing instead of something to be feared, and you still get your long-term benefits if it's just up up up.
CryptStorm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:16:22 PM

Careful, it's wicked close man!

I'm queueing up to BUY! I won't get left out (again *sniff*).

About to pull trigger.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:18:22 PM

Well, I bought 17,5 btc´s 1 hour ago at 766$ (even though I posted that I wont buy coins at this price ^^) and am already 100$ richer Grin

I have 50% of Coins (17.5) on Gox wich I will never touch and then I now have these 17.5 Coins on Bitstamp for playing around with.
CryptStorm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

Careful, it's wicked close man!

I'm queueing up to BUY! I won't get left out (again *sniff*).

About to pull trigger.

But not till it shows strength-- there's 3k coins till 800, fyi (and if it runs, that's probably worth 20 minutes.)

huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:23:53 PM

Given the bitcoin attention last days, I dont believe buying can go wrong.
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:34:26 PM

@OP When I make an investment I assume that money is forever gone. Reduced to zero. And I try to forget it and work on collecting more money going forward, occasionally peaking taking a peak at the growth of my investment. This helps. Temptation is a bitch. And when it gets ahold of you and you sell, you're gonna regret it.

+1

Detaching emotionally from your money is the single best thing you can do for your investment intelligence, and also for your happiness in life. Like you, everything I put on BTC is play money. It's fun to profit and also to be part of the early BTC history, but the money isn't really that important.
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:40:06 PM

Well, I bought 17,5 btc´s 1 hour ago at 766$ (even though I posted that I wont buy coins at this price ^^) and am already 100$ richer Grin

I have 50% of Coins (17.5) on Gox wich I will never touch and then I now have these 17.5 Coins on Bitstamp for playing around with.

If you're never going to touch the coins on Gox, why are you storing them on Gox?  Why not move them to cold storage?   Huh

CryptStorm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:46:31 PM

OK, fucking buy, dude!

Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:57:21 PM

If you're never going to touch the coins on Gox, why are you storing them on Gox?  Why not move them to cold storage?   Huh

Probably for quick sell off when the time come. Waiting deposit confirmations might be deadly

That would pretty much negate "never going to touch", as any sudden down turn then becomes, "the time" to dump. 

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:53:45 PM

i wonder if he bought back before it hit 800
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

I don't understand why people sell and then are bears. Can't you just be bear without selling? Without hoping it will go down? And just expecting to go down?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
superkawaii

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:05:30 AM

Wonder if there's a Baidu.com trends
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:07:09 AM

That's not a bit, that's a lot!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:11:05 AM

at this point, my mind is being blown on a daily basis.. i am current with the news, but i still think "wtf is going on.. this is hysteria."
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:23:09 AM

I don't understand why people sell and then are bears. Can't you just be bear without selling? Without hoping it will go down? And just expecting to go down?

Yup, if you have no coins and dont plan to buy you expecting it to go down and dont care if price goes up or down

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
GriTBitS

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:28:53 AM

Like I said hours ago when it was around 760$  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you didn't you're in a losing trade and you don't even know it. Your short in a long play! Better at least get one, because soon will only be able to buy a fraction of one! People reading charts be only looking at one time frame, You need to use at least at 3, Trend-Decision-Action If you are only staring at the 2 hour chart of course you were bearish as hell two days ago. If you're going to trade at least learn how too! Just because you hit the lotto on buying at once doesn't make you a trader.

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:33:23 AM

OP, did you buy back in yet and cut your loses? Remember the best professional traders on WS cut losses and change position very very quickly...

Truth is, I didn't really know enough at that time to grasp it all.  I had no idea about our monetary system, I had no idea why decentralized even mattered so, it really became a battle against ideology and not the tech.  As I've learned Ripple, I've learned more about the whole crypto-space.  I've learned tons about our failing global monetary system, what the bills in my wallet really are and the list goes on.  From that I realize that this is all really important.  Whether it will be Bitcoin or something like it, the truth is we have to do something.  

One of Bitcoin's greatest properties is it forces people to both learn about and question the current monetary system before one can fully buy into the concept. IMHO most people who bash Bitcoin (ignorantly) in the comment sections of MSM articles clearly are those who so far refuse to learn about the system and just take the common misconceptions as fact. Bitcoin will slowly but surely awaken many.
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Seems every hour you dont buy is missed oppurtunity forever Shocked  Smiley

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:00:58 AM

I LOLed, and felt so bad Embarrassed

Coinseeker

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:12:20 AM

One of Bitcoin's greatest properties is it forces people to both learn about and question the current monetary system before one can fully buy into the concept. IMHO most people who bash Bitcoin (ignorantly) in the comment sections of MSM articles clearly are those who so far refuse to learn about the system and just take the common misconceptions as fact. Bitcoin will slowly but surely awaken many.

I couldn't agree more.  These crypto solutions require users to take more responsibility over their money and in order to do that, people will need to be educated on a multitude of levels.  We can't expect people to get it by osmosis.  There is a long, exciting road ahead for crypto currencies and I'm just glad to be a part of it. I look forward to seeing the change that this is going to bring to the lives of so many people.  Monetary freedom.  Who would have thought such could even be possible?  Shocked

saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:40:43 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

GriTBitS

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:56:25 AM

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

Sounds Great!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

nanobtc

Activity: 600
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 04:59:27 AM

I keep 50/50 fiat/btc in an exchange. I keep two bid/ask orders 11% below/above the current price. During big swings in either direction I manually change that difference to 20% or more.

Lennon: "free as a bird"
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:04:51 AM

It's gonna take a little balls but I think we will see a significant correction at some point...

slikes

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:27:39 AM

I sold at ¥3000 on BTC China. I'm just now buying back in at ¥5400. I've been praying for the price to dip for the last few days, but things are relatively stable compared to Monday. A crash is a few days off at least in my eyes.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 01:12:20 PM

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest.  

Am I an idiot?  Yes.  

Not an idiot at all. We all succumb to temptation.  It's only worse when you monitor it every second of your life.

I have converted 1/3 of my coins into casascius coins I believe are worth having.  It's a great way to limit yourself from completely cashing out.  It's worked for me.  I forgot about these coins as they just sit in a dark safe, and yet despite all the ups and downs, these coins have been continuously on the ride to the top.  Sometimes I pepper the coins all over desk, around the iMac as I work.  Makes me feel good looking at all that shine and ever-growing value. Tongue

I bought a bunch back at $770 the other day and do not regret it one bit as it's almost $870 today. I use coinbase pricing.

If you look back a few days you see there was ALMOST a chain reaction as it was nose diving, but it bounced back around $400 (the lowest), so if all goes to hell, the most I could lose is half of my investment. I don't believe it will just vanish unless someone hacks me or robs me of my physical coins.  And now it seems to have stabilized after that chaotic day.  I feel pretty confident and I listed my reasons in this topic in a previous post.

Anyway enough of my rant.  Best of luck to you and I hope you join us on the road to $1K and beyond!  Shocked Shocked  Grin
kevschmitt

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

I keep 50/50 fiat/btc in an exchange. I keep two bid/ask orders 11% below/above the current price. During big swings in either direction I manually change that difference to 20% or more.

I use a similar strategy, and it's helped keep the emotions out.  I keep 20% in fiat, 80% BTC.   This automatically sells whats high and buys what's low.   
darkshadowgirl

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:05:15 PM

I did the exact opposite of you  Grin. I Bought at 600$

Duh. 
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:41:30 PM

What happens if big dump happens, you auto buy BTC with all fiat? It might be problem to sell the BTC for higher price than you bought, no?

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

Sell low/ buy high is a common mistake. Wait, we will see a pullback one way or the other.

Cheesy

op was right to buy back some (50% ?).

what are you doing with the other half?
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:02:44 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

Except for the one time you sell and the price doesn't go down.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:08:44 PM

it´s like nl hold'em poker. you can do very well at all those little moves, but one incident of bad luck or mistake can take you all (your coins) out
Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:10:53 PM

it´s like nl hold'em poker. you can do very well at all those little moves, but one incident of bad luck or mistake can take you all (your coins) out

Not true.
You can reduce the profit with bad trading. But when you never buy high and sell low, you'll allways increase your wealth. Possible not in BTC, but in total fiat+btc.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:14:21 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

Not true.
You can reduce the profit with bad trading. But when you never buy high and sell low, you'll allways increase your wealth. Possible not in BTC, but in total fiat+btc.

Not on gox with 0.6% fee... only when big price changes are.
saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:17:42 PM

Cheesy

i bought back 25% of the BTC i sold.  i only buy what i can afford to lose and that's about it for right now.  

the rest of the money is waiting for another dump before 1000.

favelle75

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:26:47 PM

Not true.

Exactly. You only lose when you get caught in the bear or bull traps. I determine my wealth by total fiat+BTC...so I try not to "buy back" when it incurs a loss of either. ie, don't panic FFS.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:32:00 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 12:56:47 PM by 600watt

Cheesy

good luck, mate. surely know how it feels.

losing coins is just terrible.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:06:32 AM

Not true.

But in the example above and always selling all, he might never rebuy BTC back after $580 sell. So he is plus with fiat, but missing oppurtunity with BTC future
nanobtc

Activity: 600
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:45:15 AM

What happens if big dump happens, you auto buy BTC with all fiat? It might be problem to sell the BTC for higher price than you bought, no?

I keep most of my BTC in cold storage, and just a couple to play with like this.  In the case of a big dump, I am happy to buy more coins cheap. I believe in the future of BTC, and believe that it will mostly go up in the long run. I would be more worried about a big rally that kept going on, and having more $$$ than BTC at the end.

It's Goxtool, a bot in Linux running a balancer strategy and if it keeps going in either direction it continually places smaller and smaller orders to not get too far from 50/50. I can sleep and work knowing it will catch changes. In the present rally, I have it set for 20%, so that also slows it down (and reduces Gox fees with less frequent trading).

I am a computer guy, not an investing guy, here were my Four Steps to Know That I am Not a BTC Trader (at this point).

1. Newbie, bought half a coin.
2. Placed an ask for it all 50% higher, it hit.
3. Placed a bid for it all at a steep profit, it hit. I SHOULD QUIT MY JOB, THIS IS EASY!
4. Repeat a few times, lost $80. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING! THIS IS NOT SO EASY!

So, running the bot is a lot easier and a lot more reliable than me doing it. It basically buys on the way down, and sells on the way up in small amounts. The BTC market is strange and fascinating, and I have learned a lot.

Lennon: "free as a bird"
accord01

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:58:13 AM

I would suggest to buy right now as in within the next 10 sec, before prices jump over 800 again and don't look back for the next 4-5days, then it is on to testing 999
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:06:44 PM

I sold some Btc at 680 USD and a little more at 750 before prices shoot up to 800-900
As I cannot tell whats going on anymore I used the money to buy Litecoins when they where around 7-8 USD.
Litecoins are today at 16 USD and going up so I doubled my money.
I wont be operating Bitcoin for a while. Things are just crazy.
favelle75

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:39:11 PM

I sold my given chunk at $828...now just sitting and waiting.....and waiting......

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:12:27 PM

This thread looks very oversold, do we agree on that?

FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

Don't feel bad, I sold 5 @ $700 hoping to buyback lower and got burnt. Bought back in today, but have less coins now. Will be much more careful in the future. I am going to horde and just play with these 5.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
tearfereon

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:39:44 PM

Too much hope here for crash and buying cheaper  Smiley
Possible, but Im not betting on crash
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:42:09 PM

Too much hope here for crash and buying cheaper  Smiley
Possible, but Im not betting on crash

In fact we could just go up - and up we go.

BTC is going mainstream, world wide.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:47:04 PM

LOL

You get the idea.

I turned my bots off and just went long .. The best trading strategy right now is to just sit long

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:48:12 PM

i have lost so many btc to foolish calls, don't do it. got a 1/3 of what i had in july.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:48:22 PM

I would suggest to buy right now as in within the next 10 sec, before prices jump over 800 again and don't look back for the next 4-5days, then it is on to testing 999

nice call !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: