Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - Mastercoin is looking for someone to lead the Smart Property feature  (Read 2349 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:41:33 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:45:28 PM by ripper234

Hi all,

We are looking for someone to lead the Smart Property feature of Mastercoin.
Just to clarify - we're not necessarily looking for a Tech Lead, but rather for a Feature Leader.

The responsibility of this leader would be to total, start-to-finish responsibility for driving the feature. This means, among others:

1. Defining the precise business use-case
2. Generating the PR material (e.g. one-pager, blog posts, whatever is needed)
3. Communicating with potential customers of this feature, understanding their needs, and ultimately converting them to actual customers.
4. Driving the technical implementation, schedules, testing...

You don't have to be a technical purpose to achieve the above.

You will get any help you require from The Mastercoin Foundation and community, in the form of information, budget, and connections. I'd like to remind everyone that we have a budget of over 5000 bitcoins (and some mastercoins) dedicated to promoting the project. We will be able to allocate appropriate parts of that budget for this feature.

I'm super excited to see this taking off!

Ron

P.S.
Please send applications to info@mastercoin.org
Personal queries can be sent to ron.gross@gmail.com - I hate bitcointalk pms  Undecided

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:53:16 AM

Would love to take this on. Will email you

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:56:17 AM

Please email info@mastercoin.org - thanks!

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:25:12 PM

Please email info@mastercoin.org - thanks!

done. saw the whole email now.

djohnston

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:12:54 AM

The Mastercoin Foundation asked me to review the candidates and select a "Smart Property Lead / Evangelist".
I want to thank all the people that applied for the Mastercoin Foundation Smart Property Lead position. I was glad to talk with each of you individually and hear how passionate you are for contributing to the Mastercoin open source project.

After much consideration I've selected Taariq Lewis for the position. Many of you might recognize Taariq from his interview on CCTV. He is passionate about Bitcoin and developing one of the first projects on top of the Mastercoin Protocol smart property feature.

Taariq will be serving at the point person for the Smart Property feature in the sense that he will be talking with other developers that want to build on top of the MSC protocol smart property feature, gathering community input, and bridging a dialog between the awesome developers coding it up and those that want to use the feature.

Here is his Linkedin profile to see his back ground: www.linkedin.com/in/taariq Preferred channels:
Email: taariq.lewis@gmail.com
Phone: (646) 479 - 6098

(Yes I asked if I could post these publicly)

Thanks again to Taariq for offering his valuable time serving the community in this position.

David A. Johnston Mastercoin Foundation Board Member

“The state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else.” ― Frédéric Bastiat
ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:24:12 AM

The Mastercoin Foundation asked me to review the candidates and select a "Smart Property Lead / Evangelist".
I want to thank all the people that applied for the Mastercoin Foundation Smart Property Lead position. I was glad to talk with each of you individually and hear how passionate you are for contributing to the Mastercoin open source project.

After much consideration I've selected Taariq Lewis for the position. Many of you might recognize Taariq from his interview on CCTV. He is passionate about Bitcoin and developing one of the first projects on top of the Mastercoin Protocol smart property feature.

Taariq will be serving at the point person for the Smart Property feature in the sense that he will be talking with other developers that want to build on top of the MSC protocol smart property feature, gathering community input, and bridging a dialog between the awesome developers coding it up and those that want to use the feature.

Here is his Linkedin profile to see his back ground: www.linkedin.com/in/taariq Preferred channels:

Thanks again to Taariq for offering his valuable time serving the community in this position.

Great news. Congrats Taariq.

ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:40:23 AM

Welcome Taariq to the Mastercoin team!

I'm looking forward to your leadership on this core Mastecoin feature.
I expect lots of very interesting endeavors and entrepreneurs to congregate on this focal point.

Thanks David for leading this hiring, we got loads of qualified CVs and picking just one has been a difficult task, I'm glad you took it upon yourself.

Good luck,

Ron

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:36:45 AM

Excellent choice. I've seen him on reddit and he's perfect for this role.
tlewis

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:43:33 AM

Thanks for the congrats! I've just spent the last 3 hours reading EVERYTHING on Mastercoin's amazing growth.

Wow!
nanobit

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:11:21 PM

Thanks for the congrats! I've just spent the last 3 hours reading EVERYTHING on Mastercoin's amazing growth.

Wow!

Congratulations Taariq!
This might be too soon, but I'm interested what are the first/next steps for the near future (e.g. 1-8 weeks)?

Also I'd be interested in hearing if you have any thoughts yet on how could you keep us informed on how things are going? I see  communication in general as a huge challenge in the Mastercoin program currently; the best way to try to keep yourself up to date on the status is read the 100+ page "Exodus address" thread.
This of course is a natural side-effect when you have hardcore engineers running a project, but I wish you'll keep communication towards the community a priority, and set a great example for the other sub-projects. Smiley

Congrats again!
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:13:38 PM

Wow!

Congratulations Taariq!
This might be too soon, but I'm interested what are the first/next steps for the near future (e.g. 1-8 weeks)?

Also I'd be interested in hearing if you have any thoughts yet on how could you keep us informed on how things are going? I see  communication in general as a huge challenge in the Mastercoin program currently; the best way to try to keep yourself up to date on the status is read the 100+ page "Exodus address" thread.
This of course is a natural side-effect when you have hardcore engineers running a project, but I wish you'll keep communication towards the community a priority, and set a great example for the other sub-projects. Smiley

Congrats again!

How about an official twitter account for us to follow?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:27:11 PM

Wow!

Congratulations Taariq!

Congrats again!

check out blog.mastercoin.org

there are updates there every few days of the most important events and weekly updates as well
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:41:01 PM

How about an official twitter account for us to follow?

We have https://twitter.com/MSCProtocol which is currently underused.
We are reviving it however and will post future updates there as well.

We're also working on revamping the homepage and getting all of our social links in there as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: