Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RARE COLLECTIBLE - Handcarved Indian Sandalwood Statue  (Read 6120 times)
G K G (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:01:14 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 03:41:48 AM by G K G

This is a  PRICELESS RARE piece of Handcarved Sandalwood Idol of the Hindu God, KRISHNA. The artwork used in this artifact is very rare to be seen today.

I'll give a 5% discount when payed in DOGEcoin or Protoshares

Please Note that this a Expensive Rare Object and is a Collectible Artwork
People who wish to make a quick profit by trading with it pls excuse

SANDALWOOD:
It is carved on the rarest species of sandalwood family, The Indian Sandalwood (Santalum Album http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandalwood). The Sandalwood itself is listed as threatened species, so it is precious and expensive in its own way. The price of the raw wood has sky rocketed over the past few years. It will cost 1000 USD for 2 pounds of original raw wood piece of Santalum Album in the USA at today's price. The fragrance from sandalwood has a lot of spiritual and medical importance. The sandalwood oil is used in special cosmetics and ayurvedic medicines.
The objects made of sandalwood are the most famous among the other wooden artifacts for its intricate carving and its sweet fragrance. Such things are considered to be the most expensive.

THE STATUE:

The wood used here is a original Santalum Album from the forests of Karnataka & Tamilnadu states in India, which is the largest producer of Satalum Album
The Artifact is more than 40years old and had decorated my family home during my father's period. It'll perfume the room with its fragrance for many centuries, and it gains more value over time.
The whole piece weighs about 5pounds(2.27kg) and approximately 18inches high and 4inches wide.

It is a cylindrical masterpiece, with each and every inch specially handcrafted to depict the tale of LORD KRISHNA in one single Santalum Album heartwood piece.
The front Centerpiece is a full height Idol of Lord Krishna playing a flute.
At the rear there are Six different carvings, with each representing the story of Lord Krishna from birth to adulthood, and each is a masterpiece of its own.
(From bottom Left going clockwise to the bottom right)
1. Infant Krishna with foster mother Yasoda
2. Krishna as a kid stealing yogurt unknown to mother Yasoda.
3. Krishna in his teens. (NOTE: There is a small damage at right hand of this carving)
4. Krishna and Radha falling in Devine Love.
5. Krishna standing in onle leg while posing as a GOD.
6. Krishna playing flute.

The reason I've mentioned this as a RARE & PRICELESS is because it is very unique with the whole life story of Lord Krishna carved into one single Sandalwood piece, and craftmanship where it is carved in a cylindrical form, giving a 360degree show of fine artwork, cannot be found in today's hand carved atrs. And also this piece is very rare to be found even with old and antique collections (I've enquired all the sandalwood handcraft producers and the Indian Government Handicraft outlet - KhadiCraft). It is valued over 17000USD when sold in international auctions.

This object is very old and not been handled or cleaned for over 2 decades. The pictures here are taken before cleaning it.
It has been sent for polishing and I'll post new Pictures of it in 3-4 days.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY POOR SKILL OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Full Album : http://imgur.com/a/SCuSn/embed

The PRICE is : 13 BTC (inclusive of Shipping)

I'll give a 5% discount when payed in DOGEcoin or Protoshares

NOTE:
The Product will be Shipped from INDIA. The Indian Government has strict regulation for exporting Sandalwood in Raw form, but there are no restrictions for exporting Sandalwood Handcrafts and are exempted from export duty. So no need to worry about buying an illegal artifact.
The buyer will have to bare the import duty(if any) and also will have to check for any import restriction at his destination country.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:22:18 AM

How can it be "PRICELESS" and 13 BTC at the same time  Huh
virtual_goods

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:24:31 AM

13 BTC for.... that...?
G K G (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:20:06 AM

13 BTC for.... that...?

Yes it is very old & Expensive. It is a collectible artwork, not a object that could be traded for a quick buck. And also the pictures were taken before polishing out the 20 years of dust.

Please get updated in 4 days for new set of pictures after it gets cleaned & polished. Then you could see the true craftsmanship that worth more than the price mentioned.

I was figuring out a way to sell it in a proper auction, which could take up a couple of months time.
So just thought i could use that time to share this to the bitcoin community and give them a chance to own it.

So if this Statue mean to value for someone who understands the nature of Sandalwood and appreciate the Craftsmanship involved, this is your chance.

OR you can just take the chance to know these types of Artifacts and share in your views  Smiley

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:48:13 AM

13 BTC for.... that...?

Yes it is very old & Expensive. It is a collectible artwork, not a object that could be traded for a quick buck. And also the pictures were taken before polishing out the 20 years of dust.

Please get updated in 4 days for new set of pictures after it gets cleaned & polished. Then you could see the true craftsmanship that worth more than the price mentioned.

I was figuring out a way to sell it in a proper auction, which could take up a couple of months time.
So just thought i could use that time to share this to the bitcoin community and give them a chance to own it.

So if this Statue mean to value for someone who understands the nature of Sandalwood and appreciate the Craftsmanship involved, this is your chance.

OR you can just take the chance to know these types of Artifacts and share in your views  Smiley

Might have been a good idea to give it a quick clean before posting any pics. How hard would that have been?
G K G (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:00:50 AM

13 BTC for.... that...?

Might have been a good idea to give it a quick clean before posting any pics. How hard would that have been?

Cleaning and Polishing Sandalwood is not easy. One should use proper cleansers suitable for sandalwood, so it doesn't affect its natural fragrance.

Sandalwood is a very unique variety of wood. It gives out fragrance stronger than any flower in the world.
You don't need to get your nose closer to it to inhale the fragrance. Just being in a room with one of these is enough to experience the sweet fragrance of it. And adding more beauty to it is that it doesn't fade out, it continues to produce fragrance for centuries. That is why i had to be very careful not to disturb its nature.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: