Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cash Loan with Bitcoin Collateral?  (Read 3166 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:24:53 AM

Hey everyone, recently some unexpected costs have arisen and I am hoping to ease the burden with a potential loan. I am a student and there is a trip planned which I plan to go to (Brussels, Utrecht & Bruges Cheesy), the problem is I need to pay the deposit over the next few days, I also need to buy a passport which also costs more than I initially anticipated. I can just about afford those however money-wise I will be short for the next month or so, as a result I would like to see if its possible to get a cash loan?

I do have 0.5BTC which I have reserved, I could obviously just sell it (which is an option) however I am worried that by the time my money comes through (January 6th) the price might end up much higher forcing me to pay extra to get the same equivalent of BTC that I sold. I beleive it is important to at least same my small holding of Bitcoins for the future. I think it is a better idea for me to keep that small reserve of Bitcoin and perhaps send some of it to the lender as collateral for the loan instead, this means I can repay the loan with cash and get my Bitcoins back in return, without potentially losing my reserve of coins. I will have £1,700 (cash) in January so that is when I would want to repay the loan, the money is expected on the 6th however I would like to maybe schedule the repayment for say the 25th of January just to account for any possible delays in that payment (just in case).

I am looking for a loan in the range of £100 to £700, obviously if I am to offer my 0.5BTC as collateral then I guess lenders wont be interested in lending the top end? I should also add that my account is under my real name, all of my transactions to date have gone through without using Escrow so that also adds to my legitimacy. I am happy to provide some ID too. I really don't need the loan however I would rather pay some interest with cash rather than risking my small stake in Bitcoin.

Obviously I am looking for members who have a clean history, either dealing with lending or transactions. I have never asked for a loan on here before so please get back to me with your suggestions and feedback etc. It is 1:18am here so I will be getting some sleep for tonight, I will be online again later tomorrow to check any PM's and this thread. Feel free to make any offers and let me know your thoughts on possible conditions if this interests you. Thanks.

Details:
Loan: £100 - £700
Repayment date: 25th January 2013
Collateral: up to 0.5BTC (or whatever else is common as as collateral?)
Paypal is to risky, I would prefer a bank transfer (UK Bank).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator