Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory Not Working Without Bitcoincore  (Read 1269 times)
swagatopablo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

I am a total noob in bitcoin and need some guidance. I have recently installed armory (on Linux) and set up a wallet even though yet to put any funds in it. I have a few questions.

• Is a wallet specific to a PC or the wallet data stored somewhere in the cloud?
  • Is armory a good choice?
  • Armory instructs me to download bitcoind or bitcoin core but the somehow most of the pages on the bitcoin.org site seem to be off line. Is that site really reliable or is it only from my PC I am seeing this problem?
  • What is the relation between a wallet, a bitcoin address and a client like armory? Is it same as a the online storage space on google and my gmail address? Like the space stores the email and the gmail address is how I access it.

Probably the questions are too basic and have been discussed multiple times. But the different terms that have been uses seem somewhat confusing. So I just needed some specific answers. Thanks a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:49:19 AM

I am a total noob in bitcoin and need some guidance. I have recently installed armory (on Linux) and set up a wallet even though yet to put any funds in it. I have a few questions.

Is a wallet specific to a PC or the wallet data stored somewhere in the cloud?

Wallet data is stored localy.

Is armory a good choice?

Yes

Armory instructs me to download bitcoind or bitcoin core but the somehow most of the pages on the bitcoin.org site seem to be off line. Is that site really reliable or is it only from my PC I am seeing this problem?

Its usually very realiable and I can currently reach it. Armory needs bitcoin core / bitcoind in order to work. You will also have to download the blockchain. You might want to get a torrent [1] for that.

What is the relation between a wallet, a bitcoin address and a client like armory?

A Wallet is a piece of software that helps you to manage your private keys. These private keys allow you to spend the coins that have been send to your addresses.

Is it same as a the online storage space on google and my gmail address? Like the space stores the email and the gmail address is how I access it.

Sorry, I dont understand that. But google offers a service where you are dependent. Armory is something you do localy and you do not rely on anyone else.

Probably the questions are too basic and have been discussed multiple times. But the different terms that have been uses seem somewhat confusing. So I just needed some specific answers. Thanks a lot.

Yes, almost all questions have been asked allready, but thats just the nature of things. As long as you show willingness to learn and read you will usually get an answer here.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: