Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick help for a noob please  (Read 520 times)
paravians (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:09:23 PM

Hi,
sorry I've been searching the forum with no luck. I sent money from my wallet at blockchain.info to a wallet that does not exist (I pasted a previously deleted address ). Now the transaction (obviously) shows as Unconfirmed, Very Poor etc. It's been like that for many hours, nothing's happening.
What can I do to delete it so I can make a new one to the right address? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScripterRon

Activity: 136
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:46:03 PM

I saw a similar problem in another thread.  The proposed solution was to send the money again to the correct address and include a higher transaction fee.  This should cause the transaction to get quickly included in a block.  When the bad transaction is eventually processed, it will be rejected as a double spend.

Ron
paravians (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:01:20 PM

thanks I've been reading everywhere since I posted... what I thought was relatively simple to solve, sadly looks like I've lost all my money Sad

First, a minute ago, blockchain.info now shows '1 transaction' (as said I deleted that wallet so looks like my money is going to someone else!?)

Second, thanks for the tip but if I try to send the money again, it obviously says INSUFFICIENT FUNDS.

This thing is diabolical, I simply copied/pasted the wrong address can't believe there is no undo.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

What wallet are you using?

paravians (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:07:39 PM

Sorry don't understand the question...'what wallet'?? I just wanted to send money from my wallet at blockchain.info to a friends's wallet, instead I sent the money to a wallet that was previously deleted.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:09:29 PM

Hi,
sorry I've been searching the forum with no luck. I sent money from my wallet at blockchain.info to a wallet that does not exist (I pasted a previously deleted address ). Now the transaction (obviously) shows as Unconfirmed, Very Poor etc. It's been like that for many hours, nothing's happening.
What can I do to delete it so I can make a new one to the right address? Thanks!

If the address that you sent it to was a valid bitcoin address, there is nothing that you can do.  It's just gone.  Even the prior poster's suggestion of sending a new one with a higher fee will not work, because even if your wallet client would do it (it shouldn't, you'd have to hack it) the rest of the network will reject the new one if it includes any of the coins that the first transaction has in it.  That would be, by definition, a double spend attempt.  The network is designed to make this particularly difficult, and peer nodes won't even forward the new transaction onto it's own peers if it has already seen the first transaction, because the first transaction has already used those data points/inputs and that renders the second transaction invalid.  Transaction propogation is fast enough that 99.999% of all network nodes have already seen your first transaction by the time you had the ability to compose your original post in this thread.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:12:07 PM

Hi,

What wallet are you using?

he's using the official blockhain wallet Wink
https://blockchain.info/wallet

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:15:28 PM

if it makes you feel any better, all of us are now a little bit wealthier. Smiley

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:20:28 PM

if it makes you feel any better, all of us are now a little bit wealthier. Smiley

Well, all of us that have bitcoins...

...excepting himself, of course.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

This thing is diabolical, I simply copied/pasted the wrong address can't believe there is no undo.

Perhaps you should wait a few more years before committing any significant investment into bitcoins.

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:31:46 PM

Perhaps you should wait a few more years before committing any significant investment into bitcoins.

always double-check any major transaction within bitcoin because bitcoin isn't paypal!
bitcoin is a irreversible currency and that's why many people like it Smiley

chr0npiles

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:06:19 AM

always double-check any major transaction within bitcoin because bitcoin isn't paypal!
bitcoin is a irreversible currency and that's why many people like it Smiley

Yes, but definitely a rude awakening for those of us who are familiar with those processes and methods.  I won a few coins gambling when I first bought in, and, like a fucking retard, sent the coins to a Mt. Gox address that was not set up to accept deposits for my account.  4.6 coins gone.  Lost forever to the abyss that is the Gox.  Fuck those guys for not even replying to my support email, but the only fault was mine and my stupidity. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: