Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins value?  (Read 203 times)
1020kingz (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:36:29 AM

To think there are hundreds of altcoins out there and hundreds of upcoming ICO’s promoting altcoins and their uses. I wonder how can an altcoin have value when there are lot of altcoins have almost the same platform and uses? what are the basis of this value in an altcoin that have the same uses?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:10:32 AM

To think there are hundreds of altcoins out there and hundreds of upcoming ICO’s promoting altcoins and their uses. I wonder how can an altcoin have value when there are lot of altcoins have almost the same platform and uses? what are the basis of this value in an altcoin that have the same uses?

i think, the law of supply and demands, make the altcoins have a value
more demands come, the price will be more valuable

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:26:20 AM

If you clever then you will never invest a money on new coins which has the same use of exciting coins because those coins may end in a shit coin. It is not hundreds but currently more than 1500 coins are in the market and market slowly matures then some of these shits coins will disappear from the market. So it is very important to invest only in good coins and wait for them to give you good returns.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:28:57 AM

it all depends on the developer of the related platform
developers who always update and run the roadmap on time, will become a market holder in the same concept
KagiSama

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:38:18 AM

because every ICO have different project and they also have different advantages. so the better project and advantages will be success and their ICO price will be expensive.
ART4815

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:49:06 AM

Most ICOs do not need their own coin.
Teams just want to attract money and make up an unnecessary or repetitive functional. 2-3% of projects are worthy of attention, even fewer projects will be able to realize their idea and contribute to the growth of the price of the token. 99% of projects do not understand liquidity and money circulation and are simply unable to come up with an economy that will create a deficit. WP for many projects are written by marketing agencies and there is no economic content in them. More projects are experiencing problems with developers and programmers, for some projects they are simply missing. There are no professional investment consultants on the market, any ICO is just PR and marketing. ICO can be compared with a boiler - it is a prohibited practice in financial markets. Investors should be more careful. It seems that now professionals come to the market as an ALFA Rating, but it is not profitable for PR agency and projects simply can not distinguish listings from real analytical agencies in which professional analysts from investment banks have gathered like here www.alfarating.com
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:27:15 AM

Supply and demand becomes the main things to determine the final price of the token itself. I guess you could see that so many fixed price coin gets unexpected value because it has various supply and demand. Even there are some projects are working on the same platform but it seems like the supply will give different result on the final price of every token.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:31:28 AM

Further as what I think there are numerous ICOs out there, yes they are promoting altcoins and the benefits they can gain if they would participate, sadly almost all altcoins provide us the same platform, the uses, but actually even if they are almost all the same, we can differentiate these altcoins through their value, the price in the market, and the rankings, pretty much almost all altcoins provides advanced security.
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:38:28 AM

The value is determined by the supply and demand, there is where the magic is based on.

The demand can make the price go towards $100, or zero in a few seconds, that is why there are a lot of pump and dumps on cryptos.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:57:14 AM

You have to understand that most of an altcoin's value isn't actually derived from how used it is in the real world. It's all about how investors feel about it as an investment, and whether or not they feel strongly that its prices are going to go up in the future.

You're right though, there are probably hundreds of overlapping alts trying to be the same sort of thing right now.

However, it doesn't mean that there is only one of these altcoins that will have value. Each of these projects, even though they may be pretty much the same in their agenda, will have subtle differences and have their own community and investors behind them that don't believe in the other projects. At the end of the day, it's about supply and demand. It's not about whose products get used the most, at least not entirely.
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:58:20 AM

The differences in value is based on the projects management and dedication to the project, An example is a project which is lowly marketed but its implication and impact is bigger than the highly marketed project, this means investors will only learn about the highly marketed project and invest in it.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:02:37 AM

yes all of projects nowadays had the same platform and vision to achieve , but it depends to the team behind how to promote their project, which how they can convince more investors to contribute on their ICO(project).
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:34:57 AM

solutions or problem solvers they offer and the advantages of their products from competitors. I think that's the reason some users prefer it over other similar projects.
boss@laway

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:36:28 AM

altcoin is a volatile asset (relative to FIAT) and this fact should be taken into consideration, especially in the days when the altcoin value is moving sharply. Bitcoin and Altcoins have an inverse relationship in their value, i.e.  so it is better to have close targets for our trades or not to trade at all.
yigga

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:38:34 AM

Well, as an example, i am always investing in those icos/tokens that i see that their tokens have a real usage, just take a look over LOCI, a very undervalued token that might be more than useful in a near future (a real product, with a real usage)

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:42:07 AM

value is always based on utility. altcoins have none of that so their only value comes from speculation and it is purely depending on how the speculators are treating the market. and since most of them are only interested in making profit and getting out, the altcoins have turned into pump and dumps where they go in, pump, get out and move on to the next one.

the real value however should be given to innovation and to those coins that are actually solving some problems. but unfortunately such coins go unnoticed only because their supply is reasonable hence their market caps are smaller.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:43:07 AM

The value of altcoins will depend on the  number of investors. If there are many investors then the token will prosper.
To achieve such thing promotion is necessary.

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:48:28 AM

I don't think the current altcoin is worth anything.
Their existence is just for hype. Sad

Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:07:20 AM

Yup many new coins with same use are coming into market.never invest into these kind of coins.always try to invest on mature Altcoins like ETH,LTC,BCH.these are strong Altcoin and you can expect to get handsome ROI from them.now a days many shit coins which are hyped only are entering identify them and avoid to invest in these.make research on coins and invest only in those which are continously backed by developers.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:08:42 AM

depending on the altcoin developer if they have a good concept and the real project is very good for the altcoin, but if the developers only temporarily want to promote their ico there is no development for the future it will be destroyed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: