Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain help  (Read 236 times)
notsobrite (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

Ok...I was supposedly paid by someone and they sent bitcoin to my blockchain account.  The dollar amount shows up, but I cant send, transfer or spend any of them. It is an imported account and it says I need the private key.  How do I get that?  I will pay the first person who helps me .5 bitcoin.

Tim notsobrite

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
starmyc

Activity: 198
Merit: 130

Some random software engineer

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:57:07 PM

Ok...I was supposedly paid by someone and they sent bitcoin to my blockchain account.  The dollar amount shows up, but I cant send, transfer or spend any of them. It is an imported account and it says I need the private key.  How do I get that?  I will pay the first person who helps me .5 bitcoin.

Tim notsobrite

What software are you using? How did you import the account? From where?

Hi, I'm just some random software engineer.
You can check my projects: Bitcoin & altcoin balances/addresses listing dumps: https://balances.crypto-nerdz.org/
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2018, 06:30:34 PM by Xynerise
Merited by aleksej996 (1)

Ok...I was supposedly paid by someone and they sent bitcoin to my blockchain account.  The dollar amount shows up, but I cant send, transfer or spend any of them. It is an imported account and it says I need the private key.  How do I get that?  I will pay the first person who helps me .5 bitcoin.

Tim notsobrite
You were most likely scammed.
That's a watch only address.
You imported an Address, not a private key.
Anyone can import a bitcoin ADDRESS to watch the "balance" and transactions of the address, but unless you have the private key to that address, you can't spend from it.
So if the person gave you just a bitcoin address to import then he scammed you.
For example, this is Bitfinex's cold wallet Address: 3D2oetdNuZUqQHPJmcMDDHYoqkyNVsFk9r
It contains billions of dollars worth of bitcoin, everyone can see the amount and transactions, but only Bitfinex can spend from it because only they have the private key.
You can import that Address into your blockchain.info wallet to WATCH the address, but that DOES NOT mean you can spend from it.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:28:36 PM

It may be to late now, but take a look at the formats of private keys to avoid this problem in the future: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

An address only start with a 1 or a 3. Unless, it's a segwit address which starts with bc1. bc = Bech32, but will always have a 1 after it. Whenever you are sending Bitcoin to an address (thes ones which start with 1, 3, or if segwit bc1) make sure you have access to the private key which corresponds to that address. You can import this into a desktop wallet such as Bitcoin core to verify if the private key is indeed to the address you are sending too.

Where did you get this address from to import it into your wallet? You should never import any address that you haven't actually generated.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:35:55 PM

Where did you get the imported wallet?

You must provide complete details of your issue from blockchain. Like the other said maybe you put a public key and your wallet from blockchain is a watch-only wallet.

You can get the private key in the wallet where you get your imported wallet.

Do you have any seed phrase save? If you had the seed phrase you can recover it in blockchain here https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/recover

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:40:31 PM

I assume you are talking about blockchain.info account, if not please do tell more
Did you give him an address from your account/wallet to get paid?
or you imported an address given by him to your account/wallet?
if what happened was the latter then I believe you've been scammed Embarrassed

picostocks

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:19:50 AM

Tim notsobrite

For almost sure you used the blockchain.info account and you have been scammed... It may be the painful lesson for the future Sad
cutikanzilong

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:48:02 AM

The rapid development of bitcoin everybody competes to get as much as bitcoin which justifies various ways. I think you have been cheated, be careful with the presence of a new person you are not convinced of. Fraud is a painful thing for us
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: