Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction fees on BlockChain are so high  (Read 406 times)
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:39:10 PM

a days before i was giving 0.30 - 0.60$ for Transaction fee on Blockchain today i woke up and i found it 2$ and when i send big amount it goes up to 10$ on regular not even priority. Does anyone have an explanation for this ?

Check these picture to understand what i'm talking :

https://imgur.com/a/6sjgg3q

Bitcoin transaction fee is high indeed, but not all blockchains fee high as bitcoin fee.
If you using altcoins, you will know that the fee is low, it can be lower than $1.
I am using ethereum, if network stable, the fee only $0.1

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:08:29 PM

If you consider the amount of commission for the transfer of BTC in dollars, it turns out that it depends on the cost of the bitcoin itself, and it becomes obvious that when the BTC is expensive then the commission is high. At the same time, the cost of commissions depends on the workload in the BTC network, it is enough to recall the last autumn and what were the huge commissions.

Not true. The price currently is very high (compared to 2015, 2016, etc.) but the fees are considered low by many, OP included; while in Dec 2018 when the price was only 2x higher than today the fees were aproximately 1000x higher. So the fees are high whenever volatility is high and bitcoin changes hands quickly (and blockchain cannot accomodate all transactions), not when the price is relatively high.
blacksnapper94

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

there are several reasons why the transaction price in the blockchain is very high among them is busy or solid Bitcoin network at this time. Typically, costs will increase as long as the fluctuations of the value of Bitcoin and the world's major events are sudden, and
Your Bitcoin wallet has a micro deposit history (such as referral bonus). If your wallet has a large number of small deposits, your transaction size will become larger because it consists of many inputs. The larger the transaction size, the higher the cost of Blockchain.
ThePogi

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:00:48 AM

there are several reasons why the transaction price in the blockchain is very high among them is busy or solid Bitcoin network at this time. Typically, costs will increase as long as the fluctuations of the value of Bitcoin and the world's major events are sudden, and
Your Bitcoin wallet has a micro deposit history (such as referral bonus). If your wallet has a large number of small deposits, your transaction size will become larger because it consists of many inputs. The larger the transaction size, the higher the cost of Blockchain.
Yes i Agree with this one and it depends on market value also and how you want to claim your bitcoin so fast. And there a times that transaction fees are very low and so fast much better you take monitor on it time to time.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:51:58 AM

a days before i was giving 0.30 - 0.60$ for Transaction fee on Blockchain today i woke up and i found it 2$ and when i send big amount it goes up to 10$ on regular not even priority. Does anyone have an explanation for this ?

Check these picture to understand what i'm talking :

https://imgur.com/a/6sjgg3q

There is nothing to be weird if transaction fee still below $5. i have read from some peoples that they even pay a $14 fee.
Where does your bitcoin is ? if it on the exchange, i suggest you to sell your bitcoin to another coin first, then transfer it into your wallet.
Danstan

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

depending on what block change you use, if you are in a hurry to send BTC to someone and concern about the fee then try other that can satisfy you need or can meet your demands, if you say this block chain is very high on charging your transaction then look for another that is why we have different kind of block chains..
komisan

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:51:51 AM

Centralization vs. Decentralization: Making a parallel, the Dollar is a centralized currency. The center would be the central bank, the federal reserve, the government, etc. This center has the power to control the issue (inflation) of the currency and to supervise/control who can transact with whom.
Bitcoin is a currency that does not have this type of center. Each participant is both user and a supervisor of the network.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:56:20 AM

You can exchange your cryptavolut for a cheaper price and send it much more profitable. For example, you can buy DOGE and send with a commission of only 1 DOGE that's less than one cent.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:10:57 AM

Transactions fee on the blockchain depends on the traffic on the network. If the network is more congested, your transactions may need higher fees to send your coins through. In time with congested network, use regular payment because if you priority, it will cost more.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
DainnyRobin

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:19:06 AM

Each transaction includes a fee to be paid to the miner.
The goal is to get miners to feed the ledger when all bitcoins have already been created. The payment for this work will be the fees that are part of the block that he mines. This rate does not have a fixed value. You can offer 1 penny, 10 cents, a million or as much as you want for transaction fee.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: