Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny scammers  (Read 1970 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:06:03 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 11:32:11 AM by escrow.ms

A guy called me and told me that he's from localbitcoins.com and they are giving 1 bitcoin for free as promotion. If i want to redeem them, they will forward a mail to me and i need to open  it to get that free BTC.

I lol'ed hard and told them to send mail.

Oh btw his mobile number: 9198832244 /Naveen (Probably a fake name)
Name on truecaller: Yash

edit: got their mail.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nefron

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:39:34 AM

Smiley would like know more about the modus operandi of the scam, share if u get to know more
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:48:27 AM

Wow " put your antivirus off"  Grin Grin LOL
nefron

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:26:14 AM

just noticed! did he manage to spoof email id from localbitcoins.com domain? didnt gmail raise flags?
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

just noticed! did he manage to spoof email id from localbitcoins.com domain? didnt gmail raise flags?

That's easy bro.. and in this case they used http://emkei.cz/ mailer.
I am going to reverse their rat in free time and will post more details here.

Ps: I told him that i clicked on it and nothing happened, and then i kept disconnecting his call in between of that convo. He is going to guide me "How to run that file" in half hour because he is busy with his localbitcoins work now.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 11:32:19 AM

Ps: I told him that i clicked on it and nothing happened, and then i kept disconnecting his call in between of that convo. He is going to guide me "How to run that file" in half hour because he is busy with his localbitcoins work now.

lol... Felt like reading BTC-E troll box Cheesy

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
bitcoin9096

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:46:14 AM

Lol i got the same call,the second he said he is giving free btcs i diconnected the call.

escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:51:40 AM

He just called me again, he's now going to assist me via teamviewer at 8 PM. wow
He's such a hard working guy.

nefron

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:00:39 PM

m aware, but usually gmail hints if its spoofed. keep us posted its getting intresting
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:02:56 PM

m aware, but usually gmail hints if its spoofed. keep us posted its getting intresting

I am possibly going to boot up ubuntu and ask him to install that exe file via teamviewer at night Cheesy
PuneBTC

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:10:16 PM

I got a text. He introduced himself as Yash. Whatsapp'd me from the same number and asked for my email ID. Which I gave. Then they asked for last 3 BTC transactions and balance in my localbitcoin wallet. So I realised that something was fishy and transferred most of my balance out of localbitcoins.com. And guess what? My localbitcoin.com balance is now 0!! He took whatever little bit was left. I'm shocked cause all I gave him was my email ID. (I didn't get any email / click on any link, turn off my anti-virus etc) And I  have 2 factor authentication on for any transactions!

Luckily I was quick to move my BTC to other wallets, so I hardly lost 50-100 INR. I suggest you don't keep too much in localbitcoins.

Any knows how this was possible?

-Rohan
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:15:16 PM

I got a text. He introduced himself as Yash. Whatsapp'd me from the same number and asked for my email ID. Which I gave. Then they asked for last 3 BTC transactions and balance in my localbitcoin wallet. So I realised that something was fishy and transferred most of my balance out of localbitcoins.com. And guess what? My localbitcoin.com balance is now 0!! He took whatever little bit was left. I'm shocked cause all I gave him was my email ID. (I didn't get any email / click on any link, turn off my anti-virus etc) And I  have 2 factor authentication on for any transactions!

Luckily I was quick to move my BTC to other wallets, so I hardly lost 50-100 INR. I suggest you don't keep too much in localbitcoins.

Any knows how this was possible?

-Rohan

Can you post on which address he did withdrawal from your localbitcoins wallet.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:24:07 PM

Ok now,I can't see people getting scammed. I called him and told him to stop otherwise i'll fuck him for sure.
He's from lucknow, which is like my hometown.

His phone is now switched off.
PuneBTC

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:32:17 PM

I can identify my wallets in the blockchain. Rest were all bulk transactions / fees etc so its confusing. Also, this was a negligible amount so I'm getting confused with the fees, etc.  Maybe my balance randomly went to zero (fees etc), while I was fighting with him on Whatsapp. He was getting pissed off with my abusive language and threatened to delete my account. I was asking him to meet me in person if he has the ba**s! Sounds funny, but it wouldn't have been funny if I had REAL money in my account, not just pocket chillar.

escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:39:40 PM

I can identify my wallets in the blockchain. Rest were all bulk transactions / fees etc so its confusing. Also, this was a negligible amount so I'm getting confused with the fees, etc.  Maybe my balance randomly went to zero (fees etc), while I was fighting with him on Whatsapp. He was getting pissed off with my abusive language and threatened to delete my account. I was asking him to meet me in person if he has the ba**s! Sounds funny, but it wouldn't have been funny if I had REAL money in my account, not just pocket chillar.

Click on wallet and check all the transactions details and yes it's not funny if someone is loosing his hard earned money.

I thought to play with him little bit, but after your post, I couldn't stop myself from doing call.
I hope no one gets scammed, but if someone does, I wouldn't mind going to lucknow.
PuneBTC

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:42:27 PM

@Escrow.ms:

So initially I was playing along with him (till I moved my BTC out of localbitcoin). I asked him that I am also from Lucknow, etc. Let's meet up, blah blah:

He told me his address was:
12/56 hajratganj
Lucknow
Near kawabi biryani
(which I'm sure is fake)

He has also posted shady ads on quikr: (same phone number)
http://varanasi.quikr.com/Earn-7-per-month-on-your-investment-W0QQAdIdZ136296511

It is a Reliance Uttar Pradesh number. This guy is such a newbie scammer! Who uses whatsapp man? Smiley
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:47:35 PM

@Escrow.ms:

So initially I was playing along with him (till I moved my BTC out of localbitcoin). I asked him that I am also from Lucknow, etc. Let's meet up, blah blah:

He told me his address was:
12/56 hajratganj
Lucknow
Near kawabi biryani
(which I'm sure is fake)

He has also posted shady ads on quikr: (same phone number)
http://varanasi.quikr.com/Earn-7-per-month-on-your-investment-W0QQAdIdZ136296511

It is a Reliance Uttar Pradesh number. This guy is such a newbie scammer! Who uses whatsapp man? Smiley

XD

BTW it's Airtel U.P so he's from lucknow or some nearby city for sure and yeah i have seen those ad's.
PuneBTC

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:51:51 PM

Since I won't be using this wallet again:
Here is the blockchain. Its all greek to me man.

https://blockchain.info/address/1GH3cecc4RMDr45du2wxTQBkj1parhvjX5?filter=2
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:00:02 PM

Since I won't be using this wallet again:
Here is the blockchain. Its all greek to me man.

https://blockchain.info/address/1GH3cecc4RMDr45du2wxTQBkj1parhvjX5?filter=2

Is that your localbitcoins, receiving address?
You just need to check transactions which is below "Send/Receive bitcoins box"

PuneBTC

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

It was the fee. #FeelingStupidNow
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: