Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of work based on human energy only  (Read 3045 times)
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:50:34 PM

Huntercoin - Human Mine-able

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330533.0

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanonano

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:15:13 PM

I think one thing that a computer might not be able to do but might be easily verifiable by a computer is detect "human randomness"

The thing about "randomness" is that it's impossible to tell a bad source of randomness and a good source of randomness based on a single datapoint (is 39717 a random number? What about 12345?). Same goes for any Turing test, which is basically what you are suggesting.
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:34:49 PM

Isnt this called a real job?

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
lerelerele

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:44:50 PM

Great idea but very difficult to do.  I can imagine insurance companies, sports companies and alt coiners all loving it!
I thought of something related to a cycling power meter, but it would be easy to fake..

CyclingCoin controlled by GPS (no movement no earns) and velocity (No earns by less than 3mph or more than 24mph.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:50:38 PM

Another concept could be based on the unique RNA or DNA samples, which would include the transactions info using a special enzime.  Smiley But it should use viral or bacterial RNA/DNA because the human reproduction process is too slow.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:55:41 PM

Great idea but very difficult to do.  I can imagine insurance companies, sports companies and alt coiners all loving it!
I thought of something related to a cycling power meter, but it would be easy to fake..

CyclingCoin controlled by GPS (no movement no earns) and velocity (No earns by less than 3mph or more than 24mph.

clever idea , i wonder if possible to really get that idea going every phone has gps now.

JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:20:25 PM

Connect dat xbox kinect and make it somehow crack-proof.

Let the people dance for coins ^^
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

100% human solvable captchas

You will need to update the captcha system from time to time because bots will catch up with it after a certain period of time
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:42:53 PM

or perhaps a virtual world with various occupations such as mining, crafting and so on

I can think of runescape. It used to have various anti-bot checks from time to time.

In any case, if you implement a human proof of work system, you will need to upgrade it from time to time because bots will catch up
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

This is a neat idea if the details could be worked out.
mokimarket (OP)

Activity: 422

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:51:12 PM

This is a neat idea if the details could be worked out.

Agreed, I know many blow this off as a pipe dream...but one has to think different to truly come up with something revolutionary.

diedicar

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

I share the same idea. I found this thread serching for human proof of work coin. I think it's the future fore VERY important reasons.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:06:25 AM

Want to add human energy into the equation? Make the user click or type continuously.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:11:26 AM

I know it's a crazy showerthought idea, but just curious as to the feasibility of such a thing?
possible.  i heard they're looking for an Architect

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:30:57 AM

This seems fairly simple and cheap to do if you own a gym, and especially great because gym memberships have a roster of ~3 lazy/stupid people per 1 person actually utilizing their membership to a reasonable potential. If you have new, higher-end equipment, it may be possible to interface with existing sensors and only use something like a raspi, or even just have the equipment's internals upload JSON data to a central server which either pays out a special coin or BTC. This shouldn't cost more than $50/machine and would likely be significantly cheaper.

I imagine this being extremely effective in promoting fitness, and possibly the strongest available positive reinforcement, much more so than a guy you pay to stand around telling you you're doing a good job. You offer a subscription-based model which allows users to work off their subscription fee by bettering themselves.

Example:
To join AwesomeGym, pay $150 start-up fee (which includes "handicap assessment"), then $50 or 50 FIT (Fitcoins) per month. $100/yr fee for maintenance handicapping, maybe waivable for making good progress and permitting some form of advertisement. Thus, if you earn 50FIT/mo through decent exercise, you're able to sustain membership for free (except the $150 initially, and $100/mo for handicapping maintenance).

User should be able to earn roughly 50FIT per month with above-average use... maybe 15 hours at the gym, so for each hour of work, you would want to be earning ~3.33FIT.

AG will have a low number of Handicapper Generals on staff (not necessarily essential with smart software and a biometric scan) who assesses the ability of a new user. He will test them on all FIT-compliant equipment, take the best revenue/minute results, and adjust the handicap based on that. Perhaps a fit, young person is able to generate 6FIT/hour. Since the target is 3.33FIT/hour, he would have a handicap multiplyer of .5555. Maybe an out-of-shape elderly person is unable to generate more than 1FIT/hour. That person's handicap multiplier would be 3.

Problems:
1) This absolutely does not require a decentralized solution, and decentralization would be doomed to fail since monitoring to prevent cheating is essential.
2) Gyms profit tremendously from people underutilizing their membership, with over 2/3 of membership-holders never actually going to the gym. I think a good bit of this is made up for with the high start-up fee and the genuinely good things this would likely do for people.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:54:08 AM

While this sounds like a novel and exciting idea, it would never be successful in the world we live in as of right now. The majority of the world's population has become increasingly lazy; so lazy that nearly no one wants to walk to even the corner grocery store, so lazy that people stand still on escalators and people movers instead of using them to accelerate their movement up/down/forward. This would ultimately only appeal to small percentage of health nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something that would either benefit the hard working people and/or compelled more people to be physically fit instead of having the obesity problem that we see today; but alas, we do not live in such a world.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:09:17 AM

This seems fairly simple and cheap to do if you own a gym, and especially great because gym memberships have a roster of ~3 lazy/stupid people per 1 person actually utilizing their membership to a reasonable potential. If you have new, higher-end equipment, it may be possible to interface with existing sensors and only use something like a raspi, or even just have the equipment's internals upload JSON data to a central server which either pays out a special coin or BTC. This shouldn't cost more than $50/machine and would likely be significantly cheaper.

I imagine this being extremely effective in promoting fitness, and possibly the strongest available positive reinforcement, much more so than a guy you pay to stand around telling you you're doing a good job. You offer a subscription-based model which allows users to work off their subscription fee by bettering themselves.

Example:
To join AwesomeGym, pay $150 start-up fee (which includes "handicap assessment"), then $50 or 50 FIT (Fitcoins) per month. $100/yr fee for maintenance handicapping, maybe waivable for making good progress and permitting some form of advertisement. Thus, if you earn 50FIT/mo through decent exercise, you're able to sustain membership for free (except the $150 initially, and $100/mo for handicapping maintenance).

User should be able to earn roughly 50FIT per month with above-average use... maybe 15 hours at the gym, so for each hour of work, you would want to be earning ~3.33FIT.

AG will have a low number of Handicapper Generals on staff (not necessarily essential with smart software and a biometric scan) who assesses the ability of a new user. He will test them on all FIT-compliant equipment, take the best revenue/minute results, and adjust the handicap based on that. Perhaps a fit, young person is able to generate 6FIT/hour. Since the target is 3.33FIT/hour, he would have a handicap multiplyer of .5555. Maybe an out-of-shape elderly person is unable to generate more than 1FIT/hour. That person's handicap multiplier would be 3.

Problems:
1) This absolutely does not require a decentralized solution, and decentralization would be doomed to fail since monitoring to prevent cheating is essential.
2) Gyms profit tremendously from people underutilizing their membership, with over 2/3 of membership-holders never actually going to the gym. I think a good bit of this is made up for with the high start-up fee and the genuinely good things this would likely do for people.

"Sudden cardiac arrest deaths soar as young males worked to death in marathon 28-hour exercise session"

"Gaming the system: handicap application rates soared last December"

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:18:02 AM

Example:

Problems:

"Sudden cardiac arrest deaths soar as young males worked to death in marathon 28-hour exercise session"
They'd have little incentive to go 28 hours. The only benefit would be that they don't have to come to the gym to exercise for almost two months after the marathon to maintain free membership, which probably shouldn't be seen as a benefit, anyway.

In given example, 50FIT a month translates to roughly 30 minutes per day at the gym, which is a pretty decent allotment. Maybe you don't come in on the weekends and would want to get closer to 45m at the gym on workdays.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:38:27 AM

I've been thinking about this a alot...but does anyone have any conceptual ideas on how to create a coin that is only mineable by human energy?

this already exists its called gold coin. there is also a virtual version of this called Dollar which is "mineable" by performing menial tasks and submitting them to a thing called a "BOSS". There are many proof of work algorithms used in this system but the two most common are the "Invoice" and the "Time sheet"....  people also like to use mining pools.. I think they are called "corporations"

I hope that helps  Wink

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: