Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:08:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28088 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:01:27 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 12:18:46 PM by Bicknellski

16'Celsius here today and 4 of 5 miners are overheating/throttling now.

Heat-sink pad issues?
Though I have the tools and thermal paste did not checked them. Too scary after screw dropped out from miner from first shipment. I am not very hardware friendly as you also. But guess I have to disassemble them and check out.

Check out links:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424604.msg4624265#msg4624265
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354250.msg3792891#msg3792891
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355289.msg3810216#msg3810216
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287306.0

and try sending lightfoot a PM he might be able to help you step by step.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cactusizer

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

Has anyone sued these people? This is illegal just like delivering a product that is not working is... (I think)
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:28:13 PM

Has anyone sued these people? This is illegal just like delivering a product that is not working is... (I think)

Lol.

vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:10:17 PM

I contacted that lawyer who won Mr. Lolli's case. After long silence he said that $2k deposit is required, his rate is something like $200/h and no guarantee he gives. Guess that story was just another scam cover operation.
Thank you for links Bicknellski. What I can do is to check the thermalpaste and assembling accuracy. The SLok of BFL said that opening the miner does not looses warranty but who they knows.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:47:22 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 09:11:48 AM by Bicknellski

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554360.msg6035837#msg6035837

Fire Hazard PSA on BFL PSUs.

Code:
Quote from: jborkl on April 02, 2014, 23:09:41
I took mine apart to see what was going wrong a long time ago.  
The 3 main caps and main fuse going into the PCB are blowing- creating the white powder.

Daklore:
I know what your saying, I had a small cap fall out as well.   I had one almost blowout in my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGVYHYfzEq4

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:12:16 AM

Anyone else have some Product Failures / Underperformance to report?

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:58:13 AM

Anyone else have some Product Failures / Underperformance to report?
I have a failure to report... I went to my profile page and looked at the trust rating (which says 0 to me) and notice this:

These ratings are from people who are not in your trust network. They may be totally inaccurate.

Bicknelski (blah blah blah)
YipYip (blah blah blah)

Looks like the forum is right, as they ARE totally inaccurate. 

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:52:34 AM

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners Class Action starte

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:27:12 PM

I just had another Jalapeno trip the current protection on my power supply.

That makes it the third unit to do this.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

You will be happy to know that you some how had the EXTREME misfortune of receiving 3 units that fell into the <2% failure rate, unless of course you bought 150 units then ok my apologies your within the BFL official failure rates.

Let me clear up a few points here real quick:

[BFL stole nothing. Unless someone can provide some proof to the contrary, they are lying.
    BFL has scammed no one. Unless someone can provide proof to the contrary, they are lying. (Go on, ask for proof from the trolls claiming scams, you'll never get it.)
    BFL gave refund for over six months past the estimated shipping date. BFL only stopped giving refunds after shipping started. Anyone who tells you differently is lying.
    There was no promised shipping date for the Monarch line and in fact there were big bold text stating that it is a preorder and subject to delay. Anyone who tells you the Monarch is late and that BFL made promises on delivery time is lying.
    ]BFL has shipped over 50,000 products in the 65nm line. The failure rate is less than 1% (0.72%) not including power supplies.  If you include power supplies, that goes to 1.65%.  Far lower than industry average and a simply awesome (lack of) failure rate. Contrast to the other mining companies equipment, which has double digit failure rates and it's even better.  Anyone who tells you differently is lying.[/li][/list]
    OP's experience is the norm. People rarely come to a forum to post when they have a positive experience, they usually come and post to complain. After 50,000 units shipped and you look at the complaints, that should tell you something.  Most people are not complaining, just a handful of disgruntled people and a whole lot of trolls who aren't even customers.[/li][/list]
    The only people who get rude responses from me are people who initiate a conversation with rudeness or lies. Go on, ask one of the trolls to provide proof to the contrary, you won't find it.  The secret is being respectful and polite and you get the same in return.  Be an asshole and you get the same in return... funny how that works.

[/list]
    Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
    June 09, 2014, 04:35:39 PM

You will be happy to know that you some how had the EXTREME misfortune of receiving 3 units that fell into the <2% failure rate, unless of course you bought 150 units then ok my apologies your within the BFL official failure rates.

[BFL stole nothing. Unless someone can provide some proof to the contrary, they are lying.
          BFL has scammed no one. Unless someone can provide proof to the contrary, they are lying. (Go on, ask for proof from the trolls claiming scams, you'll never get it.)
          BFL gave refund for over six months past the estimated shipping date. BFL only stopped giving refunds after shipping started. Anyone who tells you differently is lying.
          There was no promised shipping date for the Monarch line and in fact there were big bold text stating that it is a preorder and subject to delay. Anyone who tells you the Monarch is late and that BFL made promises on delivery time is lying.
          ]BFL has shipped over 50,000 products in the 65nm line. The failure rate is less than 1% (0.72%) not including power supplies.  If you include power supplies, that goes to 1.65%.  Far lower than industry average and a simply awesome (lack of) failure rate. Contrast to the other mining companies equipment, which has double digit failure rates and it's even better.  Anyone who tells you differently is lying.[/li][/list]
          OP's experience is the norm. People rarely come to a forum to post when they have a positive experience, they usually come and post to complain. After 50,000 units shipped and you look at the complaints, that should tell you something.  Most people are not complaining, just a handful of disgruntled people and a whole lot of trolls who aren't even customers.[/li][/list]
          The only people who get rude responses from me are people who initiate a conversation with rudeness or lies. Go on, ask one of the trolls to provide proof to the contrary, you won't find it.  The secret is being respectful and polite and you get the same in return.  Be an asshole and you get the same in return... funny how that works.

[/list]

Over 6000+ complaints to PayPal and the FTC... Trolls indeed.

bcp19

View Profile
          June 09, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

[/list]

I've seen the FTC proof (even though there were at least 10% duplicate items there), but the only "proof" to this is the statement by the probation officer.  Don't you have a nice spreadsheet from paypal like the FTC had?  C'mon Bickster, you're slacking here, get on the ball and get'r done!

Flying Hellfish
                Legendary

Activity: 1764
                Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
                June 09, 2014, 10:11:30 PM

[/list]

I've seen the FTC proof (even though there were at least 10% duplicate items there), but the only "proof" to this is the statement by the probation officer.  Don't you have a nice spreadsheet from paypal like the FTC had?  C'mon Bickster, you're slacking here, get on the ball and get'r done!

You need more proof than a United States Probation Officers under oath testimony in open court... Even defence council isn't stupid enough to question the validity of that statement...
                      k9quaint
                      Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
                      June 10, 2014, 02:40:30 AM

You need more proof than a United States Probation Officers under oath testimony in open court... Even defence council isn't stupid enough to question the validity of that statement...

Plus, BFL did not dispute the numbers of complaints in court (which means it was less than what would have been produced by examination of BFL records).
                      This is just another case of BCP19 grasping at straws to salvage what he can of his ego. It has to suck for him, all those promises of Monarchs for shilling and now he gets nothing!  Cheesy

I wonder if CNBC would be interested in doing an episode of American Greed on BFL and their astroturfers.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
                      bcp19

View Profile
                      June 10, 2014, 06:07:27 AM

Plus, BFL did not dispute the numbers of complaints in court (which means it was less than what would have been produced by examination of BFL records).
                      This is just another case of BCP19 grasping at straws to salvage what he can of his ego. It has to suck for him, all those promises of Monarchs for shilling and now he gets nothing!  Cheesy

I wonder if CNBC would be interested in doing an episode of American Greed on BFL and their astroturfers.  Grin
                      I have no need to salve my ego, I just think it's funny how people will read something on the internet and think it must be true.  Bick shouted about the 283 FTC complaints over and over but then stopped using numbers after it was found out there were quite a few duplicates in the mix.  The same will be true of the Paypal 'data' if it ever completely surfaces... you can escalate a claim through paypal something like 3 times in an attempt to get a refund.  I'd be willing to bet all 3 of those escalations count as a separate complaint.  This is where you guys don't do your research, probably because you believe it to be true cause you read it somewhere(or cause it involves BFL).  It's so much easier to pile onto the hate train and ignore the true facts out there.  Kind of like the $200 million a day trip to India that got reported and then lampooned in The Newsroom.  "OMG! Did you read this?  It must be true!  We need to lambast the government!!!!".  Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Michelle Bachman, among others, carried the torch to "let america know" and ended up with egg on their faces.  Bick of course knows about having egg on his face, just look at BPM.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
                      June 10, 2014, 07:15:20 AM

It is FACT 6000+ PayPal complaints.

It is FACT 283 FTC complaints.

BFL agreed tacitly to those figures and didn't argue it.

So what about the current numbers of complaints and lawsuits and claimants BCP?

Are you saying everything is ok in BFL land? Are customers happy? You yourself sold off your Monarch orders.

How about we tell the truth. BFL is dead. They won't get this unit out the door you know it. This is the end for them. They won't make another miner they can't compete with Chinese or Israeli teams building and designing working units at this point you know it is over right?

Why not admit it?

Just admit BFL is dead. Say it get it off your chest you know you want to say it.

Syke
                      Legendary

Activity: 3878
                      Merit: 1193

View Profile
                      June 10, 2014, 02:21:37 PM

Just admit BFL is dead. Say it get it off your chest you know you want to say it.

I wish. They're more like a zombie. Latest Josh fail:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8492-monarch-engineering-update-31-may-2014-a-25.html#post82550

The eventual solution will probably be a new version of the board

Another board revision! There goes any chance of shipping in June.

Buy & Hold
                      Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
                      June 10, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

I wish. They're more like a zombie. Latest Josh fail:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8492-monarch-engineering-update-31-may-2014-a-25.html#post82550

The eventual solution will probably be a new version of the board

Another board revision! There goes any chance of shipping in June.

Thread automatically updated every 20 second(s). <--- LOL... need to take faster snap shots so things don't disappear on the BFL boards... was reading... refresh 5 posts just disappeared LOL!

bcp19

View Profile
                      June 11, 2014, 02:45:27 AM

It is FACT 6000+ PayPal complaints.

It is FACT 283 FTC complaints.

BFL agreed tacitly to those figures and didn't argue it.

So what about the current numbers of complaints and lawsuits and claimants BCP?

Are you saying everything is ok in BFL land? Are customers happy? You yourself sold off your Monarch orders.

How about we tell the truth. BFL is dead. They won't get this unit out the door you know it. This is the end for them. They won't make another miner they can't compete with Chinese or Israeli teams building and designing working units at this point you know it is over right?

Why not admit it?

you forgot:

IT IS A FACT THAT OVER 10% OF THE FTC COMPLAINTS ARE DUPLICATES.

RoadStress
                      Legendary

Activity: 1904
                      Merit: 1007

View Profile
                      June 11, 2014, 02:54:52 AM

you forgot:

IT IS A FACT THAT OVER 10% OF THE FTC COMPLAINTS ARE DUPLICATES.

Another fact is that you aren't hashing with your Monarch!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
                        Print  

Jump to: