Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits - An erroneous feedback system with no credibility.  (Read 433 times)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:03:26 AM

very difficult to be promote to next member. I see too many people are struggling to promote higher rank
Huh! are you serious ? You just signed up and you are talking about merit? Please take some time and observe then give your views.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 03:53:08 PM

Those are valid concerns and need to be addressed by the admin in future updates. We should still give it some time as I think the merit system is quite new.
There are no "valid" concerns about the merit system - other than the number of merit sources being low. But this will increase graduually and I am sure the forum posts with bullshit threads about merit begging will be reduced them, not stopped - because we always have some crybabies.

Members sending merits to campaign mangers just for impressing them is a big problem.
Giving merit to some post - its dependent on what the person thinks as merit worthy. This idea varies among everyone. Although some ANN or Bounty thread is a waste of merit.

Greed is an obvious human behavior and some will always act based on that.
Thats true but irrelevant here unless you are trying to prove some point?

However, note that some of the campaign mangers make excellent posts as well, in fact one is even among the top merited embers here.
I highlt doubt that the people who are mostly involved in the bounty section as "excellent posters" - But those managing bitcoin signature campaigns, many of them are good posters.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 04:19:35 PM

If there's anything that's more disappointing than the innumerable alts that exist on this forum, it is the merit system!
When the Merit system was announced initially, I was really looking forward to it since it would have helped me differentiate myself from the majority of the shitposters that exist here. I saw it as an opportunity to rank up by writing quality posts, but even after being a regular and efficient poster, I haven't received any merit.
The funny part? The majority of the people who have it are either mere shitposters who end up receiving merit from their alts or close friends, or the campaign managers who get merited by desperate bounty hunters on the day they send payments or when they announce a new campaign.
What is the fun of having such a system in place where merits no longer carry any sort of credibility and are just freely given away for no apparent reason?!
I saw a one liner post by Lauda which received 50 merits from aTriz, a 7 word post from a user which received 5 merits from Pharmacist and innumerable other similar examples.
Almost everyone on this forum is misusing it. Hardly do I ever see a good post being merited.

Another thing that surprises me is that a lot of users have some special affinity for Yahoo. So many of them are busy licking his balls and worshipping him. The majority of people that he has accepted in his own signature campaign are actually the worst shitposters I have seen around with absolutely no command over English grammar whatsoever.

I wish there was a better system in place compared to the Merit system. It makes it near impossible to ever rank up on this forum.

P.S - Before you call me a hypocrite, I do not support alts. I made this account just to vent out my frustration. I was and shall always be a trusted member of the community.

And why should I believe that you are and "shall always be a trusted member of the community"?
If you are such a great poster and trusted member of the community why would you start a newbie account?
Why won't you post on your "real" account?

More than anything, it seems like you are making an alt, posting something that you hope will get merit, so you can give smerit back to your main account.

Yes, it is hard to get merit and a lot of people abuse the system, you can join the literally thousands of posts whining about merit but not offering anything that is meritable.
Or, if you are really that desperate for merit (why would you be unless you are trying to make profit off the forum?), why don't you do what others do to get more?
Why won't you adapt to the situation before you?

The system is new, and will take time to see how it changes (or doesn't change) the forum.
Before any changes can be made to it, it needs to run its course.

Me personally, I don't see merit as a big deal.
I haven't seen that it lessens the amount of spam and I see that merit is given out randomly and abusively.
Well, of course it wouldn't work as intended, this is an open forum on the wonderful world of the internet, you expect people to behave and act civilized?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: