Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-04-29]Sony Will Store Data Using Blockchain  (Read 79 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:59:14 PM

One of the world’s technology giants is going to implement blockchain tech. It was announced in a document by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The FinTech platform will be adjusted for storing digital rights.

Sony representatives explained the move stating that current digital rights management (DRM) is not reliable as it does not preserve the user’s rights in case the rights locker provider or system ceases its activity.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/sony-will-store-data-using-blockchain/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:33:13 PM

Interesting application on improving digital rights management. The article doesn't really explain well the current shortcomings of the current drm system. I mean it does say that it would fail if the system ceases activity, but that's also true if they use the system to run blockchain. I guess they're talking about taking advantage of the decentralization of block chain?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:18:57 PM

The article doesn't really explain well the current shortcomings of the current drm system. I mean it does say that it would fail if the system ceases activity, but that's also true if they use the system to run blockchain.
All articles nowadays are like that. They just state the very obvious and then in overall form, but fail to actually provide the necessary details making the article complete. It's all part of their rush-to-publish way of doing business; ad revenue sluts they are.

I guess they're talking about taking advantage of the decentralization of block chain?
It could be, but I very much doubt that. In most cases all these businesses eye to have their own centralized permission based blockchain developed. I think the main clue of this article is that it points out that instead of Sony relying on servers that store all the data right now, everything will be stored within their own blockchain network (that could be distributed throughout the world) to ensure that every bit of their data remains safe and accurate.

In most cases when businesses store their data on servers, one error could mess up things badly, where in case one of their nodes corrupts or just fails, they know they have plenty of exact 1:1 copies of their data elsewhere, where without permission, the previous blocks can't be rewritten, and thus aren't subject to external manipulation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: